Realist

If you perma died post it here

I would like to see how many people have perma died, so if it happens to you then post it on here.

i think it is time we realize it is time to start over. Most wont get to the fountain of youth and some won’t even bother going through the stress of it. The faster everyone realizes it the faster they can start over. Because in all reality it will happen again the next time you hit 100. 

This will be an every week thing so every week make sure to post it here

Perma death is not in the game yet. It is unlikely they will add it before human breeding. People need to stop worrying about what happens when they hit 100 in the next week or so, nothing will happen. All that happens for now is debuff at 90.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Perma death is not in the game yet. It is unlikely they will add it before human breeding. People need to stop worrying about what happens when they hit 100 in the next week or so, nothing will happen. All that happens for now is debuff at 90.

You see the Debuff? Its Like a Penalty till you do what the Devs want...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jorm said:

You see the Debuff? Its Like a Penalty till you do what the Devs want...

A Tiny piny 10% Debuff is Nothing..... not even worth the time it took to make this Troll-Topic

Edited by Caduryn

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

That has nothing to do with the point I was making.

For some People this Debuff is like Death Penalty. Cold Climate and things like that...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

And so we have THAT to look forward to.

Just now, Jorm said:

For some People this Debuff is like Death Penalty. Cold Climate and things like that...

Still nothing to do with what was being discussed though.

Most games force people to do certain things, nothing new here. The issue here is that it was not introduced at the start. It's just like when things get taken away and nerfed people get upset about it because it got taken away, where as if things were like it from the start people wouldn't have anything to complain about because they wouldn't know anything better as it didn't exist.

The implementation of this debuff was handled poorly yes, it should have been introduced after fountain of youth and human breeding, not at the same time when everyone is already at 90+. But the news of this perma death, debuff, fountain of youth and human breeding is nothing new, it was known before Atlas even released so it should have been expected. Just unfortunate the implemenation wasn't better.

Just so you are aware, I am playing solo on Official PvE and am already 94 years old, so i'm affected just as much as everyone else that won't be able to reach fountain of youth.

• Like 3

Yes we knew from the beginning there will be aging and stuff but no one expected the fountain of youth quest to be THAT bad (really if that's their idea of content i'm out) or that aging will be added before we even have an alternative to going for the fountain.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

Yes we knew from the beginning there will be aging and stuff but no one expected the fountain of youth quest to be THAT bad (really if that's their idea of content i'm out) or that aging will be added before we even have an alternative to going for the fountain.

As I said the implementation of it all was poorly done, not denying that. However, the current state of fountain of youth is unlikely to remain this way forever, because i'm sure there will be balancing carried out on it. It's all part of the process.

5 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

As I said the implementation of it all was poorly done, not denying that. However, the current state of fountain of youth is unlikely to remain this way forever, because i'm sure there will be balancing carried out on it. It's all part of the process.

There's nothing to fix when the core idea is flawed. It should be some glorious quest where you uncover clues to the whereabouts of the fountain as you travel maybe, not just a place full of stupidly overpowered monsters that you visit every 3 weeks on your quest of becoming a +200% to everything superpirate.

Edited by LaiTash
  • Like 1

Be advised the Op does not own Atlas. Anything he says relating to gameplay or mechanics is based upon secondhand information, not his own play experience. His post history will also document that he has been caught lying and engaging in double speak within the past week or so.

I don't think you can actually die yet, will have to see. If not, i'm not going to rush to the fountain, frustrating as the debuff maybe, already die constantly to mobs and other effects lol, so won't make me feel anymore different than I already do

I'm not going to rush to the fountain.  My toon is 95 today.  With the massive debuffs, there isn't really anything that is worth doing on the official servers.  My buddy and I just have a little sloop; no claims or anything else of attachment.  I actually want my character to make it to 100 and see what happens.  I don't know if the death mechanic is enabled yet, but I want to see what happens.  If I have to reroll and start over at level 1, then I won't be playing official in the future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Ho shut up already with the cheap EA defense, those fucking caves with clipping terrain and the lv 200 bats were exactly the same 5 years ago in Ark when it launched... For fuck sake, wake up already. If they weren't able to made those caves at least playable in 5 years or whatever since Ark launch ,how the fuck are they going to do anything in the next 2 years? Personally i already downloaded and played an other game, no fucking way i'm going further into this. So ye count me as a perma death.

2 hours ago, LaiTash said:

its bad cos it was just released and everyone rushed to it , let the dust settle it will be a lot better 

they do need to change it so we can access it at any age , not just after 90 , 

leave after 90 for the stat boost but anytime before just resets ages to 20 no buffs

Edited by UDO

50 minutes ago, UDO said:

its bad cos it was just released and everyone rushed to it , let the dust settle it will be a lot better 

It will still be shit excuse for content, just not that laggy.

Edited by LaiTash