Sign in to follow this  
vaylain

Please remove the AGE aspect from this game...

If you want to see what kind of "fun" this age quest adds go check it out for yourselves but I for one would love this thing removed from the game as it has no place in an online game as dying isn't entirely under our full control...server lag, players using exploits, crashes, buggy code, erratic and broken AI, getting stuck in the mesh, falling through the mesh, player ping deferential, desyncing, etc... Eating balanced meals and watching out for predators is one thing but why should we get punished for the kinds of deathly events that happen consistently and beyond our control? I play video games for fun not for toil and punishment!

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 10

If this isn't something that can be solo'd (or at least done with a small group), I plan on starting a new character instead of dealing with the debuff.

• Like 4

Does it even makes any sense that a "90" year old person is actually capable of surviving a quest for "The Fountain of Youth"? What is this, Geriatric Olympics?

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

You can solo it by running through the cave and spamming e when you get near the end.

Is it fun? God no.

• Like 3

I'm all for the age mechanic and the endgame fountain of youth stuff... BUT please don't add in the debuff until we have an alternate path. I will gladly have offspring or what ever other mechnic you plan, but it's not developed, so don't penalize the player base who can't do Fountain of Youth yet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vaylain said:

Does it even makes any sense that a "90" year old person is actually capable of running a quest for The Fountain of Youth"?

This system don't have sense, first u need travel too much hours with posibility despawn fountain in travel, second u need dodge Ciclips, Elementals, Spiders Skeletons...and for finish need patience for server lag, and somemore bugs.

• Like 2

Just now, Axden1 said:

I'm all for the age mechanic and the endgame fountain of youth stuff... BUT please don't add in the debuff until we have an alternate path. I will gladly have offspring or what ever other mechnic you plan, but it's not developed, so don't penalize the player base who can't do Fountain of Youth yet.

Also, why weren't we made aware that this was going to happen so we would have been more careful with our characters?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

I like it and feel like its quite unique

2 minutes ago, Heilos said:

You can solo it by running through the cave and spamming e when you get near the end.

Spamming E button under attack of hundreds hostile creatures - Imho, this is not the best way to make an "unique" quest

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Yuta said:

Spamming E button under attack of hundreds hostile creatures - Imho, this is not the best way to make an "unique" quest

The devs need a way to make this a beneficial choice and NOT a requirement. How about keeping the permanent bonuses for those brave and savvy enough to complete the quest but do not debuff others that choose not to go on this adventure?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vaylain said:

The devs need a way to make this a beneficial choice and NOT a requirement. How about keeping the permanent bonuses for those brave and savvy enough to complete the quest but do not debuff others that choose not to go on this adventure?

Imo the age system can stay, if they make a few changes

- Not make this the only thing that makes you younger. Rather make this let’s say 20 years younger, and others 5-10 (Idk like doing challenges or finding some treasure with a potion in it.) 

- Make the aging system longer, I mean like 20 years per month. 

- Fix the damn fountains so it can be fun. Lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Imo the age system can stay, if they make a few changes

- Not make this the only thing that makes you younger. Rather make this let’s say 20 years younger, and others 5-10 (Idk like doing challenges or finding some treasure with a potion in it.) 

- Make the aging system longer, I mean like 20 years per month. 

- Fix the damn fountains so it can be fun. Lol. 

How about NOT have an AGE but use our levels. When your level reaches 100, then you go on this quest?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Yuta said:

Who said anything about the quest i was referring to the age system, you also deleted the 2nd part which read give them some time to see where it ends up

1 minute ago, vaylain said:

How about NOT have an AGE but use our levels. When your level reaches 100, then you go on this quest?

To gain levels or be set back keeping the same level?

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

To gain levels or be set back keeping the same level?

No, you stay at 100 levels but you earn those permanent buffs. Like the prestige in COD Modern Warfare.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tillman said:

How are you supposed to be able to do this on a pvp server?

What do the fountain of youth?  That was easy... 

1 hour ago, vaylain said:

No, you stay at 100 levels but you earn those permanent buffs. Like the prestige in COD Modern Warfare.

No... The age mechanic with the permadeath option was something that attracted me to the concept of this game.   I am only hoping that they actually stick to it, instead of following SWG pre-cu and dropping permadeath before it hits release.

2 hours ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Who said anything about the quest i was referring to the age system, you also deleted the 2nd part which read give them some time to see where it ends up

i understand about "time for finding a good balance", but i have no idea, how this quest can be interesting in this way "find and use". But let's see what this leads to.)

2 hours ago, vaylain said:

Agree

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vaylain said:

It's not kraken or something. You barely risk anything going there, so the risk aspect is rather questionable. Being able to stack 10% bonus to everything that matters every month is OP as hell and absolutely should not be in game especially while it's in EA (that is, unless there will be a full wipe, which afaik is not planned.)

• Like 1

After sailing for about 4-8 hours trying to find that fountain. I managed to kill a hydra get a unique dance move. Get rewarded with a key then turn that key in to get a powerstone. Get my level cap raised from 53 to 55. Find the FOY not on that island by the way. Then my character gets reset after 13 hours of playing with the buff. No rolls backs were happening, I wasn't crashing in-game. I just simply lost my buff/AGE 99/powerstone/lvl advancements/Dance move/and few discoveries i earned I can play with bugs and performance issues i know this is open beta but when you lose player progression that just sucks. Before this everybody experienced that 3 hour rollback.

We just got done hitting our enemies. Sunk a nice amount of their ships just for them to get them all back. Then TRY and come offline us. failed miserably but even before that everybody experienced a 10hour rollback or something. This has been 3 rollbacks for me like can i play the fucking game without losing progress got dam

On 1/21/2019 at 4:51 PM, BawlzBeeDragon said:

After sailing for about 4-8 hours trying to find that fountain. I managed to kill a hydra get a unique dance move. Get rewarded with a key then turn that key in to get a powerstone. Get my level cap raised from 53 to 55. Find the FOY not on that island by the way. Then my character gets reset after 13 hours of playing with the buff. No rolls backs were happening, I wasn't crashing in-game. I just simply lost my buff/AGE 99/powerstone/lvl advancements/Dance move/and few discoveries i earned I can play with bugs and performance issues i know this is open beta but when you lose player progression that just sucks. Before this everybody experienced that 3 hour rollback.

We just got done hitting our enemies. Sunk a nice amount of their ships just for them to get them all back. Then TRY and come offline us. failed miserably but even before that everybody experienced a 10hour rollback or something. This has been 3 rollbacks for me like can i play the fucking game without losing progress got dam

After sailing for about 4-8 hours trying to find that fountain??????   Screw that, I don't want to be forced to sail for 4-8 hours, sailing for only an hour is boring enough and an extreme waste of time, I certainly do not want to be forced to do it for 4-8 hours. This AGE system is utter bull-crap!

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 2

Sometimes it´s hard to accept you made a mistake. but wildshot-grapecard could now show us real greatness by simply accept the fact that they messed up their own game and just remove this dodo-poo idea like atari got rid of their E.T. game. A little shame on them would be quite appropriate.