Sign in to follow this  
Dappypally

Unofficial vs official dilemma.

Hey guys/gals. 

Im currently on official, having an ok amount of fun now that I have set up base on lawless. 

Problem I have is the toxic players and server lag that comes with official servers. 

Ive tried unofficial once but the server kept being wiped. 

My question is..  are unofficial really better than official? I mean, yes, the server is better in regards to lag.. but are the people better? Will admins take advantage of their rights? Will I get kicked randomly? I don’t wanna do all that work just for a server wipe. 

There are so many negative reasons, in my eyes the negatives outweigh the positives on private server by a fundamental amount. 

Whats your experience? 

My personal experience:  In Ark I have never had an admin abuse their power, never been kicked randomly, any griefing was crushed out and any wipe was after months of play and we were given ample warning.  I wish Atlas official was half as well run.

I am lucky enough to have found a good Atlas Unofficial, which is PvPvE, a 4x3 map with lots of islands with ample room to make a Claim and x3 rates.  I log into Official less and less.