Cantore

Players asleep on ships contesting flags, when it's not their land, and they have not placed a flag down???

Hi devs,

I have been trying to get contest some land, but there are 2 ships parked on the shore near our base that haven't moved in 2 days. When we place the flag down to capture the land, the only contesting players are those sleeping on these 2 parked boats. They haven't placed a flag to contest. They aren't even ONLINE. It's not their land. WHY are they contesting ANYTHING when they're asleep and it's not their land?

• Thanks 1

Add to that on some islands there are schooners with sleepers who haven't twitched for quite few days making contesting impossible.

There seem to be 2 major issues and it´s not so much about contesting in an anchored ship.

1. Sleeper never go off, we know several places now where players have been off for 2 weeks+, yet you can touch the claim.

2. Ship decay for anchored ships depending on location if often close to 0. Meaning same said gone people contest claims as sleepers.

3. Same ships slowly build up and just become more and more. Even rafts that never goes away. Specially if they used docking facilities inside your claim or simply filled up the beach line it becomes messy real fast.

Edited by Shintai

8 minutes ago, Shintai said:

There seem to be 2 major issues and it´s not so much about contesting in an anchored ship.

1. Sleeper never go off, we know several places now where players have been off for 2 weeks+, yet you can touch the claim.

2. Ship decay for anchored ships depending on location if often close to 0. Meaning same said gone people contest claims as sleepers.

3. Same ships slowly build up and just become more and more. Even rafts that never goes away. Specially if they used docking facilities inside your claim or simply filled up the beach line it becomes messy real fast.

Actually raft can be claimed (after tone of time) and dismantled. Been there, did it. Sloops unfortunately not (even if no sleeper on board). 

Es reicht schon wenn ein Schiff mit einem NPC drauf ist, das heißt, es wird automatisch, und wenn genug Material darauf ist, dann dauert es auch seine Zeit

It is enough if a ship with an NPC is on it the ship Squassate, which in turn repairs it automatically, and if there is enough material on it, then it also takes its time

Edited by Samsonetty

Needs to be max 10 days logged off your sleeping body is removed 

I'm getting annoyed at tropical area I'm In neighbors havnt logged In For weeks 

They built Giant gates blocking acess to beach unless u make a 15 trip around 

Yet cant claim as they have logged out sleepers , 

10 days sleepers removed from server 

Edited by uli

Just be patient, im sure it will be patched somehow, I do have a similar situation at the moment.

5 hours ago, Elrood said:

Actually raft can be claimed (after tone of time) and dismantled. Been there, did it. Sloops unfortunately not (even if no sleeper on board). 

WE CLAIM ONE SLOOP WITH SUCCES, BUT WE CANT USE IT, is our ship but all station smitty, fire, etc is owned by the old company, we cant sail we cant move we cant destroy that sloop

Hmmm, I was unable to claim sloop. Maybe not enough time went by. 

As for what can you do with it, its the same with rafts. You can only dismantle it. But thats enough for clearing rubbish from your environment.

On EU PvE my brother managed to claim a sloop which had been there for ages. The sloop still contains 2 sleeping players in it which we did not realise before claiming it. However, we can do nothing with the sloop, not even scuttle it. At most we can raise the anchor and let it decay and sink.

10 minutes ago, Fefu said:

On EU PvE my brother managed to claim a sloop which had been there for ages. The sloop still contains 2 sleeping players in it which we did not realise before claiming it. However, we can do nothing with the sloop, not even scuttle it. At most we can raise the anchor and let it decay and sink.

If it's your ship now just sink it with weight or players. That's best thing to do. It's not classed as greifing because you it's technically your ship now 🙂

• Haha 1