Sign in to follow this  
Supernaturaloven

MEGA UPDATED LIST OF THINGS TO FIX

First off, I play on NA PVE. I have not played PVP on Atlas at all so these opinions listed below are probably not accurate for PVP.:classic_blink: There are quite a few things I would like to see change. I do not expect this in a week or even a month, but this is my list of things I feel could be a lot better. I am not going into much detail, just making a quick list while I am sick in bed.

Taming:

I will start with taming, since that is what I loved so much about Ark. Having to build a trap, just to tame an animal, is not a good taming method. Yeah sure you can tame it in the wild right now, but lets be honest, no one is doing that. It's way to easy to lose the the animal mid tame to a snake, lion, tiger, etc. They need to bring some type of narcotics into the game for taming. Not necessarily the same as Ark though. I personally enjoyed the Dark and Light taming with Hook arrows. It kept it exciting. Having to use a bola that does not hit, even though you clearly hit the animal with it, is not going to work out.

Armor:

Armor is a complete waste to wear right now. It barely gives any resistance to incoming damage. I do not think I have ever worn any sort of clothing in this game, because all it does is slow you down. Fur is not even worth it, once you tame the penguin. I can understand the slowing down of movement for plate armor, but cloth, hide and fur makes no sense to me. Being able to reduce the amount of movement reduction should not even be apart of the skill tree. Waste of points imo, since the armor barely increased health and resistance to damage. 

Guns/Bows:

The reload speed needs an increase. It is way to slow right now for the damage output that it does. I sometimes deal more damage with a pistol, compared to a carbine. Why even make the carbine then? The pistol snipes just as far as the carbine, just not zoomed in as far. Guns need a ton of work. The bows worked great at first, now they have been tinkered with so much they are shit. Only 10 fire arrows until my bow breaks now? Yeah that was great when the fire arrows actually did damage, now even the bow and arrows are not worth it. What am I supposed to do when I fight Army of the dead? or a wild animal? or alphas? If an Alpha lion or anything similar in speed comes at you, get the trap ready, or it's not dying.

Tamed Animals:

I have noticed a few changes in tamed animals lately. That is nice and all, but most of the animals need HUGE harvesting buffs. I think my perfect level 30 tamed giraffe got 4 thatch from one tree. To me, there is no point in taming them. Only a select few animals are worth the time to tame right now. The weight buff from a recent patch has helped a lot, but I need to be able to max that weight out with gathered material.

Alpha Animals:

These should be a rare sighting, not a common thing. We usually have 2-5 alphas up at all times on our island in i7 on Williers Cay. Make them similar to Ark where they are quite rare.

Skill Tree/Skill Points:

Maybe the skill tree and amount of skill points is fine to others, but I would like to see an increase of skill points per level, or a whole skill tree re work. I do not like not being able to build ships because I having taming, weapons, and building. I know I can just re-spec every level, but that is such a hassle.

If anyone else has a comment, please let me know what you think about some of these topics. Again, I am not complaining, just simply listing things I feel Devs could take a look into changing/fixing. 

• Like 1

The taming in Atlas is way way way better than Ark, it's more hands on, Ark knock it out put food in come back a few hours later and you have an op pet. Atlas you have to earn the animlas loyalty show who is the boss and make it a submissive. Yes its buggy as hell atm but the overall concept BRILLIANT.

The Armor is more a cosmetic thing, you want better resistance you need to hunt for better blue prints

They are Flintlock pistols, how long do you think they should take? want assault rifle go play Day Z

Alphas I agree pain the ass

skill tree is a pain but easily worked around, build  a base put the things you need then repspec, so far the only thing I see in a skill tree that you have to keep to benefit form is Beast Mastery you tame a tier 3 you need to keep teir 3 to use it.

Edited by Implicitlee
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Implicitlee said:

The taming in Atlas is way way way better than Ark, it's more hands on, Ark knock it out put food in come back a few hours later and you have an op pet. Atlas you have to earn the animlas loyalty show who is the boss and make it a submissive. Yes its buggy as hell atm but the overall concept BRILLIANT.

The Armor is more a cosmetic thing, you want better resistance you need to hunt for better blue prints

They are Flintlock pistols, how long do you think they should take? want assault rifle go play Day Z

Alphas I agree pain the ass

skill tree is a pain but easily worked around, build  a base put the things you need then repspec, so far the only thing I see in a skill tree that you have to keep to benefit form is Beast Mastery you tame a tier 3 you need to keep teir 3 to use it.

