Sign in to follow this  
Sneakydude

Wipe the shit already

What the heck are you guys thinking? Someone can put a bandage on if they are cut, maybe you can use some toilet paper to fix your coding.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

What the heck are you guys thinking? Someone can put a bandage on if they are cut, maybe you can use some toilet paper to fix your coding.

They need a server wipe like right now. They are scared big companies will quite the game and thats why its not happening no back bone. 

3 minutes ago, TheFailingPierat said:

how about no, plz fix core game mechanics first as land claiming and proper anti cheat systems where no admin acess is possible for unknown users.

If you missed Friday's livecast, the entire claim system is in the process of being trashed and rewritten.  It's not going to happen overnight or even in a month as they have to rethink the whole system and try to find a way to phase it into the game if possible.

The other option is the game gets wiped so the new claim system can be added, with who knows how much downtime.  Many EA games I've been involved with have gone down for over a month in such cases as they test the new system before letting the 'public' in..

56 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

They need a server wipe like right now. They are scared big companies will quite the game and thats why its not happening no back bone. 

They already have their $, and there's no monthly fees so that doesn't make sense.

Z

7 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Why would they wipe an EA game weeks into its launch when most of the playerbase hasn't even had the time to progress enough to test or experience the majority of the content in any meaningful way?

Wildcard is horribly managed, and rarely tests/thinks about what they're doing, but this is one of the few things they're actually doing right. 

7 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

They aren't scared of big companies quitting. If they wipe, you will still be a bob, will still get wiped off your island, and will still be here whining about how the game doesn't cater to you and only you. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

Why would they wipe an EA game weeks into its launch when most of the playerbase hasn't even had the time to progress enough to test or experience the majority of the content in any meaningful way?

Wildcard is horribly managed, and rarely tests/thinks about what they're doing, but this is one of the few things they're actually doing right. 

They aren't scared of big companies quitting. If they wipe, you will still be a bob, will still get wiped off your island, and will still be here whining about how the game doesn't cater to you and only you. 

Tons of shit duped, they know it.. they need to remove the whole admin back end stuff plus they made massive code changes that effect new players ever getting land. The claim system all kinds of things are messed up. They need to wipe it asap, and work from there. I agree about the whole management thing.

6 hours ago, Hambo said:

If you missed Friday's livecast, the entire claim system is in the process of being trashed and rewritten.  It's not going to happen overnight or even in a month as they have to rethink the whole system and try to find a way to phase it into the game if possible.

The other option is the game gets wiped so the new claim system can be added, with who knows how much downtime.  Many EA games I've been involved with have gone down for over a month in such cases as they test the new system before letting the 'public' in..

The claim system was a “new” idea they were trying. It was very stupid. I am all but certain that it will end up like ark and you can build wherever.

there was literally nothing good about any aspect of the claim system lol

17 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Tons of shit duped, they know it.. they need to remove the whole admin back end stuff plus they made massive code changes that effect new players ever getting land. The claim system all kinds of things are messed up. They need to wipe it asap, and work from there. I agree about the whole management thing.

The wipe won't fix anything. The dupe is still in the game, and has been in the game since Ark released 4 years ago. No change to how the dupe works at all. 

As to admin stuff/broken stuff/etc, Wildcard considers it completely acceptable for several tribes to be driving around with planks that have 65k health. The entire server doesn't need a wipe, because the majority of tribes that are exploiting like this are highly isolated incidents. There's no reason for them to wipe the servers and make the entire server set regrind another 4 weeks to start enjoying/testing the game. A wipe benefits no one in particular except people who want to try their RNG at another land grab which are people who won't be able to hold the land to begin with. 

8 hours ago, Realist said:

The claim system was a “new” idea they were trying. It was very stupid. I am all but certain that it will end up like ark and you can build wherever.

there was literally nothing good about any aspect of the claim system lol

Except taxing those consumingthe resources within your build area, as well as guaranteed space a bit around where you are building to expand without someone else building there...there are good aspects of the claim system, it is just out of balance ATM. For instance, you should be able to choose between a small, medium and large claim area to be able to negotiate the pockets of empty land that can't be claimed. Some companies may be ok with a small claim and go for it while others may want a larger spot and pass it up. It would better utilize the land.

