Sign in to follow this  
Badwolf

You guys made bows absolutely fucking worthless

41 minutes ago, Harold Godwinson said:

Alphas are supposed to be hard to kill. 

If they are spawn far away from players settlement, so it will be ok. But I do not want to have them near my base or my stable without an effective way to remove them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harold Godwinson said:

Bows are not worthless they are just more realistic now. Before bows & fire arrows were way too over powered. Now guns finally have a purpose. 

Guns still dont have any purpose because it's still worthless and impossible to actually kill someone in plate. 

8 hours ago, Coldpaws said:

I used both last night most of my kills was with the fire arrows

I mean sure, it takes 6-8 flame arrows to kill someone, and it's *still* the best way to kill someone in plate, but that doesn't change the fact that they're still hilariously bad. 

2 hours ago, Caldrin said:

Can please everyone... Before the patch everyone complaining that flame arrows were the only way to PvP because they were basically insta kill and now after they nerfed them everyone complains hahahaha.

Just use fire arms instead.. sure alpha mobs suck but it's easy enough to kill them from a distance. 

Well yes, flame arrows were bullshit before, but now if you wear plate armor you can take 3 carbine shots to the dome, live, walk away, potentially instantly heal to full, and keep going. 

Both game states are utterly broken. 

Also: It's actually outright impossible to kill high tier alphas with guns because, quite simply, you die first. They take around 800-1500 shots to kill them (Headshots and body shot difference of course), and one shot you in plate. Sure, maybe killing them in one flame arrow was broken, but you know, having them be essentially unbeatable without cheesing them is still broken gameplay. 

Edited by Ellentro

32 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

Guns still dont have any purpose because it's still worthless and impossible to actually kill someone in plate. 

I mean sure, it takes 6-8 flame arrows to kill someone, and it's *still* the best way to kill someone in plate, but that doesn't change the fact that they're still hilariously bad. 

Well yes, flame arrows were bullshit before, but now if you wear plate armor you can take 3 carbine shots to the dome, live, walk away, potentially instantly heal to full, and keep going. 

Both game states are utterly broken. 

Also: It's actually outright impossible to kill high tier alphas with guns because, quite simply, you die first. They take around 800-1500 shots to kill them (Headshots and body shot difference of course), and one shot you in plate. Sure, maybe killing them in one flame arrow was broken, but you know, having them be essentially unbeatable without cheesing them is still broken gameplay. 

You can get weapons That do more than the standard damage 😉

Also Alphas do not take 800-1500 shots lol at max I usually carry 100 shots and two pistols and killed an alpha pig yesterday.. sure it's was not maxed out and I got head shots most of the time but even with body shots should not take much more.. also usually it's a group of people killing an alpha as it's good to share the XP.. still I will test again when I get home tonight. 

Edited by Caldrin

23 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

Even up to 200% of shit remains shit... Tested a yellow bow on this weekend (ca 170%). To simplyfy i will take the 200%. 35 * 2 = 60 DMG - Alpha Reduction = no thread to an Alpha. Skills are also broken, so you dont get any further damage on that beast.

23 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

Also Alphas do not take 800-1500 shots lol at max I usually carry 100 shots and two pistols and killed an alpha pig yesterday.. sure it's was not maxed out and I got head shots most of the time but even with body shots should not take much more.. also usually it's a group of people killing an alpha as it's good to share the XP.. still I will test again when I get home tonight. 

Do you really believe, that much player will waste there time, standing on higher ground an pump 100 or even 50 Bullets in that stupid beast? The developers should understand that they have to entertain us. For dull work I expect otherwise a payment.

• Like 1

Bows are junk even on normal creatures now, take way too long and a tiger.... watch out 2 hits your dead but takes 10 to kill it or more.

Found an alpha 117 lvl Croc. Took me 10 bow repairs, exactly 325 arrows and more then an hour to kill it. Love it. NOT.

All of that with being speced into bows.

