Sign in to follow this  
Ione "Silver" McDougall

Mirage Islands

We were out treasure hunting  my crew mate was captaining I was manning sails, I see an island right in front of us shout at him to change course we gonna hit the island and he said there was no island, checked map and no island on map, we sailed through island why am I getting this bug.

Yeah, it seems that they pop up in the same spots for a lot of people, but not everyone can see them. There's one north of Nokomon in D9 that I see every couple trips through the area.

The weirdest part is when you sail through it, it stutter lags, and you'll get the ship running aground noise some of the time, but doesn't seem to cause damage.

We had this happen to us over the weekend when heading to GA ruins for the fountain. 2 of us had it while our third didnt. Freaked us out sailing through it. Made a bunch of noise like we were hitting land and throwing our boat all over the place

Im not well versed with server/client network tech, but SWIM has mentioned theres some issues involving your client to server communication. Something along the lines of how the server allows your client to dictate whats shown and what isnt. No clue if thats accurate but it seems to be a known bug for many players! I would suggest you have the player with the issue relog immediately as weve had a ship actually take damage and sink from this issue. As far as a long term fix weve had to verify and reinstall multiple times. Relogging seems to fix the issue temporarily. 

Today we have the same. I didnt see anything, but my crewmate saw island and wreckship

834910_screenshots_20190122215244_1[1].jpg

Edited by Nitex

The people that see those islands have probably low fortitude and suffer from a heatstroke.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nitex said:

Today we have the same. I didnt see anything, but my crewmate saw island and wreckship

834910_screenshots_20190122215244_1[1].jpg

Did your crewmate happen to see this in real form anywhere else during that days gaming?  I've noticed that when I do see these effects it is only after visiting a region with similar islands and it appears to cache that image when I load the next zone fro some reason.

i have video of this let me see if i can upload it. 

Im driving my brother is riding and filming

Edited by Pax

On 1/23/2019 at 5:17 PM, Vaenix said:

Did your crewmate happen to see this in real form anywhere else during that days gaming?  I've noticed that when I do see these effects it is only after visiting a region with similar islands and it appears to cache that image when I load the next zone fro some reason.

I don't think he saw this before. But yesterday I've seen mirage island with waterfalls, that never seen before. Island was In E10 and was visible from other island. I tried to get there by hook, it hit the ground, but when I try to step on the ground just go into textures. ship hit textures with sound but no damage received. Storm go through island, but ship and I don't get any damage from it, like I was near Island