radosc

Who else is losing motivation?

your not alone Original poster . I started on day 1 as well , got through the log waits to get in game , l made landfall got some land built a base had it taken while I was asleep , built a new base more inland where I have another claim , again had it stolen , and then yet a third time . I finally moved to a polar region and it was a learning curve to survive , but I have very few people to deal with , then they nerfed the wolves which for me caused the island to be overpopulated with yeti , to the point I stopped counting at 127 surrounding my base ( sent them a pic and they said they knew the issue and was looking into it) because they yeti don't despawn they just keep spawning and no wolves mean nothing to cull them fast enough . then we have about 40 sotd's in the region and 2 nights ago I counted 4 different whales in a single region . Then couple all that with a age debuff I cant solo through and the 2 times now I zone without a ship or half the tames im hauling vanish just makes me not care anymore . If you are lucky enough to talk to one of them you get the same responces of they are looking into it and my favorite "its early release" , that is their blanket cure all for shoddy or lazy patches and glitches . Just like the official anouncment claiming that no administrator account was compromised yet on the steam news page it said they it was in fact hacked . 

They cant even get the story straight in house much less what they put out to the public and its this "effort" that bothers me the most . Like putting a stream out saying they delay certain fixes and features because they want to make sure it doesn't negatively impact the solo players or smaller companies , yet the same day they did the age debuff which hurt the solo average players , since then they have said nothing and we get "well its early release" . 

I dopnt know about anyone else , but the game when working right I love , the developers and their excuses and coverups I cant stand and its getting to the point im about to give up on anything associated with wildcard . I dealth with it in ark , then the major letdown that was dark and light and now this . they had thing going in the right direction and then like always screw things up and say its early release . 

I've been playing solo and living on lawless ever since launch. Built a schooner but still not ready to release it from the drydock since in the current state of the game it's too expensive for a solo player to pilot a schooner in my opinion, from material and crew cost wise. Always assumes you will lose the ship when you set sail, sloops are fairly cheap and a nice vessel for solos to travel around.

Currently my motivation is to do treasure maps, it is totally solo-able to do common and fine treasure maps (any higher tier map yields too much gold for a solo player to carry).
I am surprised how well melee combat skill works to deal with treasure map enemies, they are less deadly than a wolf but still pose some threat, at least until the devs break it and make it unplayable for solo players, again.

It gives you a  purpose to sail out and enjoy the sailing part of the game, experience the awe when landing on a foreign island you know nothing about, move and climb carefully to avoid or deal with aggressive animals. And above all, you are not losing too much if your sloop sinks.

This is how I find the game still enjoyable when there are all kinds of issues, bugs, trolls.

The only thing that will make me quit the game is if they don't implement an alternate way to deal with old age and straight up kill my character one day when I log in.
And it is scarily possible judging by how they made the fountain of youth.

16 hours ago, Adamseditz said:

Well. Do you want an extra person? I too am from UK. i'm 31 and i too just want to be in a company where we can settle down and have fun. I can do what i love to do and thats build and decorate and tame have adventures out at sea. I've been robbed by 2 companies stealing my tames and animals. I am very trustworthy and would never steal from my own company or grief. I just want to play and have fun. So if u would like to put some trust in me you could either come to me. Or i could come to you. Whichever 🙂

Well if you want to move there i'll sure help you out with things, whatever you need to get up and running again. Plenty wood thatch and fibres. If you want exact coordinates just let me know but will help where i can. 

4 hours ago, UDO said:

always carry spare planks and steering wheels , i carry 6 planks and 2 steering wheel and 2 beds 

saved my boat on more than one occasion 

Yes I've learned that lesson although it would not have saved me a few days ago. Sailing alone on schooner at sea only for game to crash. Desperately try to log back on (took ages) to find myself up against ghost ship, was to late for me. NPC might have saved me getting away faster but did not have any.  

The devs never learn nor do WE . They nurf tames and the alphas over powering  and major grind  

this game could be fun but the devs like running the game like a prison camp.

its great game but  they just want to make it more and more harder . alphas that can kill most anything 

no offline protections for ships  from griefers  you can still sink any ship but  devs do not fix it  

the games are  made to burn you out. To many claims and they make tons of money on it and the people who cant find land pay the price 

4 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Well if you want to move there i'll sure help you out with things, whatever you need to get up and running again. Plenty wood thatch and fibres. If you want exact coordinates just let me know but will help where i can. 

I dont mean on the island. I mean with you. You know.. 2 outcasts join forces against the world?

7 hours ago, Adamseditz said:

I dont mean on the island. I mean with you. You know.. 2 outcasts join forces against the world?

I got a nice spot on B6 if you're looking for a home. Misfit Toys on Blaincier island...  Top middle of the island with plenty of resources to build all the boats you want.

