miloco

Who cares about dieing??

It's so much more eazy to just die then to manage vitamines water and food. I like the new survival idea. So make dieing matter. Per lvl you have 5 save points. If you die you loze xp to this point. Maby at high levels 10 save points. 

Edited by miloco

unfortunately punishing people for death in sand box games like this typically has the effect of limiting gameplay and exploration and is not what people want.

Developers are far better using the carrot of the vitamin buff to encourage people to stay alive.

Besides there are many times in early access games where you will become trapped or stuck in some way and your only choice is to suicide. If you lost 20% of a level because the Devs didn't think something through properly then that isn't fair on the player base.

For example, yesterday one of my company got stuck on a boat after a large wave pushed him onto it, not his fault, unavoidable in the situation as there were 100 boats in the area (rush to get the fountain of youth) that you had to swim through. If he had lost exp as well because of poor game mechanics it would be completely unreasonable.

The carrot is always the way, not the stick.

6 hours ago, microphobe said:

unfortunately punishing people for death in sand box games like this typically has the effect of limiting gameplay and exploration and is not what people want.

Developers are far better using the carrot of the vitamin buff to encourage people to stay alive.

Besides there are many times in early access games where you will become trapped or stuck in some way and your only choice is to suicide. If you lost 20% of a level because the Devs didn't think something through properly then that isn't fair on the player base.

For example, yesterday one of my company got stuck on a boat after a large wave pushed him onto it, not his fault, unavoidable in the situation as there were 100 boats in the area (rush to get the fountain of youth) that you had to swim through. If he had lost exp as well because of poor game mechanics it would be completely unreasonable.

The carrot is always the way, not the stick.

I think your richt. Maby you get boost the longer you stay alive. But now you get the boost if you kill your self. 

you get the boost 30 minutes after your vitamins are in equilibrium. It is pretty easy to keep them in that range if you are on land and half paying attention and the buff is certainly worth trying to maintain in general.

It is easy to get food and I have yet to dehydrate and die anywhere but on a boat out at sea so maintaining vitamins isn't all that hard.

Maintenance really isnt hard at all. It's a bit more difficult if you're out solo, but even then just keeping an eye on it and eating every now and then of all 4 colors isnt more than a mild inconvenience. I've died more to alphas and/or mated bears than i have to food-related causes (deficiencies/poison/starvation/overeating/thirst).

Edited by YoBerg