Sign in to follow this  
sand man

Devs, please add offline Single player option

So many people are put off from buying your game because it MP only, with all of the Griefing, Toxic players and all your stuff being destroyed when your offline, its a major putt off. A single player option would allow players to build bases, ships and have NPCs as your crew, then sail out to explore and fight AI without all of the MP hassel. A game like this , i would pay £60 all day long as would many others ! Devs please give me feedback on this subject because there are many people that would love this option in game. Thankyou.

• Like 7

Yes I agree with you although I do enjoy coming across human players that is the problem. I play solo but if I see another guy/girl in trouble I will tend to jump in and help, that's just me though. If they reduced the amount of ghost ships and toned down the damage/detection range on animals I will be very happy. I really hope they add NPC to repair ships whilst your sailing, this will help very much if you get caught by ghost ships.

Griefing and toxicity is far less on unofficial servers. Do any of that stuff on the PVE grids of most moderated servers and you are banned.

The server I currently play on even disabled aging. You won't have to do that horrible fountain quest on that server.

Edited by kolpo
  • Like 2

It's a difficult question to answer...  Offline mode... would be interesting.. but, the architecture of the game just appears to make it highly unlikely.  Think of how many servers are powering the Atlas game world.   There's many dozens.  There is no one map to load, Ark etc just loads a game map, and seeds everything to it.. in atlas you have regions, poles, different climates, latitudes...  Too much for an offline mode unless they sort of dynamically load a pre made world against where you are.

It's too fun to play with friends.   It'll be hell trying to program Atlas to be multiplayer and give the full world map experience...

Long answer, I just have no idea.  I rented a server...... for testing it's ok, but ONE grid costing 9 euros or whatever it is just isn't fun, you need atleast a 4x4 world map otherwise it's to restrictive.  Official is the only place that gives the full menu.  They do need to sort out the hackers on PvP and trolling. 

in a single player environment you wouldn't need to run every map. just the one map the player is currently in. you could potentially have the whole world available. but that would be a hell of a footprint on the ole hard drive.

Or you could embrace that it’s a multiplayer experience at its core? Try to find a group of like minded people, play PvE. 

This game was never intended to be a single player experience. This is like asking for a single player Eve Online...

1 hour ago, Endo Fett said:

Or you could embrace that it’s a multiplayer experience at its core? Try to find a group of like minded people, play PvE. 

This game was never intended to be a single player experience. This is like asking for a single player Eve Online...

Ark is a MMO and thats got Single player which is very popular with players !! so no your wrong.

This game will sell tons more if SP was added, everyone will be happy and Reviews would be more positive.

On 1/21/2019 at 6:05 AM, sand man said:

So many people are put off from buying your game because it MP only, with all of the Griefing, Toxic players and all your stuff being destroyed when your offline, its a major putt off. A single player option would allow players to build bases, ships and have NPCs as your crew, then sail out to explore and fight AI without all of the MP hassel. A game like this , i would pay £60 all day long as would many others ! Devs please give me feedback on this subject because there are many people that would love this option in game. Thankyou.

This being a skin of Ark, its not gonna happen. FYI, as suggested you can host your own server and play there (same as offline). I did this for quite some time on Ark, infact I had friends play on my server.

1 minute ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

This being a skin of Ark, its not gonna happen. FYI, as suggested you can host your own server and play there (same as offline). I did this for quite some time on Ark, infact I had friends play on my server.

Your soo wrong, it happened in Ark so why not with Atlas ?????

I wouldn't mind a solo option at all, it was what I was hoping for when I got the game. I think a good majority of the other players are more or less decent, it's that 1% that seems to have nothing better to do than go around and try and ruin everyone else's experience. I haven't encountered any yet personally, but I know they're out there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sand man said:

Your soo wrong, it happened in Ark so why not with Atlas ?????

Simple answer, because it's not ARK.  Somethings work well in single player, others don't. I could be wrong, n thr future they my implement it, but right now it would be pointless and imho a waste of resources. IF they haven't even got the main game up to scratch, how are people going to ask them to divert time to making it work for single player? 

