Sign in to follow this  
thisgameisallaboutmoney

F this game

I'm done with those garbage respawn rules, the garbage territory claim system and garbage sinking rate, ... It's not even linked to game dev, it's just bad (really bad) game rules. This game is not for casual players, don't buy it, don't play it. Fuck this game, I'm out for good. SIck of coming back and doing the same shit over and over again because this game does not have intuitive / fun rules. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, thisgameisallaboutmoney said:

I'm done with those garbage respawn rules, the garbage territory claim system and garbage sinking rate, ... It's not even linked to game dev, it's just bad (really bad) game rules. This game is not for casual players, don't buy it, don't play it. Fuck this game, I'm out for good. SIck of coming back and doing the same shit over and over again because this game does not have intuitive / fun rules. 

Its boring and no reward for hours of play.

45 minutes ago, Vhalkyrie said:

I also highly recommend unofficial.

NO ONE BUYS THIS STYLE OF GAME THINKING "CANT WAIT TO PLAY UNOFFICIAL!!!

People use this as a god damn cop out for a piss poor game. 

BTW no one goes to unofficial at this point they just quite also I bought a server on day one and all you get is lvl 8 free port its a ripp off!

• Like 1

Well, I am someone.  After getting frustrated with the issues on official, I setup my own private server so my friend and I could continue to play while they worked out these issues.  We would hop onto official from time to time to see what has changed, but it's still a mess.

I have access to the entire world map.

12 minutes ago, Vhalkyrie said:

Well, I am someone.  After getting frustrated with the issues on official, I setup my own private server so my friend and I could continue to play while they worked out these issues.  We would hop onto official from time to time to see what has changed, but it's still a mess.

I have access to the entire world map.

you do not have access to the world if your paying for only one server dude! 

unless your some kind of insider with grapeshot trying to do damage control with the "just play unofficial" comment

No conspiracy theory.  I'm not paying for any server.  It's running on a home system, and I can sail to or startup any grid I want.  There's tons of info in the dedicated server forums, and lots of hundreds of others servers running right now.

Doesn't sound like this is for you, which is totally cool.  I recommend others to check it out.  There are plenty of servers running with great people.

I don't know where this damage control insider thing came from - lol.  If you've read my other posts, you'd know I ain't defending anything they are doing on official...which is why I'm on unofficial.  Because I fundamentally want to play the game, but I dislike their game direction.

Edited by Vhalkyrie

1 minute ago, Vhalkyrie said:

No conspiracy theory.  I'm not paying for any server.  It's running on a home system, and I can sail to or startup any grid I want.  There's tons of info in the dedicated server forums, and lots of hundreds of others servers running right now.

Doesn't sound like this is for you, which is totally cool.  I recommend others to check it out.  There are plenty of servers running with great people.

Fair enough but fact is so many people will never play unofficial servers

• Like 2

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

Fair enough but fact is so many people will never play unofficial servers

Yeah, I get it.  And honestly, I want official not to be a clustf*.  My friend and I want to join a cool PVP company so we can try out some of the other content that isn't possible for us to do 2 man.  But the game isn't there yet.  We're not going to play official right now because it will frustrate us.  We're watching and waiting.

1 minute ago, Vhalkyrie said:

Yeah, I get it.  And honestly, I want official not to be a clustf*.  My friend and I want to join a cool PVP company so we can try out some of the other content that isn't possible for us to do 2 man.  But the game isn't there yet.  We're not going to play official right now because it will frustrate us.  We're watching and waiting.

I have a Nitrado server but it only gives me one map for 14 bucks if i want another map its another 14 bucks that 28 dollars to play a month thats more than WoW and no fucking way Im paying that for this shit.

2 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Its boring and no reward for hours of play.

NO ONE BUYS THIS STYLE OF GAME THINKING "CANT WAIT TO PLAY UNOFFICIAL!!!

People use this as a god damn cop out for a piss poor game. 

BTW no one goes to unofficial at this point they just quite also I bought a server on day one and all you get is lvl 8 free port its a ripp off!

I don't use this as a cop out excuse.
I simply don't have the time or mood/will to deal with the insane grind that is official.
As game is supposed to be fun, and official servers are anything but that :

• Hackers
  • Griefers
  • Trolls
  • Toxic community

I rather spent my time on a box where I can have fun, enjoy the game and play with like minded people without having to worry every 5 minutes whether some idiot comes sailing by to ruin the fun. You want to deal with overpopulated servers that go down constantly cause some idiot think it's hilarious to ddos it or hack it, be my guest.
But that doesn't mean this game is bad because someone over the Internet is ruining the fun.
THAT is actually a cop out excuse to whine.