Well put on the taming. I guess I just got so used to Ark taming. I am not sure if you have tried Dark and Light, but that taming is my favorite.

As far as the armor, we have masterwork sets made of plate and still not much better. 

For the guns, they need to do more damage then. The pistol should not do more damage than the carbine.

But I agree with most of what you are saying 

my experience I have had the Carbine do 797 damage the highest the pistol as done is around 128, I only play on pve so cant speak for pvp stats

• Like 1

Taming is a bit finicky, having to be near the animals face to feed can result in you getting knocked around a bit(especially with rhinos and bulls) but all in all I like it better than ark.

I live in the tundra so I have to use fur armor constantly to not die, and I don't really notice too much of a speed reduction, at least not enough to prevent me from rushing the water to get away from a wolf.

I think bows are fine, fire arrows were more than a bit broken, but since they were the only reasonable counter to alphas having them nerfed complicates killing alpha predators.  I haven't used guns at all, but I have a few company members that have stopped playing since the gun nerf.

Tamed animals are decent in my opinion, they're are a reasonable counter to most wildlife, excluding alphas and a couple people on bears can make quick work of treasure maps.

Alphas need to be looked into, they're way too strong to be as common as they are.  I think ARK handled the alphas better, if you saw an alpha early game you were dead, but they were rare so it wasn't a big deal.

The skill tree is clearly geared towards moderate sized companies and trading, I play solo so this is my biggest problem.  I don't think there should be skills that allow you to use higher quality armor/weapons.  I think this takes away from the trading aspect as you can't sell higher quality gear to people if they don't also have the ability to use it.

• Like 2

Well written, OP!  Here are my thoughts:

Taming: as mentioned above by by another person, I like the concept.  I wasn't a big fan of the taming in Ark.  Still needs some tweaking, but I like the direction it's going.

Armor: I completely disagree with this.  When I see people saying they are dying in two hits to wolves and stuff, I know right away that they aren't wearing armor.  With a set of plate or fur, you can take a lot more hits, and that means staying alive becomes significantly easier.  If you're not wearing armor, you 100% should!

Guns/Bows: I really like the guns, for the most part.  If you can get a headshot, you'll drop almost anything.  BUT!  If you miss and need to reload, you're in for a whole world of problems.  I usually keep my carbine as my primary weapon and a couple pistols on my hotkey bar as backups.  Rarely do I run into issues with this setup, unless I miss my shots and run out of loaded guns.  Then it's a scramble to reload (but Lucky Loader is amazing for those scenarios).

Harvesting Pets: I agree, partially.  I like a bit of grind, and previously when I'd come back with thousands of wood on my elephant, it was *too* easy.  I think it was adjusted a bit too far in the opposite direction though.  Still, it's pretty manageable and pets still make it easier to farm.

Alphas: agreed!  Agreed, agreed, agreed!  Go away, alphas, and chill out!

Edited by Domino
  • Like 1

I think the breeding time and the maturation time is way off specially for bear with 4 gestation time and over 40 maturation time and the temperature that kills the babies so fast and with only few degrees apart 7-14 Celsius you have to care for the bear all the time for ours so it doesn’t die since there no AC or way to keep him nice so you can sleep , so far lost 54 babies and counting temps is a bitch in this game...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DinoRex said:

I think the breeding time and the maturation time is way off specially for bear with 4 gestation time and over 40 maturation time and the temperature that kills the babies so fast and with only few degrees apart 7-14 Celsius you have to care for the bear all the time for ours so it doesn’t die since there no AC or way to keep him nice so you can sleep , so far lost 54 babies and counting temps is a bitch in this game...

I have not tried breeding in this game yet. It scares me since its so early into release lol

3 hours ago, DinoRex said:

agreed the breeding is pointless atm it way too time-consuming 

6 hours ago, Supernaturaloven said:

Skill Tree/Skill Points:

Maybe the skill tree and amount of skill points is fine to others, but I would like to see an increase of skill points per level, or a whole skill tree re work. I do not like not being able to build ships because I having taming, weapons, and building. I know I can just re-spec every level, but that is such a hassle.

I expect Skill Trees/Points to be overhauled several times during EA. There should almost certainly be more specialty trees, since "Magic" is expected to be a part of the game.