Sign in to follow this  
moistoreos

please dont make games...

you guys are terrible at it. any chance all of you devs can retire early? it would make me really happy. thank you.

Edited by moistoreos
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Atlas has so much potential.  All of which is wasted because the Game Devs only want a gigantic Troll-Griefer shitshow and they're going out of their way to discourage any other kind of game play.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Slash78 said:

Atlas has so much potential.  All of which is wasted because the Game Devs only want a gigantic Troll-Griefer shitshow and they're going out of their way to discourage any other kind of game play.

True, atlas have best potential for triump , but new mechanics are fucking shit for players, tell me how can reset age with: ciclops, hydras, wolfs, im only level 55 and this monsters are level 12398190319. I don't know why this new mechanics, first repair fucking servers and after create news efective mechanics for "age" don't fuck players with this nightmare.

• Like 1

It's not just the new mechanics, but also screwing up old mechanics too.  I like the taming a lot more than Ark, but they screwed it over in the last patch.

Seriously the amount of whining going on from people on these forums is getting out of hands.

Start fucking whining as soon as there is the slighest inconviency. 

Why don't you just quit the game if you don't like it? instead of coming here whining like a little baby. It is an early access, things won't work flawless and changes till happen all the time. 

Have some idea that the kids whining here are the ones used to momma getting them everything they point on. Probaly even call for their mom when they need their ass whiped.

Please just stfu and leave the game if you can't take the challenge and if you have problem it being an early access game.

Edited by StevenSeagal
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, StevenSeagal said:

Seriously the amount of whining going on from people on these forums is getting out of hands.

Why don't you just quit the game if you don't like it? instead of coming here whining like a little baby. It is an early access, think won't work flawless and changes till happen all the time. 

Have some idea that the kids whining here are the ones used to momma getting them everything they point on. Probaly even call for their mom when they need their ass whiped.

Please just stfu and leave the game if you can't take the challenge and if you have problem it being an early access game.

Agreed...

My company has a boat parked at the FOY island an it literally took me 15 minutes or less to do the whole thing. Yeah it is stupid, but the mobs there are not attacking anyone, and it was quick.

Some 13 yr old (or an adult with the brains of one) saying they should stop making games is assinine.... there are thousands of people playing and personally I'm having a great time. If it's that bad why are YOU still playing? YOU KNOW you are!

Z

1 minute ago, Znick said:

Agreed...

My company has a boat parked at the FOY island an it literally took me 15 minutes or less to do the whole thing. Yeah it is stupid, but the mobs there are not attacking anyone, and it was quick.

Some 13 yr old (or an adult with the brains of one) saying they should stop making games is assinine.... there are thousands of people playing and personally I'm having a great time. If it's that bad why are YOU still playing? YOU KNOW you are!

Z

So this thing you did in 15 minutes which was easy cuz mobs didn't attack you that just got implemented and is basically harder to get to from a server point of view than a gamechallenge cuz what did you do? Run naked a couple of times until u reached the shiny sparkles, hit E, died and yaaay I did it. Know that his is mid-endgame content you are playing which they have been praising and patching so much lately rather than fixing their servers, their entirely retarded AI and so many things people are daily complaining about on these boards since launch. Do you feel any satisfaction from completing that FoY quest? Do the Powerstones give u the same rewarding feeling? Do you also think that it was a bad idea to implement it the way they implemented it, especially it being everyone rushing for that specific place where only 150 people can be at once.

Why implement this thing while there are so many techinical difficulties still in the game that might prevent you from reaching the island in the first place, not to mention the aging debuff u get as a late christmas present from the devs as well until u go there.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StevenSeagal said:

Why don't you just quit the game if you don't like it? instead of coming here whining like a little baby. It is an early access, things won't work flawless and changes till happen all the time. 

And you are acting like the 12 year old not getting his way because everyone else wants something different than him. But no, the devs need to know when they do something stupid and some of these changes have been pretty dumb. Hell just look at the elephant changes. One day. One day is all it took to balance the weight. Something they KNEW they would have to do. So what do they do? Instead of being smart and just holding off the weight change for a day until they had all of the fix in, they just give part of it, pissing the player base off and not mentioning the other part of the change (increased weight) in the patch notes. Now the age mechanic. a pretty big debuff and the only way to fix it is to reroll or do content over half their players aren't even ready for or capable of. Doesn't matter there are going to be other ways to go about it because whoever is making the decisions is doing a horrible job and should not be making those choices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Znick said:

Good for you. I sailed to the golden ruins island, got kicked, my game crashed, and i couldn't connect for the next 6 freaking hours. I'm not even saying about how stupid the "content" there is. It's not even challenging, it's just a time sink not more challenging than a lottery, and not any more fun at all, too.

And while we all know it's EA the stupidity of the new mechanics was apparent to everyone except the devs and a few white knights even before the patch was actually implemented.

Edited by LaiTash
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StevenSeagal said:

But I come here for the Viniculture 😄☕👍

What I would like is the people who keep bitching try and create their own game. Stop being whiny people and do something about it. Refund your game and work on your own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KingLlama said:

What I would like is the people who keep bitching try and create their own game. Stop being whiny people and do something about it. Refund your game and work on your own.

Can't refund due to their glorious launch, if u know how to please tell me and you won't see me here no more.

19 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Can't refund due to their glorious launch, if u know how to please tell me and you won't see me here no more.

You have to actually push it to the higher up support team on steam. 

Just now, KingLlama said:

You have to actually push it to the higher up support team on steam. 