• Like 1

And for dessert you have the mechanics of age, best shit ever see in my all life on mmorpgs.

I drop game too.

I view unofficial as a toxic community that imposes arbitrary rules where if you are a high skilled official server player, you are punished with bans or base wipes, just because you play the game better than others. I am not talking about using exploits, griefing or anything else, in Ark and DnL, when I transitioned from official to unofficial with my tribe. We got banned from 4 servers in a row, just for playing the game at a high level. We were used to standard gather rates, but when given 5x, 10x or any higher rates for that matter, we would be accused of exploiting, just because we had min/maxed and built up very quickly and when we PVPed we used the meta from official, and easily attacked poorly built bases, even when the defenders were online and ready to defend. Getting banned because you are better players, sucks, having to dumb down to the "unofficial" low level of play, sucks. 
Dealing with a couple of autoturrets, single walls, and random low level dinos and people that just are not good at PVP, is nothing to a organized group used to dealing with far, far, far, more defenses and better defensive tactics. Showing up and only using 10% of your prepared gear for the attack, because you assume that people are going to have far more, because of the higher gather rates, is rather disappointing.

They are filled with toxic mods that will ban you at the drop of a hat, just because you do better than they do, especially if they are part of one of the groups that play on the server.

The only unofficial server that I enjoyed was a DnL one where the mod treated the server like a Dungeons and Dragons game and he was the dungeon master. He didn't care what we did to each other, and was not part of a group. He just wanted to build and develop adventures for us to go on using the in-game assets and monsters.  He gave us rewards via better gear for defeating the challenges he put before us. That was the only good unofficial server I have ever played on.

Edited by Evir

We just play a private password locked server with a small group of friends.  We're enjoying ship building and base building in a sandbox.  We've learned a lot about ship building, and hunting SOD.  If it wasn't for unofficial, we wouldn't be playing at all right now.  We haven't really touched the official servers since the issues with the claims, ship sinking exploits, and now the fountain fiasco.  We want to join official for larger scale content like ship to ship battles especially, but we know we would just be frustrated and not having fun.  We're having fun on our private unofficial.

4 hours ago, thisgameisallaboutmoney said:

See you in game tomorrow.

14 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

See you in game tomorrow.

Mayne not tomorrow, but at some point he’ll be back. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Mayne not tomorrow, but at some point he’ll be back. 

Not really true since the Mega tribes might own the whole map and if you spawn in are destroyed right away.

1 minute ago, Sneakydude said:

Not really true since the Mega tribes might own the whole map and if you spawn in are destroyed right away.

Officials aren’t the only ones out there. 

Just now, Percieval said:

Officials aren’t the only ones out there. 

They are for people wanting good pvp, un official is smallish and not everyone is into RP servers. Got a good list of any we can try?

5 hours ago, thisgameisallaboutmoney said:

I'm done with those garbage respawn rules, the garbage territory claim system and garbage sinking rate, ...

Don't forget the utterly garbage ageing system.  😄

51 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

They are for people wanting good pvp, un official is smallish and not everyone is into RP servers. Got a good list of any we can try?

Well doing a bit of research  can result in great things. There are already some 6x6 servers out there people can try. 

56 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Well doing a bit of research  can result in great things. There are already some 6x6 servers out there people can try. 

Ive done many searches and unable to find this so called larger hive servers setup for pvp. Not expecting it to be 1000 per zone or anything but something decent. Not these 30 player max servers randomly around the un offical sites. I can host my own 30 cap server from home and play it with a couple of friends. So you see the 6x6 is RP server, and 3x3 of the 9x9 is whitelisted. But the point being its RP, and has many restrictions to real pvp. Ill keep searching something has to come up but in the mean time, please do tell if you find a good community for us, because these devs  sure want us to quit on official.

Edited by Sneakydude

3 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Ive done many searches and unable to find this so called larger hive servers setup for pvp. Not expecting it to be 1000 per zone or anything but something decent. Not these 30 player max servers randomly around the un offical sites. I can host my own 30 cap server from home and play it with a couple of friends. So you see the 6x6 is RP server, and 3x3 of the 9x9 is whitelisted. But the point being its RP, and has many restrictions to real pvp. Ill keep searching something has to come up but in the mean time, please do tell if you find a good community for us, because these devs  sure want us to quit on official.

Actually a lot of them are in the pve section because they are pvp and pve combined... and they default to pve when doing that.  The one I play on is pve in a couple zones and pvp everywhere else.