Sign in to follow this  
LifelessGamer

I tried

This is just ark with large amounts of water.  Went out sailing and I find islands enclosed in gates. 

Was trying to say it nicely, and backspace, oh well. 

No game here.  I sailed for 6 hours.  Looks nice.  Content?   None.  Ark Ocean simulator, I was trying for more.  Solo play isn'y frown on....it is crushed.  I met lots of nice people.

The whole "why do I play" and I can't answer is when I saw islands today surrounded in gated past the ocean.  Then I get chased down sailing correctly with the wind in a ship 60% weight by a sotd.  I am reaching for a reason to continue and I am not seeing it.

Edited by LifelessGamer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LifelessGamer said:

This is just ark with large amounts of water.  Went out sailing and I find islands enclosed in gates. 

Did you try to join the groups enclosing islands or are you really going to try and play solo in an MMO, then complain about how solo players are not catered to in a massively multiplayer game?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Keep looking... taken me 130 hours to find my perfect plot of land, on lawless. I’m happy I can carry on playing the game now  without having to sail around looking for land 🙂

Just now, Evir said:

Did you try to join the groups enclosing islands or are you really going to try and play solo in an MMO, then complain about how solo players are not catered to in a massively multiplayer game?

I’m playing solo just fine. Just because the game is an MMO does not in the slightest mean it’s meant to be played in groups. 

MMO just means massively multiplayer online, doesn’t anywhere day it’s not solo friendly. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dappypally said:

Keep looking... taken me 130 hours to find my perfect plot of land, on lawless. I’m happy I can carry on playing the game now  without having to sail around looking for land 🙂

I’m playing solo just fine. Just because the game is an MMO does not in the slightest mean it’s meant to be played in groups. 

MMO just means massively multiplayer online, doesn’t anywhere day it’s not solo friendly. 

It just seems handcuffing to play solo, you are missing out on so much of the game not playing with other people.

1 minute ago, Evir said:

It just seems handcuffing to play solo, you are missing out on so much of the game not playing with other people.

Not really, that’s what allies are for. I play solo purely because I don’t want people stealing my stuff. 

Nothing worse coming online seeing your cheats have been wiped from someone ale in your company. 

I am in a company which I own, everything is settings is set to personal. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dappypally said:

Not really, that’s what allies are for. I play solo purely because I don’t want people stealing my stuff. 

Nothing worse coming online seeing your cheats have been wiped from someone ale in your company. 

I had to this just to respawn in my ship bed.  Shouldn't have come to that but not an issue.

1 minute ago, Dappypally said:

I have never had an issue with that, it seems like you are a very selfish person that doesn't want to work as a team to accomplish goals. I have never understood the solo mentality in MMOs. Single player games deliver a much better experience for solo players. I play MMOs to play with other people and do things as a group. Having played Ark solo for a stint to come back and try it after a few months of quitting, it was the most boring and dull experience I had, I just gave up with no motivation to keep going.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Evir said:

Wouldn’t really used the words “ so much” with this game 😂

not that much to begin with. As far as I know every mmo can be played solo. Some people aren’t so weak that they need a big company 

1 minute ago, Evir said:

I have never had an issue with that, it seems like you are a very selfish person that doesn't want to work as a team to accomplish goals. I have never understood the solo mentality in MMOs. Single player games deliver a much better experience for solo players. I play MMOs to play with other people and do things as a group. Having played Ark solo for a stint to come back and try it after a few months of quitting, it was the most boring and dull experience I had, I just gave up with no motivation to keep going.

So I’m selfish because I don’t want my items being stolen? How on Earth is that logical?

ive been playing MMO games since Everquest.. played solo the whole time, yes in guilds but this is different. 

I’m not selfish in the slightest... if anything I’m the opposite, I’m extremely generous in these type of games. 

Dont call me selfish, I wouldn’t have to do this if the community wasn’t so toxic. 

• Thanks 1

I can join a group, I've had offers and my answer was the game need to be playable on ones own also.  My skillset fit with any of them.  Game is contingent on others to make it work properly.

