tateybread

I'm Done with Taming in this game.

4 hours ago, Gfnjr said:

You're right,  the second Rhino I just tamed that didn't hit me once and that I clearly fed around it's stomach did not happen.  Everyone else to recap,  in my taming pen I bola'd,  rhino usually fell to the its right.  I go up to stomach area and fed with ease.  

You say that, but literally no one else I've talked to, that I actually know tamed them in game has been able to feed them at the stomach since the patch.  So I have to file what you're saying as "cool story bro".

• Confused 1

Its 100% easier with maxed sneak and max affinity.

The sneak is what lets you get closer to them without getting bopped.

Bear in mind if you do it with a pen, sometimes they keep attacking the pen and you get hit by the attack.

Edited by archaegeo

6 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

You say that, but literally no one else I've talked to, that I actually know tamed them in game has been able to feed them at the stomach since the patch.  So I have to file what you're saying as "cool story bro".

WHY TF would I lie about this?   People are extremely F'd up but Bruh!   If I have time I will personally tame another Rhino and screenshot it just to prove how "BS" your comment is. 

BTW I do have sneaking 3 as @archaegeo has mentioned.

I guess they changed the angles of some animals to feed.

While most got easier to feed, they somehow messep up elephants.

Yesterday an Alpha Cobra (which they messed the melee hitbox up as well) decided to randomly kill half of my taming pen (10 pets)..

I tried to get new elephants but ended up ragequitting and killing it, cause the only possible way to feed it, is right into his maw. While it hit the shit out of me.

Will try again today with shield and plate armor maybe

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gfnjr said:

WHY TF would I lie about this?   People are extremely F'd up but Bruh!   If I have time I will personally tame another Rhino and screenshot it just to prove how "BS" your comment is. 

BTW I do have sneaking 3 as @archaegeo has mentioned.

I'm fully spec'd in the taming tree.  Went to the belly and only go "remove bola".  Had to get up under the chin to feed it.  Got sent flying for my effort.  Tried to tame a tiger before that, had to be standing next to the shoulder, where I was getting hit.

Check my pic bruh,  obviously I didn't have turnup or vegetables on me but there you go proof

Edited by Gfnjr

1 minute ago, Slash78 said:

No, it's not, because I was able to get hit by the rhino in that position.

Wow!  Excuse me?  You said you had to be up by it's head!  YOU DON"T!   You were wrong!   If you're getting hit then that's on you cause I didn't twice.

They need to completely rework taming as a whole. If you are expected to build a trap and trap the animal to tame it, that is just ridiculous. You should be able to tame it in the wild. Dark and Light taming would be awesome to add IMO.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tateybread said:

Did they change something with taming in the last patch? In terms of feeding animal while they are down? It feels so much more frustrating that it was before somehow.

I spent over an hour tonight trying to tame an elephant. Several times it would not eat even though the 'Press E to feed Wheat' message was on screen. I went though several bows and god knows how many bolas. I ended up dismantling my taming pen and trying to 'freestyle' it... ended up dying so much and being reset to zero progress so much that I rage quit and have told my Company to get someone else to do taming from now on. I'm done. I'll fucking hand harvest trees till the end of time before I engage with this shitty system again.

How the actual fuck did they manage to make Taming even worse than Ark? I've even played Dark and Light and thought it's system was crap, until I played Atlas.
Yes, this is a pirate game and Tamed creatures are not the focus... but they are part of the game and there's a whole talent tree devoted to Beastmastery... hell, you can't even use the bloody things to gather mats until you spec into it...

Im done with this fuckery.
Fucking DONE.

I've noticed this too. The patch broke feeding from the top of their head, even in an empty bloody field, it doesn't matter. There's a thread on this in the Bug Report forum. Hopefully, they'll fix this soon because I get how frustrating it can be. I died multiple times because of this bug.

Even when I'm using the company taming pen there's no feeding through walls going on. All our pen does is keep the animals from running around like lunatics and either getting us or themselves killed during the process. But now if they fall weird after being bola'd we end up wasting a lot of extra time and resources and/or get ourselves killed trying to get to the now very limited area you can tame them from. 

I actually took a screenshot that shows where I'm trying to tame them and the 'Press [E] to feed' text on the screen but pressing E did nothing. That screenshot was an open area taming process, no walls around for quite some distance. This is clearly broke. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

Took a look at your pic again.  You're health is really low for "not getting hit".

Ok that made me laugh!   100% was in such a hurry to prove you wrong that I "admittedly"  got hit on this one shooting arrows at it.  BUT not once did I get hit like I''ve said while feeding it!  Just tamed that one in pic for the hell of it and tried snapping a pic of it "swinging" at me.  Showing not getting hit!  Hopefully I got a good one to prove AGAIN.  LUL 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Supernaturaloven said:

They need to completely rework taming as a whole. If you are expected to build a trap and trap the animal to tame it, that is just ridiculous. You should be able to tame it in the wild. Dark and Light taming would be awesome to add IMO.

