Sign in to follow this  
Asanna

possible bug Could anyone explain how stealing land works?

So, I want to preface this with I've stolen/claimed land before, but I'm confused this time around.

There's a tribe on my map who've been inactive for a while, so i opted to try and get their land. As a result it worked! They had a house inside the land and half of it claimed to me. The other half however was claimed by another guy as he had done the same thing just a bit further out and so our lines were split. Well before he left to his other island he said we could take his land.

He told us to wait the 3 days for the timer to be over that way the rest of the house would belong to us once we "stole" it from him so that way we could make use of the house.
*However*
I followed his instructions, and nothing changed.

The first time i took land from someone they had a single chest on their plot, and once successfully stolen, that chest became mine. 
The second time was with the house, and that became mine (halfway)
The third time, I'm stuck with it still belonging to the person who owned it with no count down timer, no decay notice, and no change to belong to us.

I'm unsure if this is a bug from the new patch (the previous claims were days ago), or if this is some new change.

Have any of you run into the same issue?

@Asanna are you sure the build option on the flag is company only? If its free for all you will have to change it and if i remember right wait like 3 days before you can demolish the building.

14 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

@Asanna are you sure the build option on the flag is company only? If its free for all you will have to change it and if i remember right wait like 3 days before you can demolish the building.

It's changed to company only, so basically let me see if I can send screen shots to explain further down:
What's happening: I claimed the land a week ago, but "woody" as you'll see below owned half the house from an earlier claim he did, When I took over his land 3 days later (earlier today) none of it claimed to myself, and no demo timer was triggered.
What I changed: Someone told me to replant the flag and try again, I did this and *some* of it triggered the timer.
What's happening now: Some walls I can demo, and some foundations I can demo, but the Shipyard, and the main foundations I have no timer for.

Images with explanations below:

My owned portion of this house. (Currently trying to demo to rebuild it more functional)
unknown.png

If I move to the stone foundations near the back I get this:
unknown.png

However, once I look at the walls attached to the foundations I see:
unknown.png

Edited by Asanna

It's been working just fine until today. Regardless of your anger on the forums (since that's all I see from you) it at least notifies them there's a new issue.

• Like 2