Sign in to follow this  
LifelessGamer

I tried

46 minutes ago, Evir said:

It just seems handcuffing to play solo, you are missing out on so much of the game not playing with other people.

By the time you hit the mid 40s you have enough skill points to build anything, tame anything, build any ship any config. It’s only before then you need to trade off skills. And that part is actually kinda fun. 

Its inpossoble single player to specialize in everything but that’s ok. You hit the 50s done being building for the most part and have your galleon and then you can specialize and trade for needs. It’s not impossible as solo nor is it really hard.

admittedly sailing is the most boring part- which is a shame in a sailing game. I enjoy everytime I step foot somewhere new- but dammit everytime I have to sail I’m like ... nooooooo

57 minutes ago, Evir said:

Did you try to join the groups enclosing islands or are you really going to try and play solo in an MMO, then complain about how solo players are not catered to in a massively multiplayer game?

Because no MMO should EVER... EVER... promote solo play.  It's just unfathomable why anyone would want to play with others yet have control over their in-game destiny.

2 minutes ago, Ghar Drakbear said:

By the time you hit the mid 40s you have enough skill points to build anything, tame anything, build any ship any config. It’s only before then you need to trade off skills. And that part is actually kinda fun. 

Its inpossoble single player to specialize in everything but that’s ok. You hit the 50s done being building for the most part and have your galleon and then you can specialize and trade for needs. It’s not impossible as solo nor is it really hard.

admittedly sailing is the most boring part- which is a shame in a sailing game. I enjoy everytime I step foot somewhere new- but dammit everytime I have to sail I’m like ... nooooooo

Leveling is easy.  Stepping foot off land..........yeah that is a problem.  IMO freeport is one of the nicer sections.  If ship decay, can't lvl past 8, build bigger ships, and taiming wasn't an issue we leave freeort before level to 50? Then we just sail to the foy/higher level cap/taims.

Edited by LifelessGamer

1 hour ago, LifelessGamer said:

I "live" on an island with about 60 people in a lawless island.  We all get along fine.  The safety thing is people sometimes come by in boats and raid newbees.  I have mortars to deal with them and say "gtfo".  Pirate game though.  I sailed around the map today.  40 sotd.and 8 storms.  I say maybe 4 ships being sailed by players in 6 hours.

Yeah the numbers have dropped. But besides that, a lot of players just want to build bases ark style. This isn’t the pirate game they wanted it to be. It’s ark lol

well I am sure some people treat it like a pirate game but most already know it’s ark. The only sailing that will be done is to travel to raid someone. 

They just made traveling to raid longer since you can’t just stop at a drop and transfer

3 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Because no MMO should EVER... EVER... promote solo play.  It's just unfathomable why anyone would want to play with others yet have control over their in-game destiny.

Two words: Buffalo excrement.  MMO DOES NOT preclude solo play.  Perhaps some of us like to learn the game before screwing up in a group.  Heck, I've already  posted today that I love running Highest Difficulty content with a properly built and equipped solo character that takes a group of 6 characters at the same level to complete at medium difficulty.

It makes me feel... Superior. 😄

1 hour ago, Hambo said:

Two words: Buffalo excrement.  MMO DOES NOT preclude solo play.  Perhaps some of us like to learn the game before screwing up in a group.  Heck, I've already  posted today that I love running Highest Difficulty content with a properly built and equipped solo character that takes a group of 6 characters at the same level to complete at medium difficulty.

It makes me feel... Superior. 😄

sarcasm - sar·casm - /ˈsärˌkazəm/ - the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

• Like 1

So many post about people quieting and yet the trolls blame the players for leaving and not the game what a god damn joke...

12 hours ago, Dappypally said:

Keep looking... taken me 130 hours to find my perfect plot of land, on lawless. I’m happy I can carry on playing the game now  without having to sail around looking for land 🙂

I’m playing solo just fine. Just because the game is an MMO does not in the slightest mean it’s meant to be played in groups. 

MMO just means massively multiplayer online, doesn’t anywhere day it’s not solo friendly. 

I call bullshit on only 130 to find land unless your on a ice berg also 130 hours is to long this is shit!

12 hours ago, Evir said:

Once you get in to a group large enough, most things are expendable, need armor? grab one of the 30+ full sets in the storage area, need a gun? grab one out of the armory, need a ship? take one of the several "anyone can use this" ships
What do you have as a solo player that is so special? 

I was born in a communist country and i didn't like it. Not sure why i should begin to suddenly like it now. 

12 hours ago, Evir said:

Did you try to join the groups enclosing islands or are you really going to try and play solo in an MMO, then complain about how solo players are not catered to in a massively multiplayer game?

