Sign in to follow this  
Dappypally

Taxation too much?

I’ve been forced to live and build on lawless because I can’t find land (PVE) spent a long time looking for land or trying to find someone to trade land with. 

No luck whatsoever, tundra was far too hard so left that area, no I’ve found a chunk of beach where I’ve landed and started building ect. 

I personally think the taxation of 20% upwards is FAR too high... I honestly don’t understand how this is fair in any way shape or form..

Large companies dominated land within first week making it impossible to find non claimed land, put a bank on it and now it’s 30+ of everything you farm?

For example, 25% taxation.. farming fibre I’m getting 7 fibre per bush... 7.... they benefit massively from this. 

I really hope the developers see this and try balance it a lot more because it’s kind of silly and somewhat selfish to me...

They never earned their land so why should they benefit this much from it?

Yesterday I went to another island to farm fiber because what's on my island is crap.  I took a bear.  With the 2x bonus, I had 100,000 fiber in about 30 minutes and that's with the owner charging 30% tax.  On the island where I live, that would have taken me all day.

Was I happy to pay that tax?  You bet I was.

Yeah, noone is forcing you to farm where taxes are set.

20% is 1 in 5, you gather 5 of something, they take 1, deal with it or move on.

The taxation is honestly not that bad. It's not as if you are handing over insane amounts.
Just takes a little bit longer to get your total cap together, but not much

The taxation is a really cool idea to incentivize the large companies to share the land, and in many cases, they will defend that land. I would be more than happy to pay taxes on some land, but unfortunately I haven't really seen any large companies on pvp that are willing to let anyone live on their massive vacant claims. Another problem on pvp is that when your landlord loses their claim, the new landlord simply locks the claim and takes over your home forcing you to move. Great idea, but definitely needs some balancing and tweaks to be effective.

Edited by ViperGuyMike

For the people defending taxes, you either don´t own a bank or you are bluffing. We can build a fleet of ships via taxes only. Specially in these extra harvest periods.

And as our claims expand the income does as well.