Also, one of the aspects that kills me ATM is the constant contesting. We had people running through the other day contesting, not because they wanted to, but because they were simply passing through. But nevertheless it paused for the duration of their passage plus 30seconds. If someone else passed through in those 30seconds they reset. Essentially it took us an hour to go down 2 minutes and even then at one point we were under 2 hrs and the timer reversed and when the person left, 15 min was added on, I guess because they were all allies.

The better solution would be to apply a 30 sec buffer to pausing the timer as well. In this instance, person A is passing through the claim in question, the flag will still capture as normal for 30 seconds, if the individual is still in the claim it paused it, and once they leave resumes it after 30 seconds. If however they don't stop and are just passing through, the timer never stops. The point of pausing during contesting is someone defending their claim by standing still in the claim, not to allow travelers to inadvertently pause the process. I mean if the attacker has to suffer a 30sec timer to resume, there should be one on the defender side as well. This would eliminate a lot of wasted time taking claims Imo.

Secondly, as I pointed out in an earlier post. ALL flags should receive a decay-demolish timer at the end of their upkeep, not the claim, but the flag itself. If you do not keep upkeep on the flag, it begins a 3 Day timer toward decay-demolish. If you are not active during that 3 day window, at the end, it will demolish your flag and force kill the sleeping occupants to force a respawn and allow the land to be cleared away for others to claim. 

The claim system is a nice idea, it just needs some work. Finally, as much as people hate this idea, claims should be limited to 1 per person. If you need more area than a standard claim size as an individual, you are wasting land anyway. Notice I didn't say company, thus allowing larger companies to have more space.

9 hours ago, Ellentro said:

Lol, thanks to the "Incredibly Stupid Age Debuff Debacle" we're having to jump to end-game content after playing for about 4 weeks, so I think we could be considered to experience some of the more significant content, whether we want to or not.  😄

• Like 1

what will a wipe change? not much. freeport will be unplayable again because megalaggs. the few nolifes who get out first will claim everything again until the masses get out of freeport and we will have the same situation again. the claim system needs hard limits first before you should do a wipe.

13 minutes ago, Coggage said:

Lol, thanks to the "Incredibly Stupid Age Debuff Debacle" we're having to jump to end-game content after playing for about 4 weeks, so I think we could be considered to experience some of the more significant content, whether we want to or not.  😄

That isn't really end game. Well, I suppose it is for PvE, but PvE inherently doesn't really have any end game, I dunno how that mode is supposed to work. I had all the powerstones minus the ghost ship collected within a week of playing with nearly no pve involved.  

PvP wise, despite being in a mega-co, from the start, actual wars and big fights are only now happening, and very few among us are even into crafting upgraded bps/gear. Experimenting with builds on ships etc are still in full swing. 

(Age debuff is stupid af tho)

Edited by Ellentro
  • Like 1

The fix for claim system is so obvious. Make it so that if you are online and actually in the area of flag zone than the claim/declaim timer runs faster. We want more active raids.

9 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

there is a fuck ton of land available i was out looking for shale oil the weekend got me a little outpost about 6 grids away from main base , 

go look for it , go land and look around ..stop wanting everything handed to u 

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

Except taxing those consumingthe resources within your build area, as well as guaranteed space a bit around where you are building to expand without someone else building there...there are good aspects of the claim system, it is just out of balance ATM. For instance, you should be able to choose between a small, medium and large claim area to be able to negotiate the pockets of empty land that can't be claimed. Some companies may be ok with a small claim and go for it while others may want a larger spot and pass it up. It would better utilize the land.

Also, one of the aspects that kills me ATM is the constant contesting. We had people running through the other day contesting, not because they wanted to, but because they were simply passing through. But nevertheless it paused for the duration of their passage plus 30seconds. If someone else passed through in those 30seconds they reset. Essentially it took us an hour to go down 2 minutes and even then at one point we were under 2 hrs and the timer reversed and when the person left, 15 min was added on, I guess because they were all allies.

The better solution would be to apply a 30 sec buffer to pausing the timer as well. In this instance, person A is passing through the claim in question, the flag will still capture as normal for 30 seconds, if the individual is still in the claim it paused it, and once they leave resumes it after 30 seconds. If however they don't stop and are just passing through, the timer never stops. The point of pausing during contesting is someone defending their claim by standing still in the claim, not to allow travelers to inadvertently pause the process. I mean if the attacker has to suffer a 30sec timer to resume, there should be one on the defender side as well. This would eliminate a lot of wasted time taking claims Imo.