As for catering to massive mmorgp.  I don't see it offering much there as well imo. We all want itto be a sea game.....it isn't.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

not that much to begin with. As far as I know every mmo can be played solo. Some people aren’t so weak that they need a big company 

You literally need other people to have access to different things unless you want only dip into things and never experience late game content, being a naked or guy in only hide with a bow, seems boring to me.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Evir said:

You literally need other people to have access to different things unless you want only dip into things and never experience late game content, being a naked or guy in only hide with a bow, seems boring to me.

It's funny how u mention that exact outfit to be for solo players yet all big companies rushing FoY atm are doing it in that "outfit". Much endgame wow!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dappypally said:

So I’m selfish because I don’t want my items being stolen? How on Earth is that logical?

ive been playing MMO games since Everquest.. played solo the whole time, yes in guilds but this is different. 

I’m not selfish in the slightest... if anything I’m the opposite, I’m extremely generous in these type of games. 

Dont call me selfish, I wouldn’t have to do this if the community wasn’t so toxic. 

Once you get in to a group large enough, most things are expendable, need armor? grab one of the 30+ full sets in the storage area, need a gun? grab one out of the armory, need a ship? take one of the several "anyone can use this" ships
What do you have as a solo player that is so special? did you somehow collect enough to get a mythical rifle or armor set? 99.999% chance you didn't you are running around with common gear that is completely expendable to anyone in a decent sized group. We are starting to get to the point where green gear is expendable. 

Just join a group where when armor is needed, people make over a dozen sets, or if a gun is needed they make 20 or more.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Dappypally said:

Because there are numerous ways to protect your things like a chest behind a door with admin only.

1 minute ago, Evir said:

I wanted to try the solo experience.  I have done the raid leader thing.  My feed back is "gl to people better than me and I am dam good."  Plenty of games are MMO but offer single player fun. I can solo in most MMOs.  My issue I found was I have to level on land (minor) and when you go to sea there is nothing to offer.

Just now, IsilithTehroth said:

Because there are numerous ways to protect your things like a chest behind a door with admin only.

While never playing ark I know ark mechanics.  Ican have my walls/roof 9 thick to secure them.  In reality they are just to slow people down.  Wall only need to be thick enough to make people expend more resources than they will get and the wall is effective.

3 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

And? I shouldn’t have to worry about that, hence why everything is personal. I’m the only one in my company anyway.. I don’t see why this is such an issue. 

Dude even in small tribe servers they had full tek bases. End game in atlas will be easy. The problem is some people that aren’t that good at pvp want to be able to solo as well.

i know of a guy that was strictly solo on ark and raided 20 man tribes. He was a beast. He is planning on doing the same thing on atlas when it comes to console.

if you are good then atlas is definitely a solo game

• Like 1

I "live" on an island with about 60 people in a lawless island.  We all get along fine.  The safety thing is people sometimes come by in boats and raid newbees.  I have mortars to deal with them and say "gtfo".  Pirate game though.  I sailed around the map today.  40 sotd.and 8 storms.  I say maybe 4 ships being sailed by players in 6 hours.

30 minutes ago, Evir said:

I have never had an issue with that, it seems like you are a very selfish person that doesn't want to work as a team to accomplish goals. 

There is a MASSIVE difference to being selfish and not working with a team, and wanting to keep some of the resources you gathered for your self, maybe for a personal project you want to work on, perhaps you gathered fuck-tonnes of food to go out on a solo voyage for a while. it is not selfish to want to keep certain things to yourself

If you want to prove me wrong, I'll take your bank information please,  if you don't give me it, you are very selfish... 

Now do you understand? not everybody has to share literally everything they own.. Would you let a fellow work employee access to your bank account, your car, your home? lets take it even further, how do you feel about sharing your significant other with fellow employees? Maybe now your little mind can understand not everything is to be shared..

Share everything or be branded selfish... Brand away little child, brand away.

Edited by Faicorf
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Realist said:

Not only that, but in the PvE MMORPG I've played since 2006 I take great pleasure in knowing how to build a character to solo-run quests at the highest difficulty that take 6 lesser equipped players to finish on medium. :classic_cool:☕👍

• Like 1