Sign in to follow this  
Mushu

- Fixed ability of players to feed through walls of taming pens and not get attacked.

- Fixed ability of players to feed through walls of taming pens and not get attacked.

This was the wording used in the patch notes and I am assuming was never fully tested as now you cannot feed the animal UNLESS you get attacked. I have wasted 3 hours trying to tame an elephant using a taming pen and I could not feed it no matter what I did. The ONLY way it would eat is if it hit me and I hit E before it launched me halfway across the base. You can no longer tame UNLESS you are attacked when using a taming pen. Taming pens are a staple in this type of game for smaller groups and especially solo players. Tames shouldn't be this hard. Between the gun reload time, the MASSIVE amount of arrows consumed while taming(not to mention the bolas) we now need to tame without a pen, deal with OP alpha animals eating our tame at any moment, running for our lives to avoid being attacked while trying to bola, then make sure you have enough health when you do FINALLY bola it to feed it........

Please allow doorways to be fed through again. I don't mind taking damage through them, in fact when I tamed pre changes I never had an animal throw a fit. they were always docile with the occasional love tap when I came into their view. I was aways at the right angle which was slightly out of view of the animal. For the elephant, it happened to be right behind the ear. I tamed and traded a dozen elephants now and this patch made me give up the venture. it is not worth my time anymore. I'll go hit rocks for 30 minutes to farm metal and pay for the things I need. Congratulations, you just turned your decent game into a job....

Taming is not supposed to be this complicated.

This sounds like your not in the right position. They changed the location of the feed sounds liek the reason you can feed it some times is when he moves his head you can see and are close to the correct position to feed him.