Bowtie

Company in K11 Na PvE using pillars to sink passing ships! Need GM action please!

Dead Men Floating is a small 4 or 5 man company on NA PvE server, sector K-11, Nicodeen Key. 

They have consistently behaved in douchebag behavior, claiming "pirate" as their MO; changing other company territory messages with offensive and racist language, ramming ships with their own, and how now moved into more outright harmful behavior:

They are building pillars up from the ocean floor to the surface so that ships will sail into them and subsequently sink. This has happened several times to passersby.

It is a violation of the PvE ruleset, and is an exceptionally damaging form of griefing.

Please, please do something about this company. For the good of us who play on K11 and deal with them every single day, and also anyone who sails through our sector. Please!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vhalkyrie said:

Yeah...pillars were abused in many ways in Ark.  Not surprised to see it resurface in new ways.

Or, just-below-the-surfacing in the case of these pillars 😉

...I'll see myself out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bowtie said:

Dead Men Floating is a small 4 or 5 man company on NA PvE server, sector K-11, Nicodeen Key. 

They have consistently behaved in douchebag behavior, claiming "pirate" as their MO; changing other company territory messages with offensive and racist language, ramming ships with their own, and how now moved into more outright harmful behavior:

They are building pillars up from the ocean floor to the surface so that ships will sail into them and subsequently sink. This has happened several times to passersby.

It is a violation of the PvE ruleset, and is an exceptionally damaging form of griefing.

Please, please do something about this company. For the good of us who play on K11 and deal with them every single day, and also anyone who sails through our sector. Please!

Well this is ark so it not a surprise that there is stil pve grieving 

Indeed. The community of K11 needs some admin help from the accused company, and so do the visitors we get to our home sector.

The situation is getting worse. Pillars are being constructed further in the ocean, away from islands, because people were avoiding the area around the island.

23 hours ago, Bowtie said:

get over it and grief them back its a toxic community! :skull:

34 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

😪 most nonsense reply ever ... please report , it’s the only thing you can do 

2 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Wow... worst solution ever. 

Car theft in my area is super high so I guess your solution is to just join in the fun and start stealing some cars myself? Hey, it's just a toxic community afterall!

15 minutes ago, Dorf said:

Wow... worst solution ever. 

Car theft in my area is super high so I guess your solution is to just join in the fun and start stealing some cars myself? Hey, it's just a toxic community afterall!

This is an Ark community, did you think it would be any different?

yay look another thread detailing another way to grief to the mass public ,     i wouldn't be surprised if more are doing this as i type this reply

Edited by UDO

just wow.... is this really clogging up my forums... you PVE players need to stop crying so much... my god...

Thats the best way to get some easy resources... I am glad PVE has a few good people running around. GJ K11!!!!!

31 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

just wow.... is this really clogging up my forums... you PVE players need to stop crying so much... my god...

Thats the best way to get some easy resources... I am glad PVE has a few good people running around. GJ K11!!!!!

Your forum? Lie. Pride.

Stop crying so much? Wrath. Heartlessness.

My God...? Name taken in vain.

Easy resources? Theft. Sloth. 

Promote others committing crimes? Unlawful. Ungodly.

There is just so much wrong with you. Leave that in the PvP server where it belongs.

• Like 3

Bumping.

A ship from BubbaGump got trapped today sailing through K11 by these pillars.

K11 needs admin/gm help, please! This griefing needs to end!

On 1/21/2019 at 3:41 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

You ever get the feeling that the Devs don't care?

Sometimes I get the feeling that users aren't submitting evidence that proves the claim, like timestamped videos showing the incidents occurring.  No Admin worthy of the title would act based on a complaint on a forum without proof.  If you can't prove it, it didn't happen.

Edited by Hambo

On 1/21/2019 at 11:41 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

You ever get the feeling that the Devs don't care?