MMO doesn't mean you have to group up but that you share the same environment with multiple other players.

also Solo doesn't mean that you don't want to see others but that you maybe don't feel like adjusting to their way of gaming or don't want to take orders from anyone you barely know. even as a solo player you can interact with others in a MMO.

so why not cater them to some extend ? it clearly doesn't happen in Atlas although it got a bit easier to solo some stuff after they 'revamped' skill points

13 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah the numbers have dropped. But besides that, a lot of players just want to build bases ark style. This isn’t the pirate game they wanted it to be. It’s ark lol

well I am sure some people treat it like a pirate game but most already know it’s ark. The only sailing that will be done is to travel to raid someone. 

They just made traveling to raid longer since you can’t just stop at a drop and transfer

I have farmed enough mats to make several sloops, schooners , and a few brigs.  After sailing around the map, I can't find anything to do that I can't do on my own base.  The key point of this game sailing really servers no purpose other than making travel aggravating  (whales spawning on me, sotd spawning on me, and storms that seem to last the entire server.)

13 hours ago, Draye said:

202F03D3-3CF7-4657-ABD5-20DD53FE2B53.jpeg

I solved the "mega guild" thing early on.  On the side of the island I am on has one of the largest guild boat docks.  If randoms don't scout well they may have missed the 6+ galleons/brigs in the bay close by and mortars on the cliff tops.

I was exploring the map.  I've come to the conclusion there isn't a reason to.  I have seen so me nice an unique islands.  Game really does look nice.  Besides stopping to look getting shot at and eaten by wildlife ...............there is a void of piracy in this pirate game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LifelessGamer said:

I have farmed enough mats to make several sloops, schooners , and a few brigs.  After sailing around the map, I can't find anything to do that I can't do on my own base.  The key point of this game sailing really servers no purpose other than making travel aggravating  (whales spawning on me, sotd spawning on me, and storms that seem to last the entire server.)

I solved the "mega guild" thing early on.  On the side of the island I am on has one of the largest guild boat docks.  If randoms don't scout well they may have missed the 6+ galleons/brigs in the bay close by and mortars on the cliff tops.

I was exploring the map.  I've come to the conclusion there isn't a reason to.  I have seen so me nice an unique islands.  Game really does look nice.  Besides stopping to look getting shot at and eaten by wildlife ...............there is a void of piracy in this pirate game.

Yeah the only thing they really did was make it take longer to go raid someone. Now instead of going to the nearest drop you have to sail a few hours to raid someone 😂

almost all the islands are the same, besides the few biomes, I mean you could probably sail to about 7 or 8 islands and then you saw the whole globe pretty much.

i wouldn’t count on it getting to much deeper. The main reason ark stayed steady was because every couple of months they brought out quite a few dinos.

stuff like the perma death and people breeding wont attract anybody

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah the only thing they really did was make it take longer to go raid someone. Now instead of going to the nearest drop you have to sail a few hours to raid someone 😂

almost all the islands are the same, besides the few biomes, I mean you could probably sail to about 7 or 8 islands and then you saw the whole globe pretty much.

i wouldn’t count on it getting to much deeper. The main reason ark stayed steady was because every couple of months they brought out quite a few dinos.

stuff like the perma death and people breeding wont attract anybody

I agree and I went out to a bunch of them.  Some with many nice features imo cove/waterfall/skull rocks ect.  Really though it is the same resources as the one next to it long as the same bio-me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LifelessGamer said:

I can join a group, I've had offers and my answer was the game need to be playable on ones own also.  My skillset fit with any of them.  Game is contingent on others to make it work properly.

As for catering to massive mmorgp.  I don't see it offering much there as well imo. We all want itto be a sea game.....it isn't.

Let me get this straight, you are unhappy with the game because it is not a game for solo players?

You are upset because a Massively Multiplayer Online game requires more than one person to be viable?   

1343945605731_5318507.png

27 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Let me get this straight, you are unhappy with the game because it is not a game for solo players?

You are upset because a Massively Multiplayer Online game requires more than one person to be viable?   

Sure, I played wow solo for a long time before I got into a guild. Maybe you don’t understand what mmo means. The only, and I mean only thing mmo means is that there are a lot of players on the map.

that is the only thing it means. If you think that it also means that the weak have to team up to become strong then you are mistaken.

you totally missed the concept of mmo 

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

Sure, I played wow solo for a long time before I got into a guild. Maybe you don’t understand what mmo means. The only, and I mean only thing mmo means is that there are a lot of players on the map.

that is the only thing it means. If you think that it also means that the weak have to team up to become strong then you are mistaken.

you totally missed the concept of mmo 

WoW is a theme park, not a sandbox. Sorry but theme parks barely register as a MMO to me.

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Only thing companies bring is I could lose more expensive ships to BS mechanics.  People are the offline protection currently.  Both of those are solved by building many smaller disposable ships.

It isn't the companies, it is the game mechanics.

25 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

Only thing companies bring is I could lose more expensive ships to BS mechanics.  People are the offline protection currently.  Both of those are solved by building many smaller disposable ships.

It isn't the companies, it is the game mechanics.

