Sign in to follow this  
Prim744

Full Map ?

Is anyone working on a Mod to run the full map on a single server ?

Or atleast a bigger map  -Have 2x Servers on 2x Grid map which is a waste of money serving hosting wise

Can ask multiple people hosting server to put them together? Need 25xPCs with 3x3 grids basicly

Dont know if that would work

Edited by Knivet

It only opens the four grids around you for the host - hence if that person isn’t playing , it doesn’t work unfortunately 

Well i think some people have made maps that are 2x2 and all biomes and in reality that is all that matters.

The way it works now you basically need a server per and even if going a bigger zone,you then need more servers pER.

Some providers will already allow you to enlarge a zone/map so you could put more inside of it but you need to pay for more servers.If i consider running a server,i would go the 2x2 route all biomes and simply copy it from someone who has it.I actually started working on a map like that but was getting real crowded,you need to aim for the smaller islands and set their properties.

I feel some people get too carried away with server size,i spend days/weeks on just one grid maybe two and could just rotate from one to the other and still have tons of play time.So a 2x2 if 7 isles per that is 28 isles,i am sure that about  covers all biomes but you could edit  each and do it with less isles.If evn 6 isles over 4 grids,man that is 24 isles that is a TON of room,that can EASILY support 100 players,that is like 5 players per island pfft ,tons of room.

Edited by zubov56

To be honest,i would happy playing with just 2 zones or whatever we call them..grids and around 14 isles,i could game everyday on that amount of space.Imo it is nice to have real player neighbours in game,if i had 10 players per island over 14 maps,that is a 140 players,There is no server with that amount of players right now.Point being even 2 grids is plenty but yeah takes some editing to get it all in.