Znick

Poll on Age Mechanic

Should we keep the aging mechanic?  

215 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• Yes, I LOVE IT!
    • No, IT SUCKS!

Simple enough.... do you want them to keep the age mechanic?

Z

Edited by Znick
  • Like 3

as all the age mechanics are not in the game yet then a pretty premature poll 

there will be other ways to maintain youth . 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, UDO said:

there will be other ways even crappier ways to maintain youth . 

There, fixed that for ya.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

New ideas in these games are good... just not this one. Aging in a MMO/survival game is ridiculous.

Z

• Like 6

It's like U play full of youth girl/boy for a few days.

Then for a next few days you are mature woman or man.

And then for a couple of weeks you play as old grandfather/grandmother falling apart.

With muscular body, perfect posture, carry all weight and fight as young one, but yet whit old wrinkled face - this is double as weirs IMAO : )) So I would feel much happier if they remove this aging system. I don't like it.

• Like 3

the choice : I like but .... is missing 

Because this systeme can be fun IF he follow the In game time ( 827 day actyally ) and if the Run for fountain begin Fair for solo and little compagny... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dont like it, make it optional for the players that want it. Dont want to spent hours travel to those shity fountains. The first time my character dies and i loose everything, it will be the end for me in this game. Not funny mechanic this non sense stupid age mechanic.

• Like 3

This is where I play Devils Advocate and say:

"If you don't like it, find an unofficial that has it turned off."

2 hours ago, UDO said:

there will be other ways to maintain youth . 

Yes, but shouldn't they disable the mechanism for now then? It should have only been enabled when we had options for countering it.

• Like 3

Would be happy with it if they had bothered to implement ways to counter it before punishing us simply for playing the game

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No if it means you get a permanent debuff unless you do endgame content. (Has any MMO ever used a stick to make you do endgame? it's usually a carrot).

No if it means that players who do the endgame content can accumulate super-man buffs.

Yes if no buffs or debuffs are involved, just a lineage system that passes on your line.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ringo O'Rourke said:

(Has any MMO ever used a stick to make you do endgame? it's usually a carrot).

I was thinking the same thing.

The beatings will continue until you are all having a good time.

It's just a seriously stupid thing.  Seriously.  It's not tied to any greater game mechanic, because there ARE no greater game mechanics. Everything is about as deep as a mud puddle.  For pvp, the idea is Capture the Flag + a bit of survival, which will grow old really quickly.  For pve, it's....well, I'm not sure what it is.  Survival without enough land, and even once you get land, what then?  Build a few small things to clutter up a coastline, go sailing, fight ghost ships and collect "treasure".    Then what?

This age mechanic doesn't help you do any of those meager goals any better.  It's just a doodad stuck on the game with a piece of chewing gum.  The devs need to learn it's not about how hard you make the game, it's about how interesting you make the game.  Throwing alphas and ghost ships and age debuffs at everyone doesn't give them a challenge, because you've given them nothing to attain.    Figure out some interesting way for someone to be a mayor, a spy, a famous master shipbuilder, the head of the warfare council on the pvp servers...then make those goals hard to achieve, and you've got something.  Let an entire server's worth of companies plan and work together to defeat something and build something, after which everyone on the server gets a boon, or a 2x or a benefit of some kind.

Quit taking the players hostage and give them the adventures you promised them.

For more doodads stuck on the game with a piece of chewing gum, see the latest patch notes -  guillotines, submarines, cosmetics and armor skins, and a new dungeon for megas.  That'll keep everyone busy for a week or two.  The new bounty system might add a little more real gameplay to the game, but it's only on pvp.  What it needs is some sort of ruling body to set the bounty and pay it out..some structure, and some reason for some of the companies to want to work together and drop the Lord of the Flies schtick.  That might create some new power struggles that are something other than whacking somebody in the head with a fire arrow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

I was thinking the same thing.

The beatings will continue until you are all having a good time.

