Beylerbeyi

foy Lets hear your ideas about age mechanic - FOY ?

Plain and simple , we should stop a bit and throw ideas against DEV TEAM instead of cursing.

What do you do about this Fountain of youth ? Age mechanic ? if you were the DEV .

i would :

1) Remove the FoY from golden age maps . Put it some another map. (now its like : naked lemming zerg going to slaugther)

2) Make it like treasure hunt. Every player has his personel FoY ! - or like grail , you follow the map and dig with shovel beat the bad guys and drink from fountain .

3) We age too fast , slow it - its 600 days ingame and we are 98 already 😂

(PS : i post a similar topic like this in the suggestion section for devs)

so what is your ideas about this ?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

You are right, aging is too fast. I like the idea of a personal treasure hunt. I would allow it to be shared with a company or alliance. so each player doesn't need to find his own fountain, but a company could work together to find one and all share in it glory. I think we should be able to use the fountain no matter what age we are. just because i'm only 78 doesn't mean I wouldn't like to become younger.

• Like 2

Still people open similar FoY topics but without any suggestion. Maybe we -players- cry so loud devs would not hear us. About rage quit we have topics , about devs sux yes same topics. We are here the development. Because we are playing this game. We have the prons and cons here, so let our voice to be hear . FoY is broken ? Not yet complete ? Premature ? I know , we all know it already. What will you suggest ?

thanks :pirate_mask: wish to more about your opinion. What was the best thing in your FoY advanture ?

(If you ask me , trying like 50 times and dying 50 different ways)

It would be nice if we could pursue the FoY without the debuff.  Maybe open it up to characters over 60?  70?  Rather than 90, when the debuff begins.  We also age too quickly.  Having to deal with a mechanic (required mechanic) by passing yourself on via child or FoY every 30 days is a bit cumbersome.  It's not fun.  90-120 days seems a lot more reasonable.  Also, make it soloable, or doable in a small group (that is 2-5 people).

• Like 3

foy can be on the golden age islands but imho the islands themselves need to be toned down.  The cyclops and gorgons are cool so the island doesn't also need massive amounts of snakes, lions, tigers, bears, bats,scorpions,rocks,arrows,ducks and geese lol.  Age-ing is way too fast imo.  Should be cut at least in half.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2019 at 5:10 AM, Skyroguen said:

You are right, aging is too fast. I like the idea of a personal treasure hunt. I would allow it to be shared with a company or alliance. so each player doesn't need to find his own fountain, but a company could work together to find one and all share in it glory. I think we should be able to use the fountain no matter what age we are. just because i'm only 78 doesn't mean I wouldn't like to become younger.

you can get younger at any age..... u just dont get the bonus buff if you get it before 90

11 minutes ago, Tobekan said:

It would be nice if we could pursue the FoY without the debuff.  Maybe open it up to characters over 60?  70?  Rather than 90, when the debuff begins.  We also age too quickly.  Having to deal with a mechanic (required mechanic) by passing yourself on via child or FoY every 30 days is a bit cumbersome.  It's not fun.  90-120 days seems a lot more reasonable.  Also, make it soloable, or doable in a small group (that is 2-5 people).

Aren't you supposed to die at 100 aswell(not enabled yet)? Doesnt give one a whole lot of room to continue stacking the FoY buff if you can only do it between age 90-100.

You need to find an old map and craft the legendary sextant out of 4 parts, acquired from high-level SoD, treasure maps (small chance), floatsam (tiny chance), or fishing (really tiny chance). The map will be like the treasure map but instead of pointing to treasure, it will show you the location at which you should use the sextant. When you reach there, you need to play a sextant minigame at increased difficulty and the last shooting star will show you the direction in which you need to sail. You sail there and when you reach the server the shooting star was pointing to, your map changes and now you need to play the minigame again. Do this 3 times and the map will show you where to dig up the key. The fountain is in one of those dungeons the devs are planning to add to the game. You finish the dungeon, kill the big bad boss, the fountain appears (if you have the key) and up to 6 people can drink from it. Then it vanishes.

