radosc

Who else is losing motivation?

I bought EA day one. I persevered through lag and crashes. Made it to an island, claimed a fair share of land and defended it during claim wars. Have plenty of resources and crops and tamed some animals. But I find it hard to find more motivation. I don't want to go to the fountain of youth and count on lag to make it because otherwise, I wouldn't be able to survive long enough to make it to the cave entrance. I have no motivation to tame more animals because they are useless when alphas roam around. I'm a bit tired of animals spawning inside of my base and ghost ships lurking on you when you change servers. Treasure hunting is repeatable as hell, and sea chests not worth it. 

Am I the only one to feel that the only thing that keeps me going atm is not to loose the land I have and the game has not much more to offer?

• Like 8

Me as of tonight. I play semi solo, have a friend on another island but I man my own ships.  To many crashes to play alone on this game, especially if you're half way out to sea. Can't afford NPC's right now, to much gold for 1 person. I'm giving it a break for awhile until it improves, at least the amount of crashes and stability problems.

I'm a solo living in lawless and have been enjoying slooping it around the map finding mats and seeds that aren't in my area avoiding SotD and waterspouts as I make my way back home loaded with good.

It's a lot more challenging when you're all alone in the middle of the ocean running from SotD 5+ zones from home and getting caught in a storm. I have lost hours of farming and sailing to the damned and I've made it back with good hauls feeling like I accomplished something.

Sometimes it would be nice to be spoon fed some quest content and others I like doing my own thing but in the end the game is what you make of it.

the age thing and mini games are killing the game for me, I solo mostly and play with my daughter when she can, but making me age and being already in my 90's going after a fountain of youth near a power stone isn't my idea of fun things to do solo or duo.  I suggested they sell elixir of youth or life - the 10% bonus for 100 gold coin in freeport.  Or just do away with aging.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MindOfMadness said:

I'm a solo living in lawless and have been enjoying slooping it around the map finding mats and seeds that aren't in my area avoiding SotD and waterspouts as I make my way back home loaded with good.

It's a lot more challenging when you're all alone in the middle of the ocean running from SotD 5+ zones from home and getting caught in a storm. I have lost hours of farming and sailing to the damned and I've made it back with good hauls feeling like I accomplished something.

Sometimes it would be nice to be spoon fed some quest content and others I like doing my own thing but in the end the game is what you make of it.

Be very careful not to be complacent. I was the same until last night, went on a metal resource run (solo) everything was good until I was sailing back and game crashed. Quickly tried to log back on took me 2 minutes to log back in to find my schooner against side of ghost ship. By time i tried to sail away my steering wheel smashed and was to late, sunk. Sailing solo is not problem, the amount of ghost ships and game crashes are.

• Like 1

Im only losing motivation as i was in a company in N8 and had huge bas,e loads of tames tamed loads of animals myself but then i get booted. for no reason from the company whilst out on a ship. Got bugged on ship because of it died and lost all my gear.. Now i'm solo living in lawless. Yes you could say i've lost all motivation

23 minutes ago, Adamseditz said:

Im only losing motivation as i was in a company in N8 and had huge bas,e loads of tames tamed loads of animals myself but then i get booted. for no reason from the company whilst out on a ship. Got bugged on ship because of it died and lost all my gear.. Now i'm solo living in lawless. Yes you could say i've lost all motivation

Similar to me, had base built, loads of resources in boxes and everything. Because the owner was crying every 2 minutes because he can't play and got angry he decided to kick everyone in group and destroy flags. This was a 50 odd year old man and if he reads this he should be ashamed. I play kinda solo now, have friend on another island we help each other out.

Just now, DannyUK said:

Similar to me, had base built, loads of resources in boxes and everything. Because the owner was crying every 2 minutes because he can't play and got angry he decided to kick everyone in group and destroy flags. This was a 50 odd year old man and if he reads this he should be ashamed. I play kinda solo now, have friend on another island we help each other out.

What zone are you? May come over be solo near you and then we can all help each other 🙂

2 hours ago, Adamseditz said:

What zone are you? May come over be solo near you and then we can all help each other 🙂

I am currently on J8 now on the green islet island bottom right hand side on. We did have claim flags, 3 of them but playing solo there is no chance of getting a flag so I settled on Lawless.

