Bowtie

Company in K11 Na PvE using pillars to sink passing ships! Need GM action please!

3 hours ago, Herasea said:

No because there have been occasions people being banned for being straight out racist or cheating I know this as Many have come here to complain, even some admitting they were racist and it's their free speech lol

If the OP can wrangle some screenshots together or a vid, i'm sure they will be banned.

I hope they do.  Games must have rules, and those rules must be enforced fairly, but firmly because if they aren't, the rule breakers run roughshod, and ruin the game.  The bar must be set high.  People will only typically rise to the bar that is set for them.

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow

Sounds like they want to pvp, devs should swap their characters into pvp servers and lock them out of pve, let them grief in an environment where they have nothing to hide behind.

• Like 2

On 1/22/2019 at 2:59 AM, Bowtie said:

Your forum? Lie. Pride.

Stop crying so much? Wrath. Heartlessness.

My God...? Name taken in vain.

Easy resources? Theft. Sloth. 

Promote others committing crimes? Unlawful. Ungodly.

There is just so much wrong with you. Leave that in the PvP server where it belongs.

Don't bring religion into this and act like its some sort of moral rule set. 3,000 or more deities in world religion, which work of fiction are you referencing anyways?

Edited by trqfreak350
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Again, a failing of the devs both in code, and enforcement.  Seriously, this is why unofficial servers are usually better.  They tell you not to do something, so you don't, or the admins will deal with it.  In the case of the things you noted, they should, and could make areas that have special resource nodes, a no build zone.  Like, you can't build within a certain distance of metal nodes, or gem, or crystal, etc...  Other resources, such as Trees, rocks, etc..., are common and everywhere, so those would not block a building.   On PvE, you should be told not to try to circumvent this by encircling the area with structures, just outside the no-build zone.  On PvP, they might allow that, as you would have the ability to knock those things down.  Or, in both PvP and PvE, you could go over them with grapples and picks, but at least the resources are there, since you can't block their spawn, and you could not build a roof over them because no foundations or pillars.

At the same time, the Devs should state, clearly, what is and is not allowed, and then enforce the rules they state.  If appropriate, one warning for offenses that may seem gray area, but for many, there does not need to be a warning.  You don't need a warning not to try to sink other people's ships in PvE.  You know it's not allowed, so if you do it..no warning...just a ban.  People will do what the Devs let them get away with.  Look, in American Football, nothing is stopping you from grabbing the other guy's facemask...nothing except the rules, and the Refs to enforce the rules.  Players rarely do it, and usually when they do, it wasn't their intention.  Why?  Simple...the refs strictly enforce that rule.  If they did not, players would do it almost every play.

I agree fully with everything you're saying although I doubt there will ever be a written set of rules for the official servers. They might come out from time to time and declare a specific thing is against the rules but if Ark is anything to go by, pretty much anything short of hacking or obvious exploiting will probably be allowed.

1 hour ago, Maar said:

Don't you think any Admin worthy of the title would be able to investigate the claim and make a decision based on the evidence?

I took a shit, and flushed it. It must not have happened because I can't point to the proof that it happened... 

Not in my experience.  As a different kind of Administrator (Corporate Network) for almost 20 years I was not allowed to be "buttonholed" (verbally asked) to fix something without a ticket to bill my time and any required parts or outside service calls against.

Able? Yes.

Have enough time to be interrupted from scheduled tasks?  Probably not.

Allowed to by the Bean Counters tasked with keeping the department within budget?  I'm laughing so hard I may crap myself 😄

11 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

I agree fully with everything you're saying although I doubt there will ever be a written set of rules for the official servers. They might come out from time to time and declare a specific thing is against the rules but if Ark is anything to go by, pretty much anything short of hacking or obvious exploiting will probably be allowed.

This is where people must vote with their feet, and their money.  You could demand a refund, even now.  You state that you are trying to play PvE, but the Devs are allowing players to use exploits to do PvP actions, and that they also do not adequately address the exploit problems in the code.  Their lack of rules against these PvP exploits would give you all the ammunition you need to demand a refund.

As I said, people rise to the bar set for them, and the Devs are no different.  If games allow them to not enforce a no-exploit policy, they will not enforce it because that does take time and effort to do.  They might even have to hire a community manager...shock...gasp.

I think they should be banned as well. It has to be against the rules to ram other peoples pillars with your ships.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

I think they should be banned as well. It has to be against the rules to ram other peoples pillars with your ships.

It's a lot of hard work to build those pillars, and carefully place them! 🙂

Pillars > Ships

We need a #pillarsfirst movement

Edited by Maar
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Just pointing out it all depends on who complains first.

Funny, but no.  The act of putting pillars in an area where you know ships will hit them, ripping out the bottom of the ship, is simply not cool, especially on PvE.  On PvP, it could cause retaliation, but at least people can actually retaliate, and even destroy the offending pillars.  On PvE, they should be a ToS violation  No need for them, other than to be an A-hole.