Edited by Loni
  • Like 1

Yes. Usually our group splits up in teams of 2 to get some journeyman treasures with the bows. But now we even got a little bit of trouble getting them. Which is in my opinion not the worst, but 15 arrows per repair.. ridiculous.

You can still kill alphas, it just takes a ton of arrows. The issue is that the arrow does 8-11 damage on an alpha depending if you have the perks. Vs 45-150 depending if it's a body headshot and the creature. Fire arrows did need a nerf imo. Regular arrow and guns should both do more damage to alphas. I shouldn't need 60 arrows to kill an alpha pig or over 100 for an elephant.

2 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Even up to 200% of shit remains shit... Tested a yellow bow on this weekend (ca 170%). To simplyfy i will take the 200%. 35 * 2 = 60 DMG - Alpha Reduction = no thread to an Alpha. Skills are also broken, so you dont get any further damage on that beast.

Do you really believe, that much player will waste there time, standing on higher ground an pump 100 or even 50 Bullets in that stupid beast? The developers should understand that they have to entertain us. For dull work I expect otherwise a payment.

It's still decent enough xp to do it plus you get tons of materials from them.

But I do agree that they need to do something else with the alpha spawns.. maybe make them more of an even that happens now and then..

Edited by Caldrin

59 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Yes. Usually our group splits up in teams of 2 to get some journeyman treasures with the bows. But now we even got a little bit of trouble getting them. Which is in my opinion not the worst, but 15 arrows per repair.. ridiculous.

Can solo any kind of map with 116% dmg bow and all 3 dmg perks. Well, atleast up to journeyman. Also having all 3 perks in piracy for 60% dmg. Aim for the head and when big guy is about to slam the ground, run past him. Fire arrows were never needed for anything outside of radiculously tanky alphas and mythical creatures and even then, those things are killable with just stone arrows.

Edited by Nightstrasza

1 hour ago, Nightstrasza said:

Can solo any kind of map with 116% dmg bow and all 3 dmg perks. 

None of this Skills is working atm... I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe you, if you have not noticed.

Killed an alpha bear last night it took over 70 shots with my carbine, but I did it.  I also got it trapped in one of those handy taming pens... LOL

3 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

None of this Skills is working atm... I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe you, if you have not noticed.

Doesn't matter if belive but we are playing with only bows since they nerfed guns and doing well. The perks work. The blueprint also works.

Also, don't take it that we adore the flame arrows nerf, we never used them but we wanted them to become more skillful, a different change that doesn't take damage or other QoL stuff but they prefered to just change few numbers.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:02 AM, Caldrin said:

Oh, so my 245% Carbine is going to let me kill this alpha tiger flying at me at mach 9 before he one shots me? And it makes the 500 shots required to kill an alpha elephant, and three repairs on the carbine, effective/efficient? Not to mention the two hours of reload time it takes to do it?

On 1/21/2019 at 3:02 AM, Caldrin said:

Notice how I said high tier alphas. I can kill alpha pigs with a pike, Crocs, Lions, Tigers, Wolves, Elephants and Giraffes are....different beasts entirely. The Croc/Elephants can be kited and killed with about 30 bows and a box of stone arrows, but the Lions, Tigers, Wolves and Giraffes are actually too fast to kill kiting them, do too much damage to not kite them, and require that you cheese them if you want to kill them. Add to that the fact that half that list is hyper aggressive and move at mach 9, and you have outright broken content. 

As for doing XP. Alphas are garbage for it now. You'll get more XP doing treasure maps now by a long shot. 

People need to put their point in archery tree then go get an upgraded bow. I'm not sure if complaints are from using the common bow or upgraded ones. Mine is upgraded and love it. I still have yet to use a gun lvl 50 atm and age 20 as I made it to the fountain of youth. I destroy alphas and wolves solo and I can solo treasure maps but having my crew just makes it much faster.