1 hour ago, JackTheWack said:

Why i dont join a company in pve humans you never know wtf they will do. 

That is true but me being me I tend to trust to easy. I'm a nice guy who would help others out but usually it gets thrown back in my face, oh well can't change who I am haha.

15 hours ago, radosc said:

I bought EA day one. I persevered through lag and crashes. Made it to an island, claimed a fair share of land and defended it during claim wars. Have plenty of resources and crops and tamed some animals. But I find it hard to find more motivation. I don't want to go to the fountain of youth and count on lag to make it because otherwise, I wouldn't be able to survive long enough to make it to the cave entrance. I have no motivation to tame more animals because they are useless when alphas roam around. I'm a bit tired of animals spawning inside of my base and ghost ships lurking on you when you change servers. Treasure hunting is repeatable as hell, and sea chests not worth it. 

Am I the only one to feel that the only thing that keeps me going atm is not to loose the land I have and the game has not much more to offer?

Just quit! So many people are its the only way to force them to listen is to stop playing the game.

I am, but its normal. To be honest at this point waiting for Anthem and Division to come out. I feel like I am reaching the limit of my Atlas gameplay.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DannyUK said:

Be very careful not to be complacent. I was the same until last night, went on a metal resource run (solo) everything was good until I was sailing back and game crashed. Quickly tried to log back on took me 2 minutes to log back in to find my schooner against side of ghost ship. By time i tried to sail away my steering wheel smashed and was to late, sunk. Sailing solo is not problem, the amount of ghost ships and game crashes are.

I'm dodging Ships of the dammed (SotD) 75% of the time I'm sailing. The most annoying is when you go through a border wall and zone into 2-3 right at the transition...  insta RIP

But that's also what makes it a challenge. I did figure out a trick that sometimes works... Full throttle into the back of them where they can't shoot you and when you get a clear path turn with the wind. I use two speed sails so I can outrun them as long as I zigzag a bit I get out with minimal damage.

Losing, Lost, not fully sure yet but I really don't feel much desire to login now.

Built the base, tamed the animals, did the FoY, as a solo player really not seeing much to do anymore beyond harvesting more materials just to have them.

5 hours ago, DannyUK said:

I am currently on J8 now on the green islet island bottom right hand side on. We did have claim flags, 3 of them but playing solo there is no chance of getting a flag so I settled on Lawless.

That is true but me being me I tend to trust to easy. I'm a nice guy who would help others out but usually it gets thrown back in my face, oh well can't change who I am haha.

Well. Do you want an extra person? I too am from UK. i'm 31 and i too just want to be in a company where we can settle down and have fun. I can do what i love to do and thats build and decorate and tame have adventures out at sea. I've been robbed by 2 companies stealing my tames and animals. I am very trustworthy and would never steal from my own company or grief. I just want to play and have fun. So if u would like to put some trust in me you could either come to me. Or i could come to you. Whichever 🙂

As a solo player I also have these moments where I have to think why I should even log on. When you've done the most things (building base and ships, taming) it's hard to justify another reason for yourself to spend your time in-game. 

I still get a lot of satisfaction when I actually have a goal like building something and completing it. But after having build a way too big of a base for my solo needs, build  2 rafts, 3 sloops, 3 schooners and a brig, tamed 3 bears, 2 wolves, pigs and cows...there isn't much else to accomplish atm.

In contrast to most opinions, I actually enjoyed the fountain of youth quest. Apart from sailing to an island and finding out the fountain was already gone, it was great to have a clear mission I had to complete and knowing I could do this as a solo player. 

The farming of resources gets old quick, and I'm not enjoying that for a minute anymore. But the sailing with aforementioned ships I still enjoy a lot wherever I need to go too. That is the main reason I bought this game. It would be nice to have some simple missions which consists of traveling to a certain grid/island and possibly complete a certain task which is also doable for a solo player.

PS: I'm settled on a lawless island (PVE) which is great as a 'world without claims' environment. No hostality and great solo players and small companies in my surroundings with who I trade once in a while when either of us is in need for something. Also the temperate environment with at most a wolf here and there as your greatest hazard creates a very pleasant world to live in. But it still is a world without much incentives to do anything anymore.