It's just a seriously stupid thing.  Seriously.  It's not tied to any greater game mechanic, because there ARE no greater game mechanics. Everything is about as deep as a mud puddle.  For pvp, the idea is Capture the Flag + a bit of survival, which will grow old really quickly.  For pve, it's....well, I'm not sure what it is.  Survival without enough land, and even once you get land, what then?  Build a few small things to clutter up a coastline, go sailing, fight ghost ships and collect "treasure".    Then what?

This age mechanic doesn't help you do any of those meager goals any better.  It's just a doodad stuck on the game with a piece of chewing gum.  The devs need to learn it's not about how hard you make the game, it's about how interesting you make the game.  Throwing alphas and ghost ships and age debuffs at everyone doesn't give them a challenge, because you've given them nothing to attain.    Figure out some interesting way for someone to be a mayor, a spy, a famous master shipbuilder, the head of the warfare council on the pvp servers...then make those goals hard to achieve, and you've got something.  Let an entire server's worth of companies plan and work together to defeat something and build something, after which everyone on the server gets a boon, or a 2x or a benefit of some kind.

Quit taking the players hostage and give them the adventures you promised them.

Thats all. 

Best stupid age system only fuck players.

• Like 1

Not that simple really... I like an age mechanic. I don't like the rate at which I age or the current content to reduce my age. I don't want it to be easy but I also don't want it to be near impossible because of poor implementation.

• Like 1

The age mechanic is a wonderful thing, Once all of it's effects are ingame it will be really cool. People don't realize not all the features are in the game yet, you are buying into Alpha. Later on, the legacy mechanic will come in and the aging system will all make sense to people and will come with benefits.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, octobergamer said:

The age mechanic is a wonderful thing, Once all of it's effects are ingame it will be really cool. People don't realize not all the features are in the game yet, you are buying into Alpha. Later on, the legacy mechanic will come in and the aging system will all make sense to people and will come with benefits.

I'm gonna steal some quotes here.

Until that time the beatings will continue until morale improves.
I feel like the whole purpose of this game is to see who's the last person to rage quit.

2 minutes ago, octobergamer said:

Yeah it "will" be a great mechanic at public launch; It adds Immersion!

Its a terrible idea, at least right now. Most players are probably over 90 and I doubt many players are even capable of doing a PS island yet. Just like half of their other changes though, they are being stupid and doing half of something with fixes coming later on. Once everything for the system is in then okay, maybe it will work out, who knows for sure. But putting in the most basic part of the system, the worst part (debuff) and most difficult part most of the player base isnt even capable of yet (fountain of youth) is just piss poor planning and piss poor design. They need a new game director the way these changes/mechanics are being decided on because this one doesn't seem to have a clue how to do anything other than piss the players off when waiting a couple days or a week could fix it all at once.

• Like 3

What will happen, given the behaviour we have seen in the game from antisocial players, is that big companies will wall off access to the various Fountain locations (there aren't that many places, comparatively speaking) and get the buff whenever they need  it, leaving everyone else as 90+ year-old characters under a permanent debuff.  There will be a few of these companies, not just one or two, and they will keep the youth buff for their members and also blackmail people into paying extortionate prices for access to the Fountain.  It's inevitable.

• Like 1

I like it, it just needs to be reworked so it isn't everyone trying to join the same zone. It is there to incite pvp and give players a reason to keep their character around. The only problem is it's execution.

I have to admit WTF are they thinking of....... great way to kill your game 4 of the guys i play this with have quit and uninstalled all been playing since launch and all 4 have tried to get to the fountain of youth in a group of 9 of us if that's the drop out ratio can't imagine the bigger companies

• Like 2

PLS NO AGE... This is MMORPG or not? ... Need vitamins...freeze,hot, food water...why we want ? We cant enjoy this game.:/ We dont need age system . 🙂 
We need more ship, or more npc if mmorpg! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Drunken_Leprechaun said:

I have to admit WTF are they thinking of....... great way to kill your game 4 of the guys i play this with have quit and uninstalled all been playing since launch and all 4 have tried to get to the fountain of youth in a group of 9 of us if that's the drop out ratio can't imagine the bigger companies

im from big company and i drop the game too, not its hard for me take fountain, but i hate this mechanic system, i drop game and maybe in a future when change this system, im back, because atlas its best game but devs don't makes a good work

• Like 2