Jozzie McTowel

game-over Increasing amount of unhappy customers.

1 hour ago, Lynx said:

I don't think you will get an official response. These devs are known for being terrible at communication. Their best platform is twitter, which isn't real communication with its low character limits.

On twitter they cherrypick what they answer so it's not a good way to communicate to them either, massive negative posts on each tweet that comes from sailtheatlas & jat so yeah, even linked this topic there alot and they don't respond.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 3:01 PM, Lynx said:

I don't think you will get an official response. These devs are known for being terrible at communication. Their best platform is twitter, which isn't real communication with its low character limits.

I've seen Jat reply to some general discussion topics the last few days so let's hope by bringing this back up he might for once do the right thing 😄

1 minute ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

I've seen Jat reply to some general discussion topics the last few days so let's hope by bringing this back up he might for once do the right thing 😄

Like i said before, the damage has already been done. Its rapid repair right now. You cheat, you destroy the game, you leave key bugs, exploits in and for all sake leaving the admin menu in official and the population will go cya...

Spending 60 hrs a week to have all your stuff popcorn within 10 minutes is totally game breaking for some. Happens once, you cry, happens twice, you slow down playing, happens 3 times you usually slap yourself in the face and move on to a different game.

These young people these days, developing a game they have no idea what is right and wrong... Just throw it out there.... and expect the public to hash it up. I love the game really i do, but no way will i ever play official or maybe another game from these guys. Its just a hacker crapfest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So over a month now and still no official reply in here ... Keep updating this shitshow Jat, at one point you'll have more updates out than players online.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

So over a month now and still no official reply in here ... Keep updating this shitshow Jat, at one point you'll have more updates out than players online.

For what you need a reply?

Read the patch notes, they fixed a lot of stuff! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

Month

Avg. Players Gain % Gain      Peak Players
Last 30 Days      11,877.5 -14,764.3      -55.42%      25,026
January 2019      26,641.8 -12,673.8 -32.24%      55,297
December 2018      39,315.6 - -      58,788

Thanks man. Really helpfull. 

11 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:
Month    Avg. Players Gain % Gain    Peak Players
Last 30 Days    9,652.5    -1,732.6    -15.22%    20,360
February 2019    11,385.1    -15,256.7    -57.27%    25,026
January 2019    26,641.8     -12,673.8    -32.24%    55,297
December 2018    39,315.6    -    -    58,788

Meanwhile the game goes to peaks of just over 5k players and dropping as low as 2500. Soon there will be only trolls left who say they play this game but actually all they do is sit here on the forum being nay sayers to us doomsayers 😄 Some of them even have 1000 posts on forum telling people how great the game is, I wonder if they ever even played it themselves as well.

why are you even here to post your randomstuff? Do you think we care about you?

What do you expect? People keep playing 24/7 when wipe is coming in 2 weeks? Ofc there is a wipebased drop. But without a necessary wipe there would be less players left.

It's funny how some salty people wish the project to die and even spam the forum after leaving. You must be a poor bored guy

sorry you are not even worth reading your post. go cry for 20 bucks, maybe your mother will pay you some more for her lonely little piece of crap

46 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:
Month    Avg. Players Gain % Gain    Peak Players
Last 30 Days    9,652.5    -1,732.6    -15.22%    20,360
February 2019    11,385.1    -15,256.7    -57.27%    25,026
January 2019    26,641.8     -12,673.8    -32.24%    55,297
December 2018    39,315.6    -    -    58,788

Meanwhile the game goes to peaks of just over 5k players and dropping as low as 2500. Soon there will be only trolls left who say they play this game but actually all they do is sit here on the forum being nay sayers to us doomsayers 😄 Some of them even have 1000 posts on forum telling people how great the game is, I wonder if they ever even played it themselves as well.

I’m more interested in the numbers at the wipe and the month after. I think the people still playing at this moment are mostly on unofficial. We’re at a breaking point right now, with the wipe incoming, content running out for many players..  this update needs to be majestic or else it will just go back to 5K again. 

6 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

If they still plan to put all that submarine content behind the Kraken there isn't much new content for the average players out there who haven't set foot yet on a powerstone island or tried to to end game stuff at all. Most will return after wipe to grind their way back to what they had pre-wipe just to realize besides some extra islands and a new biome there isn't much new to explore because they still have to go through the first part of the game again.

And that’s why it’s very hard to manage a game like this. I mean sure the game is good. It has a very good thought out idea behind it. But after a month you’re back to where you were. And then what, in my opinion ship battles and raids and everything are completely dead because of the animals, why raid other people if you can get the same stuff even faster and without wasting resources. There isn’t a real goal; there are no leaderboards like ‘most feared pirate’ etc (like black flag had). So where’s the challenge. If they optimize ship battles and harbour raids, making it more riskier and make ships harder to build, you get a real challenge and there will actually be leaderboard runners. After that.. i’m not sure what to do next. They could add in royal navy or kill/capture contracts. Giving full reward to a captured target and half if you just sink him. That would give meaning to boarding, because right now - there is none. 