Edited by MindOfMadness

7 hours ago, avenger said:

merge start playing with groups that will probably help

but see there is where the issue is , a true mmo has content for all types of players be it solo , small company or even large companies . As much as I don't like mentioning them , take WoW for a example , in its early days there was more complainng about not having enough end game content , but there was content for all players as a MMO should be . This right now is not a MMO its massive company online , yes solo players shouldn't be doing the kracken or powerstones , yet they put a age mechanic in that basically requies you to do a powerstone less the boss fight , that is more anti solo player then anything , the sotd's are not solo player content or whales , yet they are all over the place and in masses . The only content a solo player has currently is the grind and taming or farming , similar for small companies . This doesn't take into count that they use the same blanket ruleset for pvp and pve which is of course geared twards the massive company pvp . 

It has all the potential to make a great mmo , but unfortunately they would rather hide behind the excuse its early access for every blunder they make , that or do what they have done since the uproar about the fountain change and that is say nothing . In the end its not the games fault if it makes it or not , it those in charge , and they are earning the 11000 or so negative reviews fairly . Every time they start to do something right they screw it up and then focus on cosmetics . Personally I would rather have a game that is fun and enjoyable then 6 different ship ornaments or some armor customizations , or even a peg leg , but we can see where they have the priorities set in the dev stream . well that is if you can believe it as they did tell us they carefully consider changes to the game and how it will impact solo or small groups as well as large companies and then several hours later nerfed the solo players and small companies with a age debuff ….

Two stories here : ))

1) - We built our base. All houses, did farm and taming place. Did several treasure hunting and then crafted all yellow stuff we carry. Destroyed few SoDs. So... I guess we passed all solo (small company) content. Just no more reasons to log in. Only for few minutes - got the food for crew on ship and tames and refresh decay timers on lawless.

2) - The guy from our company spent a couple of weeks - crafting all rare stuff gathering resources all over the world (especially this keratinoid - from gian ants which spawns so rarely so he spent like 4 hours to gather 100 of this resource (and he needed like 500 lol). Then in a usual walk - he just got his internet connection lost for a 20 minutes. When he rejoined - he was dead and all his stuff - just gone. He spent like few weeks more to do the same hi already done (mindless resources farming) and got almost all new stuff. Accdentally jumped into a raft parked in our port. After he used a hook (he thought he might escape non ally raft with glider, hook or climbing picks) he had a game crush. And we all saw he died on a raft and hes corpse just flied away to the skies.

So again he lost all.

And he quit. Just because he didn't want to spend another week of resources farming and do what he already done for two times. Because it just booring and to spent half of a month with NO PROGRESS at all... just not cool.

Dev must do something with loosing stuff. I know this is SURVIVAL GAME and loosing all - the part of it's adventure. But... I mean who will be glad to spend a week do something then start over. One more week of doing the same. Then start over - the same. Then start over... and after a months of playing find himself RIGHT ON THE POINT WHERE WE WAS STARTED...

It's like U play Diablo, got thru 1st act, then d delete your hero, play new one the same role - got thru 1st act, delete, got same hero again, got thru 1st act... delete... I know NO PLAYERS doing (and possible enjoying) this. 

Please let me invite you all to join Sister Margaret's school for Wayward girls. I'm looking to create a network of independent players who want to enjoy the game but are frustrated by the challenges of Pathfinder life. The game is fun, but buggy so I am hoping to create a mechanism that circumvents that. The basic idea is this: create safe houses in lawless zones and help new players level up and experienced players can have bases in multiple regions. Eventually build a network of bases where solo players can show up, build and grow. I already have the first safe house in k5 and am welcoming all. If we build the network we will be able to play and explore and not worry about having to rage quit after each setback and we get to help other new players. 

I'm getting there... What I see as the downside is that this game forces you to do large amounts of things you have no interest in doing, to be able to do the things you are interested in doing. And in the end, those things you are forced to do are getting heavy.

First, cyclones... I'm sick of them. They are not interesting. They are not fun. Once you have seen 10 of them. They are something that stops you from playing the game and forces you to waste your time until they stop. And this happens what? Three times an hour while on the water? It would be different if they popped up once a week. Three times an hour is a total waste of time!

Food decay... I want to log on and jump on my boat just say, but no. You have to go kill and animal, then go get a fish. Then start cooking them while you go and harvest two types of food plants. By that point you have already wasted 30 minutes of your game time, just because most of your food from yesterday is gone. I think food decay rates should be days, not minutes.

Sotd… It takes 30 minutes to cross a grid, ok I understand this, in context it works. But why can't you see the Sotd ships miles off? As you would see a ship at sea. 30 minutes of open travel and you can't even go get a drink without these spawning in a way at causes you to react right then to avoid them... or you lose everything. If I could take a good look and know, ok I have 2 or 3 minutes that I can get out of my chair safely, it would be far more workable. For the amount of time it takes to get anywhere insta spawns do not work.

As far as the bugs and lag go... I've done alphas, betas and early access games for 15 years. As interesting as this game is, I would say it's still in beta. You paid $25 to beta test a game that was called early access to be able to sell it. At this point many core issues like claiming land has not even been worked out yet. Most games only get one big chance at opening, doing it before its ready often spells long term trouble.

Over all, it has some fun things about it and could be good if they get some of the big issues resolved quickly.