Sign in to follow this  
Stabby

Can we please get more cobras?

I mean, their too OP, there are too many of them, they destroy property, glitch thru walls and into house and they kill every tamed creature they can/cant access. They are the fucking nemesis of my gameplay everywhere I go in this game. Just add 5000 cobras more per square inch and maybe you devs will achieve greatness. We love that. It is the best thing for player retention, trust me.

I would post of screenshot of 50+ cobras chasing a bird but my one and only screenshot in these forums has me capped.

• Haha 2

The problem is the way spawn mechanics work. In the morning I often see entire islands dominated by predators and sometimes that's Cobras. But it can also be Tiger/Lions or Wolfpacks. Running around on an Island with 25 Cobras after you...

And yes, they glitch through walls and can damage anything but stone. The rule is to build everything 2 floors up.

They are just about the only creature worth taming, and the irony is that we can't.  Imagine having 5 or 6 of those on Follow as bodyguards!     😄

Just had a lvl 222 Alpha Cobra attack my only base on claimed land. It decided to attack everything made of wood. I stayed inside for a minute to avoid getting zerged but althogh the outer walls are stone it still glitched through and attacked from under the stone floor. As I ran out to try distract it it ignored me even when i attacked it with my bow. It noticed me occationally and oneshot me before continuing its cruisade vs my modest houe. It proceeded by destroying my storage, smithy, and tannery inside my stone house and killing me everytme i spawned in my bed even though technically the Cobra was still outside. Tried my pistol but guess what it did 8 damage. Then it ate my bed. Maybe I'll sail up there in time before my hungry neighbours grab my claim. Maybe. All my gear is gone anyway.

Alphas are gods. You can technically kill them and I get they're supposed to be a rare extra strong example of their species but what is this godlike snake ffs

• Like 1

Alpha’s are a pain in the butt, everything else is fine, especially when you got some weaps going on. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 2

Only blueprints I find are fine thatch floors and the like. idc what durability% bonus that thach hut has tbh. But ofc i could do more treasure hunts once my friends are up for it while online. The times we did the maps didn't work and failed to show us the beacon though. Except that one time when we had leather armor and swords and shields and got wiped by skeletons in 1 minute. 

All in all, love the game but back on topic there's no reason why any creature should ignore walls and attack the inside of intact buildings. And Cobras are the worst, there's simply no excuse for their ingame behaviour or abilities.

Edited by moostiiq

23 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Alpha’s are a pain in the butt, everything else is fine, especially when you got some weaps going on. 

Since they nerfed the fire Arrows alphas totaly sux… firearrows to minium damage and the bow breaks after like 5 Arrows.... hilarious

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sullust said:

Since they nerfed the fire Arrows

they're have asked for it..

Alphas would be fine if. . .

1: They remove alpha birds, you can never hit those shits.
2: They remove the huge damage reduction alphas get.
3: They drop XP by about 75% to make up for the fact that alphas would be killable now due to the removed huge damage reduction.

Then they'd be rare golden age difficulty creatures off golden age islands.

Instead of face rape or fail tanky retards.

I refuse to call it Cobra, its still a Giant *&($& Snake

That said, they are super easy to kill with a bow, 3-5 head shots unless an alpha (then you need to be on top of a 3 floor building)

4 hours ago, moostiiq said:

Just had a lvl 222 Alpha Cobra attack my only base on claimed land. It decided to attack everything made of wood. I stayed inside for a minute to avoid getting zerged but althogh the outer walls are stone it still glitched through and attacked from under the stone floor. As I ran out to try distract it it ignored me even when i attacked it with my bow. It noticed me occationally and oneshot me before continuing its cruisade vs my modest houe. It proceeded by destroying my storage, smithy, and tannery inside my stone house and killing me everytme i spawned in my bed even though technically the Cobra was still outside. Tried my pistol but guess what it did 8 damage. Then it ate my bed. Maybe I'll sail up there in time before my hungry neighbours grab my claim. Maybe. All my gear is gone anyway.

Alphas are gods. You can technically kill them and I get they're supposed to be a rare extra strong example of their species but what is this godlike snake ffs

I wish I could say I never had this experience but I have. I've been killed by an alpha cobra multiple times only to have it start destroying my base out of spite. Even in a fantasy-ish game, this makes very little sense. Why would any predator attempt to face punch an empty house into smithereens? AND have it work?! What the actual hell possessed the devs to make this a thing? Mind boggling, really. 

6 hours ago, moostiiq said:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahhaa

Cobra parsed through foundations and killed all our tames while offline, for 2nd time now.  Going to try to keep animals on map-ground and not a structure to see if this helps.  If not then it's stilts way the heck into the air.  Needs to be fixed!