There is only one fountain in game at a time. The key to the fountain is a normal item and can be looted, stolen, or lost. The sextant breaks after 12 uses.

Here, your adventure of lifetime. There should be no permanent stacking buff if the quest is any easier than this.

Edited by LaiTash
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4) Get rid of it entirely, let us define our character's age at character creation and it never changes thereafter.

I mean, really, what does the aging/fountain of youth ADD to the game? - I can tell you what it takes away; the ability to create a character that I can call my own. But I really can't see what it adds. A geriatric bum-rush for the fountain every couple of months of realtime* is definitely NOT something I have, or have ever had on my gaming wishlist.

If you're still gonna keep the fountain, then make it a way of recustomising your character's appearance instead; that seems worthy of questing for

* And let's clarify this is realtime. If I do the FOY, have a break, come back a couple months, whats the first thing I have to do again? - FoY... assuming my character hasn't died and lost everything due to the devs make some other dumb idea like permadeath above a certain age

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 2

The biggest joke is that my characker looks exactly the same when he is 20 or when he is 98 years old lmao

What when I quit the game for 3 montsh because I can't login? (military for example) Then my whole game is fucked up. Worst game mechanic ever to be honest.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 5:53 AM, Beylerbeyi said:

Plain and simple , we should stop a bit and throw ideas against DEV TEAM instead of cursing.

What do you do about this Fountain of youth ? Age mechanic ? if you were the DEV .

i would :

1) Remove the FoY from golden age maps . Put it some another map. (now its like : naked lemming zerg going to slaugther)

2) Make it like treasure hunt. Every player has his personel FoY ! - or like grail , you follow the map and dig with shovel beat the bad guys and drink from fountain .

3) We age too fast , slow it - its 600 days ingame and we are 98 already 😂

(PS : i post a similar topic like this in the suggestion section for devs)

so what is your ideas about this ?

This sounds like a great idea!  This turns it into a personal quest which would be a lot more fun than the crap they have now.  Not only would this potentially lead to players out sailing and making discoveries, it would probably lead to meeting new people along the way.

Where I see this fail is on a PVP server.  If the location of your personal fountain just happened to be inside a building, inside a fortress on an island with the largest company on the server and they don't like you much, you'd be screwed.  Furthermore, this could have problems on PVE servers should you be given the quest location and before you get there, someone builds a structure on it.

And that's why I'm assuming, they put the FOY on the golden age islands where nothing can be built.  Having the FOY on those islands isn't the bad idea. Having ONE across all servers and having this ONE guarded by mobs that no solo could even think about killing is a bad idea.

• Like 2

The problem with this is that Treasure maps, largely by necessity (And FoY too if done that way) actually appear at pre-defined locations, to make sure you don't get dud locations that are under terrain geometry or stuff. This also means that if someone builds over the top of it, it's rendered inaccessible; this is already a problem on PvE especially, and if it were linked to such a crucial mechanic as the FoY you can be sure there'll be trolls out there who deliberately block access.

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 1

They build another booby trap with this crap and the consequences in gameplay are a mess and the lost control over it.

Cause this is about grapeshots behavior: Johann Wolfgang von Goethe: The Sorcerer's Apprentice

sadly i think the sorcerer has left 😞

Edited by Charles U Farley
  • Haha 1

Scrap it.

Think carefully now, why do we need this forced chore? What does it bring the game? It just gets in the way of OUR choice.

We don't need to be pigeon holed into a pretty much forced quest.

The game is good without it. Make age a slider in the character creator, and take it no further.

• Like 1

Just now, Adfax said:

Scrap it.

Think carefully now, why do we need this forced chore? What does it bring the game? It just gets in the way of OUR choice.

We don't need to be pigeon holed into a pretty much forced quest.

The game is good without it. Make age a slider in the character creator, and take it no further.