Tried that twice, they just don't want to answer anymore questions I might have regarding a refund of Atlas but I keep replying to the ticket hoping one guy azt support refers me to the right person.

4 hours ago, moistoreos said:

you guys are terrible at it. any chance all of you devs can retire early? it would make me really happy. thank you.

Agree

Actually, I think the game has a lot of promise, and there are a lot of things I like about it.  I want them to keep working on it.  I disagree with their directional choices, and well, if need be, there are mods for that.

I wouldn't go so far as to throw barbs at them.  There is a reason why we all bought the game in EA to begin with.  They were providing us with something we wanted to play conceptually.

4 hours ago, Znick said:

I'm inclined to agree that these devs are pretty bad tbh, pushing shit out without any thought to how it will actually work in game. It honestly feels like there isn't a designer in their team and just a group of programmers/blue printers as it feels like there is very little thoughts to design when implementing things. Such as forcing a bottleneck to avoid a debuff without providing the birthing mechanic the add an alternative . don't get me wrong, I love the idea of the fountain of youth, but bringing it out without the the ability to give birth to a new character is an extremely poor design choice.

What they should have done is disabled the entire aging mechanic until the FOY and Birthing mechanic were ready, working and implemented. Not bring out one part of it forcing everyone into a bottleneck

And before you tell me to stop playing, I have, at least until the game has more correctly working features, and I don't have to worry about roll backs and people bringing pvp into pve

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StevenSeagal said:

Nope. EA isn’t a blanket excuse for everything and it sure doesn’t excuse poor decision making

• Like 1

I like the game, want them to work on it. And if im not wrong, the game had a huge warning that Said it was ea, you should expect a less polished, shallower game than that of a AAA game, explains the pricetag.

The game can be quite unfair and at times quite bullshit, but I paid 20 dollars for it, that's the price of one movie ticket were I live, I got those hours plus 220 more. (With two babies, it's quite a lot of afk time as well).

Watch the dev stream, see if you agree on their opinion of how we should treat the ea phase of the game, if you do not agree, just put it away and cross your fingers it is everything you wanted when you try it again in two-three years.

Stupid to feel like I have to disclaim this bit I'm not white knighting. Look at my previous posts, I point out bullshit if I see it. But I also try to use my position as an ea tester of the game to bring forward some of the ideas I have of how to both fix and how to improve the game.

All we can do is to wait and see.

But yes, put the game away for a while. you got it for cheap, so probably not hurting to much that you risked buying a game that is uncompleted. Return in a while and see how you are feeling about it then.

Edited by WickedCricket

2 hours ago, KingLlama said:

Way too many things wrong with this. Way too late to refund btw. And as far as making their own game? Come on man 😂  if I don’t like a movie that would come out nobody is going to say go be a movie producers.

this is the only industry where you have people use the bs excuse of go make your own.

i wouldn’t want to go back to school to get a second degree just to go make my own game. No, not because it’s hard. It’s actually very easy if you are good at it. I think you are made because they got C’s and D’s in college so they don’t do a good job. I think that is the real problem here

4 minutes ago, WickedCricket said:

I like the game, want them to work on it. Og om not wrong, the game had å huge warning that Said it was ea, do er should expect a less polished, shallower game than that of a AAA game, explains the pricetag.

The game can be quite unfair and at times quite bullshit, but I paid 20 dollars for it, that's the price of one movie ticket were I live, I got those hours plus 220 more. (With two babies, it's quite a lot of afk time as well).

Watch the dev stream, see if you agree on their opinion of how we should treat the ea phase of the game, if you do not agree, just put it away and cross your fingers it is everything you wanted when you try it again in two-three years.

Stupid to feel like I have to disclaim this bit I'm not white knighting. Look at my previous posts, I point out bullshit if I see it. But I also try to use my position as an ea tester of the game to bring forward some of the ideas I have of how to both fix and how to improve the game.

All we have to do is to wait and see.

But yes, put the game away for a while, you got it for cheap, so probably not hurting to much that you risked buying a game that is uncompleted. Return in a while and see how you are feeling about it then.

Nothing explains that price tag 😂 half price of a AAA title game for way less than half of a AAA game. Doesn’t really add up.

i think 10 bucks would have been a fair price 

Edited by Realist

8 minutes ago, WickedCricket said:

But yes, put the game away for a while. you got it for cheap, so probably not hurting to much that you risked buying a game that is uncompleted. Return in a while and see how you are feeling about it then.

Totally agree with this.  We did buy it at a discount, so put it away, play something else, then come back to it after they've made more changes.

Edited by Vhalkyrie

3 hours ago, Realist said:

Way too many things wrong with this. Way too late to refund btw. And as far as making their own game? Come on man 😂  if I don’t like a movie that would come out nobody is going to say go be a movie producers.

this is the only industry where you have people use the bs excuse of go make your own.

i wouldn’t want to go back to school to get a second degree just to go make my own game. No, not because it’s hard. It’s actually very easy if you are good at it. I think you are made because they got C’s and D’s in college so they don’t do a good job. I think that is the real problem here

Nothing explains that price tag 😂 half price of a AAA title game for way less than half of a AAA game. Doesn’t really add up.

i think 10 bucks would have been a fair price 

you think I am mad? Who is they? I'm actually working on my own game. Have been for the last 3 years. Had two people join my team recently so, progress is ramping up on it. It's not a bs excuse because Its reason why I started working on my game. 

They are bad at the fact they can't keep so called hackers away from the game. Just terrible I hope these guys getting their admin powers hacked get fired!

Edited by Horizon_Atlas