No because there have been occasions people being banned for being straight out racist or cheating I know this as Many have come here to complain, even some admitting they were racist and it's their free speech lol

If the OP can wrangle some screenshots together or a vid, i'm sure they will be banned.

Edited by Herasea

On 1/20/2019 at 10:15 PM, Vhalkyrie said:

Yeah...pillars were abused in many ways in Ark.  Not surprised to see it resurface in new ways.

But...

they...

learned...

so many lessons from their mistakes with Ark.

...Right?

On 1/21/2019 at 11:59 PM, Bowtie said:

My God...? Name taken in vain.

God is a title not a name 🙂 just sayin...

Update: the accused company have torn down their traps and pillars, thankfully.

Here's to peace.

2 hours ago, Hambo said:

Sometimes I get the feeling that users aren't submitting evidence that proves the claim, like timestamped videos showing the incidents occurring.  No Admin worthy of the title would act based on a complaint on a forum without proof.  If you can't prove it, it didn't happen.

Don't you think any Admin worthy of the title would be able to investigate the claim and make a decision based on the evidence?

I took a shit, and flushed it. It must not have happened because I can't point to the proof that it happened... 

No one has complained about PvE ship sinking than me,  yet I do wonder how "illegal" this specific tactic is. To be clear, I'm not condoning this sort of thing. In fact, I live right next to this server and sail through it pretty frequently... so this would have potentially had a directly impact me if they left the pillars in place.

However, its a real grey area. If its a piece of territory they've claimed, don't you pretty much have a right to build whatever you want in it? I mean, I could build a large pier that sticks out into the ocean which people not paying attention to might hit and sink occasionally. Should that be against the rules? Are there even rules anywhere listing what's cool to build and what isn't? Is it considered exploiting to build houses around resources for example? There's a lot of grey here and I'm not sure where the rules should be drawn to be honest.     

54 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

No one has complained about PvE ship sinking than me,  yet I do wonder how "illegal" this specific tactic is. To be clear, I'm not condoning this sort of thing. In fact, I live right next to this server and sail through it pretty frequently... so this would have potentially had a directly impact me if they left the pillars in place.

However, its a real grey area. If its a piece of territory they've claimed, don't you pretty much have a right to build whatever you want in it? I mean, I could build a large pier that sticks out into the ocean which people not paying attention to might hit and sink occasionally. Should that be against the rules? Are there even rules anywhere listing what's cool to build and what isn't? Is it considered exploiting to build houses around resources for example? There's a lot of grey here and I'm not sure where the rules should be drawn to be honest.     

Again, a failing of the devs both in code, and enforcement.  Seriously, this is why unofficial servers are usually better.  They tell you not to do something, so you don't, or the admins will deal with it.  In the case of the things you noted, they should, and could make areas that have special resource nodes, a no build zone.  Like, you can't build within a certain distance of metal nodes, or gem, or crystal, etc...  Other resources, such as Trees, rocks, etc..., are common and everywhere, so those would not block a building.   On PvE, you should be told not to try to circumvent this by encircling the area with structures, just outside the no-build zone.  On PvP, they might allow that, as you would have the ability to knock those things down.  Or, in both PvP and PvE, you could go over them with grapples and picks, but at least the resources are there, since you can't block their spawn, and you could not build a roof over them because no foundations or pillars.

At the same time, the Devs should state, clearly, what is and is not allowed, and then enforce the rules they state.  If appropriate, one warning for offenses that may seem gray area, but for many, there does not need to be a warning.  You don't need a warning not to try to sink other people's ships in PvE.  You know it's not allowed, so if you do it..no warning...just a ban.  People will do what the Devs let them get away with.  Look, in American Football, nothing is stopping you from grabbing the other guy's facemask...nothing except the rules, and the Refs to enforce the rules.  Players rarely do it, and usually when they do, it wasn't their intention.  Why?  Simple...the refs strictly enforce that rule.  If they did not, players would do it almost every play.