Just now, Percieval said:

And that’s why it’s very hard to manage a game like this. I mean sure the game is good. It has a very good thought out idea behind it. But after a month you’re back to where you were. And then what, in my opinion ship battles and raids and everything are completely dead because of the animals, why raid other people if you can get the same stuff even faster and without wasting resources. There isn’t a real goal; there are no leaderboards like ‘most feared pirate’ etc (like black flag had). So where’s the challenge. If they optimize ship battles and harbour raids, making it more riskier and make ships harder to build, you get a real challenge and there will actually be leaderboard runners. After that.. i’m not sure what to do next. They could add in royal navy or kill/capture contracts. Giving full reward to a captured target and half if you just sink him. That would give meaning to boarding, because right now - there is none. 

They need to bring challenge into treasure hunting, ship battles, raids, rewards for PvP. Bring a challenge into PvE with a royal navy and contracts. Make a challenge with base building etc.. Now it’s just elephant/bear spam v.2173 and here you go. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

I'm sorry your brain has the attention span of a wasp, I'll try to keep it shorter this time. 'The End'

if u say so trashcan. Looks like that brain is more intelligent than yours anyway. ❤️ lonely salty kids

@jozzie mctowel, your post is the best and most precise i have read so far on this forum. Thanks for this!

Question.  Who would you rather communicate with? 

1. Person who speaks clearly with a sense of purpose and respect.

2. Person who slings insults and feces mixed in with valid points? 

Number 2 (pun intended) is what a lot of people choose to do in the forums.  I'd ignore it as well.  I post here to help some, but mostly its the entertainment value.  The conversations happening in regards to Jat and the testers (player base) are not in these forums as its a hell hole in here like most forums across the internet. 

7 hours ago, Percieval said:

I’m more interested in the numbers at the wipe and the month after. I think the people still playing at this moment are mostly on unofficial. We’re at a breaking point right now, with the wipe incoming, content running out for many players..  this update needs to be majestic or else it will just go back to 5K again. 

It really wasn't our fault either, the majority of mega corps cheated big time. I do have info from many players that played in those tribes... AIm bots big time is just one way. Its why i left official, its a pos environment not governed by the devs at all. Its pretending to know the system but for 20 bucks what can we expect.... It ruined my fun on Official.. thanks devs, you know these guys are using it..

I have no faith in the new land claim mechanics other than that too will favour the mega's as they will own every island again from the start and just kick anyone off their island when ever they like and as a small group or solo you can do nothing about it.

So I probably won't even bother playing again.

2 minutes ago, Rats said:

I have no faith in the new land claim mechanics other than that too will favour the mega's as they will own every island again from the start and just kick anyone off their island when ever they like and as a small group or solo you can do nothing about it.

So I probably won't even bother playing again.

they are capped and you can easly hold islands, but well instead of l2p or form a team with other companies just mimimi

Lol such melodrama. Reading this thread is hilarious. It’s like a fountain of salt with no target. 

Thanks for the laughs team. Keep it going. 

I suggest you work together ( all of you despite where you lean option wise) and compromise. If you say you are leaving the game then do it. I’d personally like you to stay and play. This dev team is working hard and in my opinion it really shows. They even humbled themselves and decided the player base was right in saying the direction of PvP was too hardcore. The devs are doing a great job. I pray for many more wipes until everything is ironed out before full release.

This whole mega vs small company talk is crap. The new claim system incentivises small companies working with mega companies for mutual benefit. If you are a small company on pvp I suggest you get some land on a mega company island, build a ship ( or a few) load it with NPCs ( gold from mega company in exchange for goods and services rendered)  and help defend the island you reside on ( your community’s island) against raiders in the designated raid windows. This will make you irreplacable to a mega company.

Owning the claim flag on the island puts a small company in a lot of risk of being wiped. The whole islands tax revenue will end up in the claim owner’s tax bank. That is the equivalent of a tool cupboard in rust ( the primary raid target for a base)  I suggest you approach the claim owner when you join the island and ask if it’s okay to join their island before investing too much. Don’t be a troll and grief anyone else’s base after the claim owner says it’s okay to build. They have the ability to get rid of you. If your claim owner is a total jerk i suggest joining another island and wiping the claim owner. Not the other people living there. They are a commodity. 

If you like you could instead just live on a ship, many island owners will let you build a ship yard and build a brig etc to start out with. you will give them a lot of revenue materials in the form of tax. After that just anchor your ship near the island. That ship is now invulnerable outside of raid windows. Just move that ship to another island when the raid window comes. 

Good luck everyone. I will be making a smaller company this wipe of 20-30 people. Feel free to join. I am leaving my current mega company to play test another playstyle (smaller nomadic company) 

I'll be playing more than ever after the wipe 🙂

Looking fwd to it.   Have abandoned the game right now in lieu of the apoc...  will be back after dooms day  😉

• Like 1