1 minute ago, Notorious said:

People need to put their point in archery tree then go get an upgraded bow. I'm not sure if complaints are from using the common bow or upgraded ones. Mine is upgraded and love it. I still have yet to use a gun lvl 50 atm and age 20 as I made it to the fountain of youth. I destroy alphas and wolves solo and I can solo treasure maps but having my crew just makes it much faster.

I have a 225% bow, and all the perks. It's still just faster to use a low level tiger to kill anything, and alpha tiger/wolves/lions/giraffes are still unkillable if you don't cheese them, while Elephants and Crocs still require like 20 repairs on the boat and half a box of arrows. 

6 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

Oh, so my 245% Carbine is going to let me kill this alpha tiger flying at me at mach 9 before he one shots me? And it makes the 500 shots required to kill an alpha elephant, and three repairs on the carbine, effective/efficient? Not to mention the two hours of reload time it takes to do it?

Notice how I said high tier alphas. I can kill alpha pigs with a pike, Crocs, Lions, Tigers, Wolves, Elephants and Giraffes are....different beasts entirely. The Croc/Elephants can be kited and killed with about 30 bows and a box of stone arrows, but the Lions, Tigers, Wolves and Giraffes are actually too fast to kill kiting them, do too much damage to not kite them, and require that you cheese them if you want to kill them. Add to that the fact that half that list is hyper aggressive and move at mach 9, and you have outright broken content. 

As for doing XP. Alphas are garbage for it now. You'll get more XP doing treasure maps now by a long shot. 

No alphas definitely need a bit of a rebalance.  They need to be difficult but not immortal.  As for an easy way to kill them grab an oil jar coerce them to attack something and stay still then light the oil jar on fire, stays burning for about 2 minutes and is plenty of time to kill an alpha with 1 fire arrow.  Keep in mind, not agreeing one way or the other with this balance, personally I think fire arrows needed a nerf of some sort, but the alpha creatures needed to have a proper balancing pass before that.

1 minute ago, Ellentro said:

I have a 225% bow, and all the perks. It's still just faster to use a low level tiger to kill anything, and alpha tiger/wolves/lions/giraffes are still unkillable if you don't cheese them, while Elephants and Crocs still require like 20 repairs on the boat and half a box of arrows. 

I do use a lot of arrows and grenades but at end of the day I understand it's a twig with a piece of flint on the end of it and I don't expect it to destroy and alpha in 20 shots

4 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

No alphas definitely need a bit of a rebalance.  They need to be difficult but not immortal.  As for an easy way to kill them grab an oil jar coerce them to attack something and stay still then light the oil jar on fire, stays burning for about 2 minutes and is plenty of time to kill an alpha with 1 fire arrow.  Keep in mind, not agreeing one way or the other with this balance, personally I think fire arrows needed a nerf of some sort, but the alpha creatures needed to have a proper balancing pass before that.

Honestly, fire arrows were just fine prenerf. They just needed to buff firearms and melee weapons, while reworking armor. At the moment they've nerfed all the weapons to such absolute trash levels of garage that it's near impossible to kill anyone with plate armor and some health, let alone a medic. Like I got bola'd last night and had three people shooting me with blunderbuss/carbines/flintlocks, and with 200 HP and plate armor I tanked all of it, popped medic perk, went to full HP and just ran away. 

2 minutes ago, Notorious said:

I do use a lot of arrows and grenades but at end of the day I understand it's a twig with a piece of flint on the end of it and I don't expect it to destroy and alpha in 20 shots

You know. You're right. But my entire point is that 20 shots, yeah, maybe too fast, but 800-1500 shots from a gun, or an entire box of arrows? Probably an equally or more broken scenario, just on the other extreme end. 

Edited by Ellentro

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:31 AM, Harold Godwinson said:

Bows are not worthless they are just more realistic now. Before bows & fire arrows were way too over powered. Now guns finally have a purpose. 

If I bought a bow and it broke after shooting 4 arrows I think id ask for my money back.