ARK PvE was a toxic mess...and I see this has not changed for Atlas.  This is why sane PvE players would play on a stable PvE unofficial server.  There, the Admins would not put up with such nonsense.  Yes, there is a risk of losing everything but that risk is very minimal if you find a stable community.  They are out there.  I guess you choose your poison.  I would rather enjoy myself, and have to start all over, than deal with the toxic frustration on official PvE.  Too many nutjobs there, and not enough policing to deal with them.

DMF is at it again.  West side of K11, they're pillaring the harbor and dropping dozens of rafts to try and block in  an entire company.

Edited by Khaler

On 1/21/2019 at 8:59 PM, Quilleute said:

😪 most nonsense reply ever ... please report , it’s the only thing you can do 

Actually, it isn't...everyone expects GM/dev action when the only way to deal with griefers is to grief them back. I had a claim that was only one person in it. They were part of an alliance but had not been active for 3 weeks. I could have taken their claim but they were asleep on board their ship. So what do I do? I overload their ship, sink it, and kill them. Now I throw up my flag. Alliance leader comes over, who owns half the claims on the island mind you and I guess feels like a super cop, and tells me if I start sinking ships of their allies that we are going to have a problem. Ok, want to come to sink my ship by overloading it? Fine, I will go on a shipbuilding hiatus and sink 2 ships of your for every 1 of mine you do. He paused and asked why we did it, I explained to get rid of a 3 week corpse so I could take the land, he kindly pissed off. Stop asking devs to deal with problems for you, stop asking them to remove ways to deal with them and just to deal with them. See someone throwing up pillars, slap a damn buoy near them warning ships passing by. Blockade their coastal claims with a shit ton of sloops...grief them back too. It is the response they don't expect and usually will end up getting bored and quit playing. The more you complain about them and beg for change the more you enable them to keep doing what they are doing.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2019 at 9:34 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Funny, but no.  The act of putting pillars in an area where you know ships will hit them, ripping out the bottom of the ship, is simply not cool, especially on PvE.  On PvP, it could cause retaliation, but at least people can actually retaliate, and even destroy the offending pillars.  On PvE, they should be a ToS violation  No need for them, other than to be an A-hole.

ARK PvE was a toxic mess...and I see this has not changed for Atlas.  This is why sane PvE players would play on a stable PvE unofficial server.  There, the Admins would not put up with such nonsense.  Yes, there is a risk of losing everything but that risk is very minimal if you find a stable community.  They are out there.  I guess you choose your poison.  I would rather enjoy myself, and have to start all over, than deal with the toxic frustration on official PvE.  Too many nutjobs there, and not enough policing to deal with them.

I have been considering the vision of a floating castle in the sea. The effort would be immense to say the least, but the proof of concept is sound I think. I would have to assume a boat that would ram my castle, would take vast amounts of damage.

Just a few things. Building pillars in the sea strikes me as something allowable. Your lack of navigation, although completely understandable, does not make what they did a bannable offense. I completely understand hacking and using exploits like a gun through a stone wall, but this is not that. Also, not to be elitist, but if you feel that PvE is, was, and always will be broken, yet you chose that over PvP,  who's really at blame?

I sympathize with you, but you simply got out-worked by someone using systems that are working as intended. What would your work around be? No damage to boats that ram things? Structures can't be built in water? Ban people who beat you? Why could you not build pillars around them? Perhaps ask to join them?

glad these guys were punished. They stopped by our island today to drop down a single foundation and bed for what i'm sure the sole purpose was to block resource spawns.

Edited by AtlasRyan

From what we can see they weren't punished.   They're actively pillaring the K11 harbor again, and have now put many dozens of rafts around other company's ships.   For some strange reason they also dropped 100+ buoys in the area, I guess just to cause lag since they're a non-collision object.

Sea rakes are one of the rare ways to properly defend against offline raiders. Not an exploit. If you were actually paying attention while sailing near islands you wouldnt have an issue losing ships to them. Easy enough to shoot a few cannon balls to carve out a path through them if you really need to get through

Edited by Bad News Bear

On 1/24/2019 at 4:34 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Problem with unofficial in atlas you do not get the same feeling as official. The huge grid you get you will not see in unofficial.

Hopefully it is/will be possible to bind unofficial servers so a lot of small servers can give a huge grid.  But then you will see different gathering numbers. 1 use 1,5 the other grid use 6,0 etc...

I think it will not be a real alternative

This has happened on our grid as well J8 lawless. They have pillars going way out to stop you getting to land.

They've also used thatch walls across top of water to block it off but mainly its random posts in water.

5 hours ago, awakatanka said:

Problem with unofficial in atlas you do not get the same feeling as official. The huge grid you get you will not see in unofficial.

Hopefully it is/will be possible to bind unofficial servers so a lot of small servers can give a huge grid.  But then you will see different gathering numbers. 1 use 1,5 the other grid use 6,0 etc...

I think it will not be a real alternative

In unofficial, the Companies are smaller, usually, and the maps feel big enough, considering that.  I joined an official Company, at the request of a friend.  The lag was real.  Like OMG real.  No thanks.  I will take the smaller companies and better performance on the 5x5 we are on.

Wow thank you for the warning I went through K11 a week ago and people were fighting but I try to stay out of fights. I was about to head back there today but I will make sure to avoid them now. Thank you again for the warning @Bowtie