Sign in to follow this  
Khitsune

Taming elephants impossible now

I always tamed for my Company. After the last patch, even being inside the pan with the elephant, you press E and nothing.... Its Bulls**it. So many things to fix in game and they nerf weapons and taming ("E" doesnt work and the taming pens don't work anymore because you cant feed through walls).  I would like to see a video of a Developer taming an elephant, perhaps we would "learn" how he thinks we should do it.

my tamer is literally taming a level 24 right now inside a taming pit, then again, we also get inside the pit with it and feed it, so I guess I dunno what you mean by "feed through walls"

Edited by Asanna
  • Like 1

My company and i tamed 3 or 4 elephants for ppl that wanted to buy some, didnt have any issues besides you have actually be close to the mouth now to feed them instead of being in the middle of the body or shove it up their butt now, so their is more risk of either death or being hurt alot but then again i always have my monkey on my shoulder for the healing buff they give

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adroth said:

My company and i tamed 3 or 4 elephants for ppl that wanted to buy some, didnt have any issues besides you have actually be close to the mouth now to feed them instead of being in the middle of the body or shove it up their butt now, so their is more risk of either death or being hurt alot but then again i always have my monkey on my shoulder for the healing buff they give

yeah,  my guy was at the tummy line right under his face, and got hit a couple times if he got too close, but from the stomach he had the ability to reach the mouth barely. 

The issue I'm running into, is that if head of the elephant sticks through the  wall of the pen at all, you can't feed it, even from inside the pen with it.  I was trying to tame one earlier, and it did the low-health run-away as I was bola-ing it. It went down with its head about 2/3 through the wall. Outside the pen, you get a press E to feed...and nothing happens.  Inside the pen with it, there's a TINY spot right against the wall I would get press E to feed...and nothing would happen then, either. You just have to hope that it goes down in the center of the pit, without its head sticking into a wall.

Was doorway feeding really that overpowered? You would still get hit, but had a clear indication of where to feed, plus, now, cobras happily wander in through any doorway or window and eat you, and your tame, and your children.

• Like 1

Wow. Is that what it is?  They don't want us to make traps?  That is too ridiculous to be true. Our traps are doorway-no wall-doorway-no wall, all 4 sides and we STILL cannot feed elephants. We get the "Press E to feed Wheatgrass" but pressing E does absolutely nothing.

Edited by Omen

On 1/20/2019 at 7:46 PM, MeatSammich said:

Was doorway feeding really that overpowered? You would still get hit, but had a clear indication of where to feed, plus, now, cobras happily wander in through any doorway or window and eat you, and your tame, and your children.

SAVE THE CHILDREN!!!