Secondly, as I pointed out in an earlier post. ALL flags should receive a decay-demolish timer at the end of their upkeep, not the claim, but the flag itself. If you do not keep upkeep on the flag, it begins a 3 Day timer toward decay-demolish. If you are not active during that 3 day window, at the end, it will demolish your flag and force kill the sleeping occupants to force a respawn and allow the land to be cleared away for others to claim. 

The claim system is a nice idea, it just needs some work. Finally, as much as people hate this idea, claims should be limited to 1 per person. If you need more area than a standard claim size as an individual, you are wasting land anyway. Notice I didn't say company, thus allowing larger companies to have more space.

I am sure some of those might be good ideas, but if I am right and I am pretty sure I am things will go back to like ark and you just build a base with the buffer zone around you that people can’t build on.

there will still be the decay timer and all but if you want that land you just gotta raid them and take it. I don’t really see the point of claims in the first place and the fact that a lot of changes would need to be made, then tweak, then perfected just makes it worse.

29 minutes ago, Realist said:

I am sure some of those might be good ideas, but if I am right and I am pretty sure I am things will go back to like ark and you just build a base with the buffer zone around you that people can’t build on.

there will still be the decay timer and all but if you want that land you just gotta raid them and take it. I don’t really see the point of claims in the first place and the fact that a lot of changes would need to be made, then tweak, then perfected just makes it worse.

You are looking at it from a pvp perspective though...you can't exactly raid it on a pve server, about the only thing you can do is drop weight on ships till they break then raid the ship, but claims aren't on ships anyway. Claims are basically a system that allows territory to be owned, used, and built upon without someone building up in a spot nearby that you want to expand into. Ark didnt exactly solve that issue for pve servers, I mean it brought in clan wars, but honestly, who needed to go to war over land? There are no claim systems in there. Given how they have reiterated claims and even allowed building permission to be set to all, company, or ally...I think they will keep the claim system in. Which is ok, but they need an overhaul to make it functional, the ideas I listed above provides those answers. Claims are a way for pve players to engage in a sliver of territorial war without actually going to war. When you consider the nature of piracy, it makes sense from a themed perspective and it makes sense on pve servers...it just needs a few big changes to make it feasible and honestly I'd prefer they make those changes then out right gut it which lessens the complexity of the game giving you a carbon copy of ark. The point of Atlas was to differentiate itself from ARK, NOT to bring itself closer to it.

3 hours ago, Tobias said:

You are looking at it from a pvp perspective though...you can't exactly raid it on a pve server, about the only thing you can do is drop weight on ships till they break then raid the ship, but claims aren't on ships anyway. Claims are basically a system that allows territory to be owned, used, and built upon without someone building up in a spot nearby that you want to expand into. Ark didnt exactly solve that issue for pve servers, I mean it brought in clan wars, but honestly, who needed to go to war over land? There are no claim systems in there. Given how they have reiterated claims and even allowed building permission to be set to all, company, or ally...I think they will keep the claim system in. Which is ok, but they need an overhaul to make it functional, the ideas I listed above provides those answers. Claims are a way for pve players to engage in a sliver of territorial war without actually going to war. When you consider the nature of piracy, it makes sense from a themed perspective and it makes sense on pve servers...it just needs a few big changes to make it feasible and honestly I'd prefer they make those changes then out right gut it which lessens the complexity of the game giving you a carbon copy of ark. The point of Atlas was to differentiate itself from ARK, NOT to bring itself closer to it.

Ah my apologies, I didn’t know you were talking pve. In that case I agree with you.

pvp however, the claim system takes away all skill and it makes it just depend on who is online more and who is offline more. The fact that you can take someone’s stuff by just standing there is kind of stupid really. I am not talking offline raiding like in ark to take over, and I am talking not even raiding but just standing there lol

22 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Again.. not time for a wipe yet.  

Maybe when they add a MAJOR update that changes core game mechanics YES.. like when they add age death and human breeding.  

But until then no real reason.. maybe when they finalize the Battle Eye system so it is more effective than now.

Just because a few people are butt hurt doesnt mean they should wipe.  That just increases irritation, and may cause a rash.... (see what I did there).

Oh and its QUIT, not quite, two different words there.