Honestly the ship loss rate has been dropping lately, because of changes to some of the worst mechanics in game.  Now it is a bit better, but also there are less idiots with galleons out there getting sunk because they dont go with guns or repairs or ammo... yes I have seen all three of those.

Like any game there are good companies/guilds and hundreds of trash ones.   

We tried... This game is too much Ark, and none of EvE.

The players database is a joke now. We (my 60 guys company) are going back yo Life is Feudal for the next Big update and new world and maybe get ready for Chronicles of Elyria. Meanwhile, Life is Feudal and EvE.

The game is OK. Sailing un coop with playes and no NPC is fun as F***. But the game is broken beyond return. They Made it more simple and easier everypatch so it's boring, plus hacking, offlining shitheads and so on..

Lot of potencial. What a shame.

19 hours ago, Realist said:

Wouldn’t really used the words “ so much” with this game 😂

not that much to begin with. As far as I know every mmo can be played solo. Some people aren’t so weak that they need a big company 

Open up a 1x1 and see how long you last alone. (not that you lasted long to begin with)

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Honestly the ship loss rate has been dropping lately, because of changes to some of the worst mechanics in game.  Now it is a bit better, but also there are less idiots with galleons out there getting sunk because they dont go with guns or repairs or ammo... yes I have seen all three of those.

Like any game there are good companies/guilds and hundreds of trash ones.   

Take it for what it is:  Yesterday I had 2 servers where I had 5 sotd on my screen (and a whale chasing me at one point.)  Twice I had a sotd appeared on me, spitting distance out of no where.   Another instance an angry whale T boned me out of no where (I was looking for float crates so where did it come from?).  IMO storm damage was increased but it doesn't matter much (storm frequency and duration on the other hand........who thinks this is fun.)

The crashes/disconnects have gotten better.  Now it is the  "welcome players we have an update hope rng is with you."

4 minutes ago, Manaos said:

We tried... This game is too much Ark, and none of EvE.

The players database is a joke now. We (my 60 guys company) are going back yo Life is Feudal for the next Big update and new world and maybe get ready for Chronicles of Elyria. Meanwhile, Life is Feudal and EvE.

The game is OK. Sailing un coop with playes and no NPC is fun as F***. But the game is broken beyond return. They Made it more simple and easier everypatch so it's boring, plus hacking, offlining shitheads and so on..

Lot of potencial. What a shame.

I can never go back to LiF, due to the chinese zerg, inept devs, craptastic NA servers hosted in someone's basement and the lack of REAL reason to do anything including fight in an open world and not in an instanced battle.  

EVE I will never quit... 12 years and still going for me.   

As for your 60man company... that is a smaller company.  I know the company I am in has over 100 people in it.  And this last weekend we sent 60 people out to raid and there were still 50 people in our home tile.  

2 minutes ago, LifelessGamer said:

Take it for what it is:  Yesterday I had 2 servers where I had 5 sotd on my screen (and a whale chasing me at one point.)  Twice I had a sotd appeared on me, spitting distance out of no where.   Another instance an angry whale T boned me out of no where (I was looking for float crates so where did it come from?).  IMO storm damage was increased but it doesn't matter much (storm frequency and duration on the other hand........who thinks this is fun.)

The crashes/disconnects have gotten better.  Now it is the  "welcome players we have an update hope rng is with you."

My biggest problem with storms is the frame rate hit I suffer.. other than that I dont bother with them.  

You seem to have had a horrible run of luck... I know a group of guys in my company went whaling the past two nights and have had mixed results in getting a whale.  One trip they got a couple the next night they got nothing.

I hunt SotD pretty much every day.. so our tile is pretty clear.. unfortunately.   

20 hours ago, LifelessGamer said:

This is just ark

Ehe..what you got against ARK?

Best game I ever played.. doh

2 minutes ago, Hodo said:

My biggest problem with storms is the frame rate hit I suffer.. other than that I dont bother with them.  

You seem to have had a horrible run of luck... I know a group of guys in my company went whaling the past two nights and have had mixed results in getting a whale.  One trip they got a couple the next night they got nothing.

I hunt SotD pretty much every day.. so our tile is pretty clear.. unfortunately.   

I never noticed the storm frame rate drop, I limit my fps to 60 and a hefty gpu.  Random off topic the game on ultra uses 7gig of gpu memory without any mods.

Think I saw 6-8 whales yesterday in my nautical venture in only 6 zones lower/upper zones.  Depends on the server but norther/southern 2 zones-lots of sotd and whales.  You can sail off the bottom and appear up top.  Nice people there so can harbor anywhere really, lots of bases where 2-3 people are left and 10 quit I get the general feeling.  Sail horizontal in those zones across the map, you'll find all the missing sotd and whales pretty quickly (I tried for about 30 min and got no where dodging sotd and headed with the wind to escape them eventually.)

I may have bad luck.  Those bad times make us not take for garnet the good times.