Sign in to follow this  
SupaNinja

Thatch Bush Locations? - The best way to get thatch

I've heard that harvesting these thatch bushes with a bear is the best way to get thatch. A guy on my server said he was able to get around 70k thatch in 30 minutes by himself. The only location I know of that has these bushes is E11. Does anyone know of other grids that have them?

1 hour ago, SupaNinja said:

I've heard that harvesting these thatch bushes with a bear is the best way to get thatch. A guy on my server said he was able to get around 70k thatch in 30 minutes by himself. The only location I know of that has these bushes is E11. Does anyone know of other grids that have them?

I've farmed those in J9 Freeport North island, like 1k in seconds time. There wasn't much tho. You might want to check other Low Desert biome grids.

Edited by Bushma

the one's i've seen look like cattails. I've only seen them on one island though and there weren't a ton. 

What do the other kinds look like?

In temperate zones look for leaves on the ground.  I can harvest several thousand by myself with a scythe on foot.  

• Like 1

I do weekly runs with my weight brig,in 1 hour with a chill pace im able to get 100-120k thatch that lasts me entire week of building ships,repairs,building buildings and so on. Its northenmost island in A12. Possible only with a bear

5 minutes ago, Virkatjol said:

or close to K3 😄

J5 has an island with cat tails on it.  You will want to clear the crocs before you begin harvesting(in case of alpha croc).

Edited by Vaenix
words
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, Lukas1987 said:

I do weekly runs with my weight brig,in 1 hour with a chill pace im able to get 100-120k thatch that lasts me entire week of building ships,repairs,building buildings and so on. Its northenmost island in A12. Possible only with a bear 

I ran around both islands on A12 last night and was unable to find any thatch bushes with the bear. I found "oak bushes" that looked like yellow leaf bushes that harvested thatch by hand but the bear did not harvest them and neither could a scythe.

Edited by AtlasRyan

7 hours ago, AtlasRyan said:

I ran around both islands on A12 last night and was unable to find any thatch bushes with the bear. I found "oak bushes" that looked like yellow leaf bushes that harvested thatch by hand but the bear did not harvest them and neither could a scythe.

Im sorry my dude if i wasted your time,its a typo. Its actually A11 north island close to the border with freeport. Really sorry man

Just now, Lukas1987 said:

Im sorry my dude if i wasted your time,its a typo. Its actually A11 north island close to the border with freeport. Really sorry man

No worries dude a11 is actually closer to me. Wasn’t time wasted at all. I’m the exploring type, I like to go check out the islands see what resources there are, what people have done with their bases, pick up treasure maps and keep the good ones. saw some cool stuff on A12, it has by far the biggest island I have ever seen.

7 minutes ago, pbtpokey said:

Any near K12?

Low Desert so you may find it in J10, look for green bushes on shore.

• Like 1