Sign in to follow this  
sand man

Devs, please add offline Single player option

3 minutes ago, krazmuze said:

the map editor comes with couple small maps and the entire map.   It has not been updated with the latest lawless change but if you join ASC discord you can get the update, or download the mod dev kit which is updated.    If you have room left on your PC you do not even need a dedicated server, ASC lets you have 1-9 grids open  - the entire point was running it on average hardware even alongside your game.  Your  only issue will be dealing with IP/router/ISP - ASC does not document that part as that is not any different than any  other game.  He just  tells you what the ports he is using in the batch files he generates.   So yes it is not as easy as ARK SP as you need to set it up and fiddle with it, but it does in fact work.   Why devs released mod kit without making setup pushbutton as in ARK is beyond me because you need a private server if you are going to mod.

What is this ASC you are talking about?

If the Atlas dev kit is anything like the ARK dev kit, it does not run on average hardware. I tried to run it on my PC, it really needs 32 GB of ram, and mine has just 16 GB, which is pretty average.

ASC 'Atlas Server Controller' thread was linked in this thread.  16gB certainly not with nine grid plus game, but easy with current/freeport grid open and if you need you can run game with low mem option.  There are people on ASC discord doing 16GB. Six grids plus game plus a bunch of chrome windows it can get tight in 32GB - I have had a couple crashes. The map editor does not require the dev kit that is just where you grab the latest map file.  The map editor itself is lightweight, it purely is just a graphical parameter editor so you can drag/drop islands and settings rather than hacking up the .json text file to do the same.  The only thing it is used for is to export the map to your servers with your IP/port settings, although once you have it you could make your own maps you do not need devkit as you are not modding you are just rearranging.

Edited by krazmuze