tateybread

I'm Done with Taming in this game.

Did they change something with taming in the last patch? In terms of feeding animal while they are down? It feels so much more frustrating that it was before somehow.

I spent over an hour tonight trying to tame an elephant. Several times it would not eat even though the 'Press E to feed Wheat' message was on screen. I went though several bows and god knows how many bolas. I ended up dismantling my taming pen and trying to 'freestyle' it... ended up dying so much and being reset to zero progress so much that I rage quit and have told my Company to get someone else to do taming from now on. I'm done. I'll fucking hand harvest trees till the end of time before I engage with this shitty system again.

How the actual fuck did they manage to make Taming even worse than Ark? I've even played Dark and Light and thought it's system was crap, until I played Atlas.
Yes, this is a pirate game and Tamed creatures are not the focus... but they are part of the game and there's a whole talent tree devoted to Beastmastery... hell, you can't even use the bloody things to gather mats until you spec into it...

Im done with this fuckery.
Fucking DONE.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I need to bump these. I always tamed for my Company. After the last patch, even being inside the pan with the elephant, you press E and nothing.... Its Bulls**it. So many things to fix in game and they nerf weapons and taming ("E" doesnt work and the taming pens don't work anymore because you cant feed through walls). What kind of sh** the "brilliant mind" that did this has in his head?

• Like 3

I actually found it to be easier!  Just tamed a rhino and before I had to feed it close to its head,  today it let me feed it around it's stomach which not once did it hit/attack me.  Try different spots

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Gfnjr said:

I actually found it to be easier!  Just tamed a rhino and before I had to feed it close to its head,  today it let me feed it around it's stomach which not once did it hit/attack me.  Try different spots

That's BS.  That was the old feeding spot.  I tried that this morning and had to be up by the head, where I could get hit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

That's BS.  That was the old feeding spot.  I tried that this morning and had to be up by the head, where I could get hit.

I just did it with an Ele and a rhino. 

• Like 1

yea, last patch they fixed a glitch that made you being able to feed them from the other side of a wall, there was no challenge since you couldn't be attacked. And since tame are really good it makes sense it isnt easy to tame

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tateybread said:

Did they change something with taming in the last patch? In terms of feeding animal while they are down? It feels so much more frustrating that it was before somehow.

I spent over an hour tonight trying to tame an elephant. Several times it would not eat even though the 'Press E to feed Wheat' message was on screen. I went though several bows and god knows how many bolas. I ended up dismantling my taming pen and trying to 'freestyle' it... ended up dying so much and being reset to zero progress so much that I rage quit and have told my Company to get someone else to do taming from now on. I'm done. I'll fucking hand harvest trees till the end of time before I engage with this shitty system again.

How the actual fuck did they manage to make Taming even worse than Ark? I've even played Dark and Light and thought it's system was crap, until I played Atlas.
Yes, this is a pirate game and Tamed creatures are not the focus... but they are part of the game and there's a whole talent tree devoted to Beastmastery... hell, you can't even use the bloody things to gather mats until you spec into it...

Fucking DONE.

so u r just pissed that your taming pen design didnt work . ok thanks for telling us 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Bye, thanks for letting us know you are quitting. See ya in game.

Thanks for actually reading what I wrote before making snarky comment random internet moron.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Le_VIP said:

yea, last patch they fixed a glitch that made you being able to feed them from the other side of a wall, there was no challenge since you couldn't be attacked. And since tame are really good it makes sense it isnt easy to tame

There is no challanging tame ... its just annoying. you can just find the new safe spot or feed it by hit and run. Please explain to me how the game gets better when the developers just annoy the player with their mechanics. Do the developers really believe that their game is fun for the players?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tateybread said:

Fucking DONE.

Another one gone, as the trolls make comments about "go ahead and leave its your fault you cant have fun" fucking toxic!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UDO said:

so u r just pissed that your taming pen design didnt work . ok thanks for telling us 

And thanks for reading my post in full you utter mong...

