Sign in to follow this  
vaylain

Please remove the AGE aspect from this game...

The age system imo is how the game is going to kill off inactive players. Just get rid of the debuff, and make more ways to get back down. like a vendor who sells rare samples of the fountain for 20 gold at freeport, but "the samples are too old to have the full effect" and it only sends you back to 50, 75 without the buff.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:17 PM, vaylain said:

If you want to see what kind of "fun" this age quest adds go check it out for yourselves but I for one would love this thing removed from the game as it has no place in an online game as dying isn't entirely under our full control...server lag, players using exploits, crashes, buggy code, erratic and broken AI, getting stuck in the mesh, falling through the mesh, player ping deferential, desyncing, etc... Eating balanced meals and watching out for predators is one thing but why should we get punished for the kinds of deathly events that happen consistently and beyond our control? I play video games for fun not for toil and punishment!

I concur, please remove this crap. Atlas is a good game with real potential but you need to get rid of crap like this ageing system.  ...or at least make it optional. 

2 hours ago, Harry Johnson said:

I concur, please remove this crap. Atlas is a good game with real potential but you need to get rid of crap like this ageing system.  ...or at least make it optional. 

There is no debuff or any perma death as far as I know any more it got patched out awhile ago 

So IMHO it is optional as of now

Edited by Atlaneer
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, George Catcher said:

You did wrong - to die at exact path to the fountain. After I use fountain I then go to the deep cave trying to lure all monsters away from path, so next player would be able to run freely : ))

Huh, good idea.

I was there for about 2hrs and was alone the whole time waiting for somebody to show up. I was about to give up when I said screw it and made that last run, in a last ditch effort to get it.

But ill remember that next time.

• Like 1

I think also that the PowerStone island you did it on is one of the medium difficulty ones.  C6 and M12 are far easier with the caves being fairly close to the shore, so you have less of a chance of "followers" and an easier time naked luring anything by the cave away.  I did it the first time on D12 before the first wipe and when the Fountain moved around ... that was probably the worst time I ever had trying to make that run with Cyclops and Rock Elementals directly in front of the cave entrance.

It's been so long and it still persists in the game. I like the age aspect in some games, but not in this one though. I prefer the character to be as I designed him from the very beginning, and not changing as time pass by. The system which wow has is perfect for me. I can customize the character which I created however I want. Leveling and raiding is not my favorite part, but I can always take a boost on https://wowcarry.com/wow and enjoy the aspects of the game which I like the most, like pvp and role playing.

Edited by SSnake