I agree on the first part, the taming system in this game is nonsensical. That said, you can tame animals in the wild, though it's much easier with teamwork. I've solo tamed wolves, horses, and elephants though. Traps can make it easier, though, they don't even have to use exploits or glitches. 

Whoever has been haveing problems taming please go to this link and upvote this in the bug reports so maybe they'll consider looking more into this. 

• Thanks 2

If you dont have sneak 3, please dont post about not being able to tame without getting hit, really.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

If you dont have sneak 3, please dont post about not being able to tame without getting hit, really.

And if we do?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Slash78 said:

That's BS.  That was the old feeding spot.  I tried that this morning and had to be up by the head, where I could get hit.

Nah it still works. Just did it myself and I don't even have sneak 1 sooo...

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Nari said:

Nah it still works. Just did it myself and I don't even have sneak 1 sooo...

I haven't found sneak to offer much of anything, I have zero issues feeding anything without it while taming.  /shrug

1 minute ago, iLL said:

I haven't found sneak to offer much of anything, I have zero issues feeding anything without it while taming.  /shrug

Ye. Sometimes a bite but still handable. 

i was having issues with feeding a sheep last night. It said hit e and i'd hit e over and over again with no luck. Sometimes it would take and sometimes it would take 5 tries to get the right hit box area. if it's giving me the prompt, it should be able to be fed. 

It's harder to get into the right area now without getting hit. I did 2 bears and a wolf last night and i managed to get the wolf to fall with her face over the edge of the high side of our pen and i could stand under and behind to feed without getting hit. However it's noticeable that it's harder to find the right area. I've tamed a lot of animals in the game and this patch seems to the most finicky. I had a bull at 80% tamed and then it stopped taking at all no matter where i stood. (but that was pre-the latest patch so it might be fixed now)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, archaegeo said:

I maxed taming. Including Sneak. It's not an issue of people being stupid. Look in the bug forums. There are lots of people having this problem since the patch. First they changed being able to use a trap - you cant feed if the head clips through a wall. But they also did something with large animals whose head is clipping through the ground - finding 100% flat ground on these islands is very tricky.

Sometimes getting hit isn't even the main issue. You can 'hit and run' feed them sometimes... but other times it wont eat, no matter the angle of approach...

Patch Notes:

– Fixed ability of players to feed through walls of taming pens and not get attacked.
– Prevented some creatures from not being able to be tamed if they are clipped too far into terrain or structures.

On 1/21/2019 at 3:24 AM, Gfnjr said:

I actually found it to be easier!  Just tamed a rhino and before I had to feed it close to its head,  today it let me feed it around it's stomach which not once did it hit/attack me.  Try different spots

he is on about elephant wtf has rhino got to do with this thread 

i agree OP the elepahnt half the time the press E to feed doesnt work , 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, UDO said:

he is on about elephant wtf has rhino got to do with this thread 

i agree OP the elepahnt half the time the press E to feed doesnt work , 

"Did they change something with taming in the last patch? In terms of feeding animal while they are down? It feels so much more frustrating that it was before somehow. "

This is his 1st sentence!    Let me repeat since you can't comprehend "Did they change something with taming in last patch?"  Did you just skip over that?   Explain to me where this specifically calls out elephant??   Even if he didn't say that your comment is pathetic.  LUL  

• Confused 3

the

8 minutes ago, Gfnjr said:

"Did they change something with taming in the last patch? In terms of feeding animal while they are down? It feels so much more frustrating that it was before somehow. "

This is his 1st sentence!    Let me repeat since you can't comprehend "Did they change something with taming in last patch?"  Did you just skip over that?   Explain to me where this specifically calls out elephant??   Even if he didn't say that your comment is pathetic.  LUL  

he then goes on to explain the reason for his first sentence or did u miss the rest of his thread? and only ready the first sentence as that what it looks like you have done   , as his very next sentence and the reason for his thread was 

"I spent over an hour tonight trying to tame an elephant. Several times it would not eat even though the 'Press E to feed Wheat' message was on screen. "

he tried to tame an ELEPHANT ,    

cherry picking parts of threads to justify your argument show your total lack of reading comPrehension AND to understand what his thread was about , your reply of i tamed a RHINO with no issues was not really helpful ,    

elephants are very hard to tame now they need to be tamed in wild if u want an easier time as taming pens are broken now with recent patch changes    

simple termS he asked if taming was changed as he was having trouble taming an ELEPHANT ....

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1