They need to change it so it has pure advantage. Like 20 years a month, but also a maximum of 20 years you can get younger. So then it’s all in your own hands. 

• Like 2

I whole heartedly approve of the age mechanic. As it is now, there is no way to deal with people that quit the game and yet sleep in a claimed zone. When the age mechanic is full implemented, this could result in a monthly rollover of quit-ing players. Eventually when player breeding is brought into play, the naked run at a FoY will not be needed unless your wanting to maintain the buff. My memory is hazy, but i believe there was something similar buff wise planned for bloodlines. In any case, i am definitely in favor of the age mechanic. If i did have one minor issue, it would be to slow down aging by a small amount, maybe make it so we age at .5x-.75x the current rate

12 hours ago, RyuujinZERO said:

The problem with this is that Treasure maps, largely by necessity (And FoY too if done that way) actually appear at pre-defined locations, to make sure you don't get dud locations that are under terrain geometry or stuff. This also means that if someone builds over the top of it, it's rendered inaccessible; this is already a problem on PvE especially, and if it were linked to such a crucial mechanic as the FoY you can be sure there'll be trolls out there who deliberately block access.

Blocking access is a really bad idea for those players, as the army still spawn when your close enough to the map location. Which means the army spawns within their building. Just make it so the said army do massively increased damage against structures and this concern wont be a problem

• Like 1

Sounds simple workable and fun .a character should  last about 6 months not 6 days .if characters age so should tames  they need to become old fragile slow as well .I also lIke the idea of the foy quest  being a solo quest only  maybe the devs should  consider making  more solo quests with one off weapons  equipment  ships  perks as rewards

• Like 1

A character should never age because it doesn't add anything interesting to the game.. Literally nothing

Remove age altogether.

I challenge any of you to tell me anything age actually brings to the core of the game; go ahead. You'll soon realize you're asking for a rework on a mechanic that is utterly meaningless, and provides nothing to the game. All it brings is annoyance and ugliness. Why would i want that over just enjoying the game?

10 hours ago, Percieval said:

They need to change it so it has pure advantage. Like 20 years a month, but also a maximum of 20 years you can get younger. So then it’s all in your own hands. 

Why though?

Actually tell me why you think this brings anything to the game? You're asking for reworks on a mechanic that only makes the game worse in whatever form.

The best place for age is in the character creator.. It doesn't belong in the game.. I can't be bothered to deal with it over and over, and i'll just end up quitting if it is left it. It is a boring pointless hassle.

Edited by Tina Toothpick
  • Like 2

Option two. You found a bottle whit 0.50% possibility of fount map location. Easy And funny.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gorion said:

Option two. You found a bottle whit 0.50% possibility of fount map location. Easy And funny.

God no. That would be even worse than the current implementation... Of course, i should be assuming you're not serious.

• Like 1

I vote to keep foy mechanic as is. What needs to be fixed is the server crushing under large amount of users connected, all the technical bugs giving people with bad internet connection or low settings and also nerf Sod attacking helpless people coming from other zone with gun less ships. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, darcek said:

I vote to keep foy mechanic as is. What needs to be fixed is the server crushing under large amount of users connected, all the technical bugs giving people with bad internet connection or low settings and also nerf Sod attacking helpless people coming from other zone with gun less ships. 

Please explain why you'd keep it as is? I just can't believe someone actually thinks that..

Are you a dev in disguise? Are you being paid?

You want to keep the fountain a naked run through a cave that is blocked 90% of the time. Surrounded by enemies that fire homing attacks with an absurd agro radius? Resulting in having to rerun the cave sometimes in the 100s of times for some people (most giving up). All the while your character is held to ransom by a debuff, and potential perma death in the future?

On top of that, it changes locations, and no one has figured out a solid time or pattern. .So you might just end up sailing for hours only to end up in the wrong place.

Are you trying to kill this game, or are you just trolling? 

Edited by Tina Toothpick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1