darcek

PVE Lawless area situation:ARK Survival evolved

You needed to put PVE in your title, I assume thats what you are on so you cant destroy foundations like that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

You needed to put PVE in your title, I assume thats what you are on so you cant destroy foundations like that.

Vision of you spending 3 hours removing foundations to see  someone run out and slap down stone gates right in your face.

Well thought out.

• Like 2

So your solution is to prevent building on lawless?

The problem with posts like this is they complain without proposing a solution.

On PvE lawless, this happens, same thing happened in PvE Ark, PvE Conan, etc, any game where you could place foundations to grief.

No, the solution is maximum of 3 non-connected foundations per player per island.

Right now i fight a pillar war against a tribe with 1000 chinese... very funny. I keep you updated.

Edited by Talono
  • Haha 2

Implement prebuilt houses, one standard per Company.
If you want bigger / different you have to buy the BP for em for gold in like Freeport etc.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sullust said:

If you want bigger / different you have to buy the BP for em for gold in like Freeport etc.

I would welcome a similar change to the flags as well.  Upgrade through gold or something and have a max per player or company. 

I found 2 islands completely surrounded by large stone gates.  Ships have structure limits so players/companies having them isn't a stretch.

17 hours ago, Talono said:

The idea is not bad but i like free building

This is meant for the Lawless islands, so you cant spam pillars and Foundations around.
in the claiming area Islands you can free build since there is no Point for spam anything.

To be honest, on PVP at the moment lawless islands are better for single players and small tribes than claim islands. Claim islands can easily taken very fast by big tribes full of naked cannon fodder.

I placed just tons of pillars... really hundreds !  This really slowed the progress of the 1000 chinese tribe that i am fighting with down. They are like ants, the workers bring ammo, the officers shoot the guns. But it is still a huge effort to remove hundreds of stone pillars one by one 😂 

Its a big fun teasing them to death. 

What i have learned from ARK is, that it is pointless to discuss with the devs and present logical arguments to Mr.Jeremy Stieglitz. He just loves trolls, alpha tribes and streamers. And nothing can change his mind.

He will bring a Giganotosaurus who destroys stone and is stronger than 500 T-Rexes. Why ? Because he can.

And he opens up server travel for the Chinese Uber tribes, destroying all seevers through sheer mass instead of class.

If you face Wildcard you have to accept the rules of Wildcard and use gaps for yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i avoid lawless islands due to its so much clutter placed everywhere, i want to resupply other metals-fibers-wood but at some islands the coastline is so clutterd you cant squeeze a ship in and end up having to put it out in more open seas then intented , the decay needs to be more on ships in some areas as now its getting to the point people having 5+ ships parked at their base in lawless 

it does suck that is the only place alot can settle due to major of the islands are occupied by either major companies or just overhogging land ,we have to see what they do , numbers are slowly dwindling in the game and at one point we will see a wipe to bring back people just hope they fix the whole mess with claims and other things 

The only reason why ppl spam like that is that  they want prevent trolls from coming and building to close to your own buildings or keeping ressource spots free so no one can close them up just for their own...  I had it now already 4 times that i made space for ppl they told me to be very active and they will use the spot bla bla bla... okay its fine i like sharing thats not the point... after 2 days they where gone and the base was dead ! This happen to almost 75%  of all bases on lawless and thats why claiming is not rly a problem bcause there is a high fluctuation on those islands. U will always find a spot !!  Maybe not at ur very loved place but hey leran to make compromises and handle the enviroment.

Yeasterday i was looking for a nice spot on a desert island for having more access to recources and it took me only 30 min to find a nice spot and a abandoned base what was almost demo allowed, so we waited and tthan we took that place over and there was free space EVERYWHERE !! Another thing is that ppl could have the ability to communicate... If someone would contact me and ask me if i could share my land i would do it, no problem !! The only reason for the spam are fucking trolls who try to fuck u up and block ur building projects...

So if someone need nice neighbours or a nice ally.. we are still searching and u can use all our lands aswell 😉 feel free to pm me 🙂

• Like 1

This is true because the server population is decling from 56.000 players in the beginning to 15.000 players at the moment. So space to settle opens.

Atlas is not a bad game, if they change the mechanic to a more player friendly style this game could establish itself.

Example :

GOOD was nerfing wolves. Yes yes i know i could use the environment so they get stuck. Or lure them into the water. But not while you farm stuff and the wolf jumps you from behind killing you in 3 attacks. Also good : The ramshackle sloop. Sailing without beeing instant sunk or ship instant stolen by trolls.

BAD .. uhh endless list. But certainly the fountain mechanics. Can only be done through lag feast of 100 naked seniors rushing into the cave. Or an army of 100 musketeers in mastercraft metal.

Edited by Talono

Have the decay rate increase based on the number of pillars/foundations a company has. People would place less of them if they knew that everything they have could be destroyed if they don't login for one day.

22 hours ago, Sullust said:

I don’t know if I would trust them to pre build my base. Might have holes in it. Smh