" I ended up dismantling my taming pen and trying to 'freestyle' it. "

:I

• Like 1

fun part is.. elephant is actually super easy to tame cause they are so slow. you can kite them around and with their high health they barely die (haven´t tamed one after most recent patch). try a bear. his bite attack on the head has a 180° and in 70% of the times you have to feed it where it can bite you. this made me almost instant rage quit especially on islands with millions of wolfs. when I love my current lvl 60 bear to some atlas bug bullshit I´ll fucking get cancer XD 

• Like 3

Since some people can't read so well... No, i'm not leaving the game... I'm just respeccing away from Beastmastery as it's tedious and frustrating... and not in the least bit fun.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mephos said:

fun part is.. elephant is actually super easy to tame cause they are so slow. you can kite them around and with their high health they barely die (haven´t tamed one after most recent patch). try a bear. his bite attack on the head has a 180° and in 70% of the times you have to feed it where it can bite you. this made me almost instant rage quit especially on islands with millions of wolfs. when I love my current lvl 60 bear to some atlas bug bullshit I´ll fucking get cancer XD 

block elephants with gates. afaik you can place gates without claiming any territory. try that with a cage for a parrot 😉

Edited by Ucan_Kizmiaz

5 hours ago, Le_VIP said:

This is what I was thinking of when I dismantled my pen and tried to tame it without one... results were rather Fatal... ><

7 hours ago, Slash78 said:

You're right,  the second Rhino I just tamed that didn't hit me once and that I clearly fed around it's stomach did not happen.  Everyone else to recap,  in my taming pen I bola'd,  rhino usually fell to the its right.  I go up to stomach area and fed with ease.  

Are people actually specing into taming affinity? I've been taming level 30s and none have taken over an hour. while i think the re-bolaing is long, prefer over the toper nonsense, having to stuff narcos down a tames throat and tames taking 1hr +

In terms of keeping them alive, I've been scouting very time I bola one. So ill catch it in the pen, look around for any vultures or predators and kill um (have a wolf with me), start taming, then repeating the process.

1 hour ago, tateybread said:

Thanks for actually reading what I wrote before making snarky comment random internet moron.

Dont worry and ignore such asholes. Just use 4 wood gates to entrap him. After Bola, feed him behind his front legs / from his belly. His breath will push you a little, but is is safe there. 

8 minutes ago, Herasea said:

Are people actually specing into taming affinity? I've been taming level 30s and none have taken over an hour. while i think the re-bolaing is long, prefer over the toper nonsense, having to stuff narcos down a tames throat and tames taking 1hr +

In terms of keeping them alive, I've been scouting very time I bola one. So ill catch it in the pen, look around for any vultures or predators and kill um (have a wolf with me), start taming, then repeating the process.

Pens seams to be more bugy at now. After useing it for days, yesterday 2 bears an a wolf gliched out from my pen. 

and yes i do, but i do this only because of bonuslevel. 

For some reason we had a bear spinning while it was bolaed effectively having a 360 degree cleave with a lot of damage. Never had that happen before this patch. Sure was a fun experience....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Pens seams to be more bugy at now. After useing it for days, yesterday 2 bears an a wolf gliched out from my pen. 

and yes i do, but i do this only because of bonuslevel. 

I don't mean storing, just for taming, i just put my rhino on my boat, take advantage of creatures not aggroing on the ship and have my ele on a elevated platform and my bear wolf inside on the top floor. Haven't had problems ass of yet

59 minutes ago, Herasea said:

I specced max affinity. The issue was that the elephant was not accepting food from any angle. This was happening randomly, which caused me to lose progress back to zero multiple times.

It seems from post from others that there were more people having the same issue.

Edited by tateybread
typos

1 minute ago, tateybread said:

I specced max affinity. The issue was that the elephant was not accepting food from any angle. This was happening randomly, which caused me to lose progress back to zero mulipke time.

It seems from post from others that there were more people having the same issue.

Ahh that's annoying, haven't had that bad, but i get what you mean by the angle. Need to be in a certain position or it doesn't work

• Like 1