Said it in another thread, im all up for suggestions, but when poeple ask for a game to divert it attention to something else and make it into something it's not. that will harm the game than help

• Like 1

Its single player now if you want it to be, just create a company and you're a 1 man band. If they lower ghost ships ill be happy

• Confused 1

After the stone wall changes its seems like the Devs are trying to remove solo players and small groups...........why ?

run a server on your machine log into it , there ya go single player 

15 x 15 grid is not possible in single player in this game 

rent a server or set up a single grid for your self to play on on your own machine 

answering yor well it happened in ark , ark was a couple of single maps that were not linked , in the way atlas is 

see my answers above there are plenty of guides in the forums even my 8 year old can set up the server and play on it 

Edited by UDO

You can run the whole thing on a relatively decent PC, this guy has devised a program to only open grids (or those around it) when the player is present. Very simple to set up. So there are already ppl playing offline with friends on LAN or alone.

It's only a matter of time before the devs get this set up so you can simply access it from the start menu. Ark didn't have the local buttons at the beginning either.

Edited by FruitBatCat
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, FruitBatCat said:

You can run the whole thing on a relatively decent PC, this guy has devised a program to only open grids (or those around it) when the player is present. Very simple to set up. So there are already ppl playing offline with friends on LAN or alone.

It's only a matter of time before the devs get this set up so you can simply access it from the start menu. Ark didn't have the local buttons at the beginning either.

This is great news,,at last some hope.

On 1/24/2019 at 11:56 AM, UDO said:

run a server on your machine log into it , there ya go single player 

15 x 15 grid is not possible in single player in this game 

rent a server or set up a single grid for your self to play on on your own machine 

answering yor well it happened in ark , ark was a couple of single maps that were not linked , in the way atlas is 

see my answers above there are plenty of guides in the forums even my 8 year old can set up the server and play on it 

You can't actually run a server on your machine an log into it. The game does not allow login from the same subnet, so in other words, no LAN mode.

You can rent a server, but that is beyond the technical abilities of many players, because that is just step one of many things you need to do before you have your own server functioning (one of the things is that you need to make the map using a tool provided by Grapeshot).

Ya, but have you or your 8 year old actually tried to set on up? There are reasons everyone is not doing this.

I completely agree with this.  I think it would work out just as well as it does in ARK, and I love doing single player on ARK.

On 1/25/2019 at 3:56 PM, wildbill said:

You can't actually run a server on your machine an log into it. The game does not allow login from the same subnet, so in other words, no LAN mode.

You can rent a server, but that is beyond the technical abilities of many players, because that is just step one of many things you need to do before you have your own server functioning (one of the things is that you need to make the map using a tool provided by Grapeshot).

Ya, but have you or your 8 year old actually tried to set on up? There are reasons everyone is not doing this.

That is the entire purpose of why the guy wrote Ark Server Controller - no map making as you use the exact same 15x15 map and you can choose how many surrounding and home servers to keep open.  Just change to your external or internal IP, set your ports and it generates the modified .json and .bat files.   Only downside is treasure maps only spawn for open servers, though that might get fixed with a mod.

The entire map works on the LAN or on your game PC just fine for solo or coop play using internal or external IP    Yes you do have issues of usual game port settings on routers/ISP that apply to any game server - so if you are not comfortable with that or you ISP/router disallows it then you will have to wait for the singleplayer/coop button to be added like it was to ARK PC/XBOX.   

If you do use internal IP because your ISP does not allow you to use IPs for external server access, the workaround is you have to add logon servers to steams server list  to be able to join from Atlas or steam.  The redirect from home server only works with external IP as does the Atlas server finder.  You could also just use the minor workaround to bed teleport to freeport home server to logout if you use internal IP.

For those having trouble getting custom dedicated servers working see this  useful guide.  I personally found ASC setup easier than this guide, but there is some good IP trouble shooting in it.

Edited by krazmuze

On 1/21/2019 at 12:26 PM, Rapier2012 said:

Could always run your own server, the files are available.

Yes but in single player can have all map just for ur self and build where u want and noone destroy ur hardwork. In rented server u must pay again to play the same game