Edited by Roadster

Lawless is a nice place to settle but getting annoyed by all the foundations company Snu Snu is putting up everywhere.

I think you should have to be close to foundations to reset the timer so we can start removing some of them when they're all over the map. I never see these guys but there are a good 10-20 around my house and never see them anywhere by me.

I haven't played for a couple weeks since the bug that allowed other players to weight up and sink your ship, I heard the fix for that was REALLY bad, so I'm still waiting, checking the forums to see how the game is coming along.

As of now, it doesn't seem like a good casual, solo, PvE game.

1 hour ago, Queequeg said:

I haven't played for a couple weeks since the bug that allowed other players to weight up and sink your ship, I heard the fix for that was REALLY bad, so I'm still waiting, checking the forums to see how the game is coming along.

As of now, it doesn't seem like a good casual, solo, PvE game.

The fix wasn't bad. Just don't get on someone else's boat or raft.  Getting used to not jumping on a raft going ashore took a couple days but now it's not even an issue since most have adjusted to it.

I play in a small company that consist of my wife and 2 brothers and we still enjoy playing. We have a base in lawless and a brig and 2 schooners. My wife and I play all week and my brothers join us on Saturdays.

We only get an hour or 2 a day during the week to play, which we spend gathering and building, and on weekends we do treasure maps and explore/trade. We also have a trade alliance of 5 or 6 small companies from our square and enjoy meeting up with them to trade, hang out or run maps. Last night my wife and I even made to to the FoY and are young again.

21 hours ago, DannyUK said:

always carry spare planks and steering wheels , i carry 6 planks and 2 steering wheel and 2 beds 

saved my boat on more than one occasion 

In a two man company, we're both roughly level 41, have a base, schooner-level ships, personal combat skills, have tames, farm plots, and routes for necessary mats etc.

However, we have reached a plateau where beyond that there is basically nothing to do. We don't have the points to immediately spec into artillery. Probably 4-5 levels until we can outfit a battle schooner and confidently take on SoTD. Ditto for outfitting ballistas to hunt whales.

So all we have to do really is boring level-up stuff until we can get there. In addition, we were punched in the nuts with the old age debuff. Yep, penalize your earliest and most committed players. There's something they should teach at Harvard Business School. We could lag wizard the FOY, but that's cheese, though effective. And when it does return to normal, the FOY and other endgame dungeons and encounters are not made for two people.

So essentially we just log into do chores now. All MMO's have their chores, but that doldrum in the middle levels is pretty unique to ATLAS. There is nothing satisfying to do in addition to the chores.

28 minutes ago, Ringo O'Rourke said:

In a two man company, we're both roughly level 41, have a base, schooner-level ships, personal combat skills, have tames, farm plots, and routes for necessary mats etc.

However, we have reached a plateau where beyond that there is basically nothing to do. We don't have the points to immediately spec into artillery. Probably 4-5 levels until we can outfit a battle schooner and confidently take on SoTD. Ditto for outfitting ballistas to hunt whales.

So all we have to do really is boring level-up stuff until we can get there. In addition, we were punched in the nuts with the old age debuff. Yep, penalize your earliest and most committed players. There's something they should teach at Harvard Business School. We could lag wizard the FOY, but that's cheese, though effective. And when it does return to normal, the FOY and other endgame dungeons and encounters are not made for two people.

So essentially we just log into do chores now. All MMO's have their chores, but that doldrum in the middle levels is pretty unique to ATLAS. There is nothing satisfying to do in addition to the chores.

You should try trading with a larger guild! Theres gotta be some friendly folks nearby thatll part with a cannon or two for some materials or other booty. If not come to O9, we’ve got a trade port built and were trading anything and everything!

I was going along great, but then they changed taming right after I'd spent all this time getting ready to tame a bear. Man that pissed me off, like what was the problem? Did I miss a massive amount of people complaining taming was too easy? That and hearing that your ship can still be griefed in PvE and the friends I was playing with getting bored of the game really took the wind out of my sails if you'll pardon the pun.

Then this stupid debuff for being old, and you have to go to a lag filled SINGLE grid for the ENTIRE MAP on an island filled with tons of creatures at alpha levels that I couldn't hope to fight off even if I was level 100 with the best gear in the game? So stupid.