Jozzie McTowel

game-over Increasing amount of unhappy customers.

On 1/20/2019 at 5:19 PM, Jozzie McTowel said:

Go get that Rejuvenation buff/Powerstone you nerfed old naked pirate!

2d564339f53066.jpg

Haha, i also tried D12 on that day and really made it into the cave after 58 deaths.

Unfortunately you need grappling hook/climbing picks to reach the fountain inside.. bad luck.

Today the lag is gone and the light speed cyclopses wont let you come even close to the cave entrance.

So no longer chance to meet and play with the level 6453 one hitting spiders inside the cave.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Talono said:

Haha, i also tried D12 on that day and really made it into the cave after 58 deaths.

Unfortunately you need grappling hook/climbing picks to reach the fountain inside.. bad luck.

Today the lag is gone and the light speed cyclopses wont let you come even close to the cave entrance.

So no longer chance to meet and play with the level 6453 one hitting spiders inside the cave.

That's why the design itself is terrible, it was stupid when everyone had to do it at the same time and it's stupid now as it's nearly impssible to do without dying.

Excellent points but I think we need a reminder of what early access is. EA means that the game is in early alpha phase of the development, that it's the first build and will cover just basic functionality. And early alpha indicates that the game concept is being tested and changes are inevitable. Now to test the idea you have to test extremes not following the voice of a tester yet. There are a lot of new concepts in the game, and the complexity of interaction between these require far more data and far more extremes. Take a look at changelog. It's evident that at this stage they are trying to make servers more efficient and this is their priority. 

I'm sure there will be many more changes that some people will hate. I'm also almost sure that we will see wipes and map changes maybe even the scale of islands and ocean on a single server will solve the cramped claims problem.  I'm also sure we will see a lot more content. 

We are not customers, we have paid to be testers of a very an early build of the game. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Talono said:

You don't need anything to get the FoY, just take the correct path up to it and you won't need any grapple or climbing pick.  I did it yesterday without anything, just a naked run in and past everything.

• Like 1

Sadly i have to agree 100%..Loved the game but the direction its heading is terrible. Sadest thing is that they have feedback available from players and not using it.

Wondering what the Community guys doin all day when not interacting with the community 😕

• Like 2

On 1/20/2019 at 11:41 AM, Scorpionshawn said:

Here is the biggest problem. The devs do not know their own game and they are in constant denial about player concerns.

The devs also are in love with the idea that they want to be this BIG GAME developers like Blizzard and the problem is they are not and never will be.

So they push BIG COMPANY in atlas every step of the way even though not one single server can handle two big companies battles let alone just a 500 player company meeting.

Prof of this was last night at the fountain of youth less there 70 people in one spot lag the game down so bad it was laughable. 

You want us to buy into that their is going to be massive sea battles rofl with what 15 maybe 20 people at best because thats all the servers can handle.

YOUR GAME IS SURVIVAL!!!     NOT TEAM BATTLE MEDAL OF HONOR!!!

I might remind you that even Blizz tried that shit and STILL has issues with server capacity. AQ40 opening anyone? How about the myriad of other wow server issues that crop up from too many people in a single server location. Even eve online had that issue for yearrrrss until they implemented TiDI so you can play the game at 1/10th speed >.> that being said this game's devs are painting a larger futuristic goal to achieve, and to expect a 500 man battle at sea or on an island is a bit unreasonable on your part for a game less than a year old still in EA status. I am not saying don't complain about the issues, because that's how problems get solved when awareness is brought forward, but this whole forum teeters on the brink of excessive complaining out of getting butthurt over being oversold on a game that let's face it is in its infancy in development. A lot of people expected a triple-A title release stability and that expectation left them feeling pissed and frustrated.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Yok said:

Perfect game, but it's done just to raise money .. After 200 hours of gameplay, you get involved in completing the "The Fountain Of Youth" mission, I do not know the problem of the developers when creating this QUEST, I think they are crazy no notion and never played a game in life.

How do you do a mission where the only goal is to run like a retard all day in the direction of some failure of the high level NPC milaners and impossible to kill, allow you to enter the cave, where you have to divert more NPC inside the cave , this if they do not play in the passage and ti kill in 1 or 2 hit, and this everything to arrive in Light on top of a platform (that is not active at all instant of the day) press E and remove the debuff due to age of the character?

Seriously you did not do a mission where you would have to kill some crit drople some items, go somewhere and finish or something more interactive, instead of that RUSH?

I like you. Straight to the point every time 👍

kudos

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tobias said:

I might remind you that even Blizz tried that shit and STILL has issues with server capacity. AQ40 opening anyone? How about the myriad of other wow server issues that crop up from too many people in a single server location. Even eve online had that issue for yearrrrss until they implemented TiDI so you can play the game at 1/10th speed >.> that being said this game's devs are painting a larger futuristic goal to achieve, and to expect a 500 man battle at sea or on an island is a bit unreasonable on your part for a game less than a year old still in EA status. I am not saying don't complain about the issues, because that's how problems get solved when awareness is brought forward, but this whole forum teeters on the brink of excessive complaining out of getting butthurt over being oversold on a game that let's face it is in its infancy in development. A lot of people expected a triple-A title release stability and that expectation left them feeling pissed and frustrated.

Nah, that big of a sea battle isn’t unreasonable for him this early. What’s unreasonable is that this company thinks it can happen in 5 years let alone 2 lol

12 hours ago, Tobias said:

Well after you saw the trailer they made I would blame anyone really 😂

• Like 1

Well these are good news, i will start a new round of fire elemental tetris later on😊

• Like 1

So this morning the total amount of people on Steam who were playing/running Atlas were sub 10k, divided over 4 official 'wannabe" 40k players servers + unofficial. I guess there is a lot of land to claim now with their latest announcements, too little to late imo.

• Like 2

B70EBA322315DCC10D9127414E6E759020E8A901

ACC6A1C8E5B9ED2CEDE2159FA8DDE9350831C9C3the player was still moving with normal speed ( with over 5k in his inv. )  Supp.Ticket still  unanswered , over 2 weeks.
just quit playing this shit!!!!

Edited by cavedog
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

So I logged in today after 10 days of not touching the game, seems my land claim was taken cuz with their latest update sleepers no longer contests claimed flags, now for this being my own fault is ok, I wasn't online for 10 days but what I noticed was that there were only 15 players online, the ping was still 80+ and I will check again in 10 days. What my biggest concern is now that sleepers no longer contest, players who had land claims who aren't able to play every single day or don't have a big company that is nearly always online are gonna lose their land claims pretty quickly now. The only upside is with each patch they lose about 500-1000 players and they patch alot so it won't take that many weeks before I maybe start "playing" again and just claim what there is to claim, since what else is there to do besides naked runs on end game content.

Edited by Jozzie McTowel
  • Like 1

Excuses are no easy thing to do. Much harder than playing bullshit bingo or doing the troll checklist.

And finally the random internet tough guys: everything is so easy and your just to dumb to play! Seems like they need this forum to show those with serious concerns how hard they are, in their snowflake phantasies.

For you trolls who probably read this, there is a guy called Paul Watzlawick. If you are really interested in how communication works and how not to completely suck at it, try to read stuff of this brilliant person. WARNING: could be tldr; but don´t complain then if you still suck at simple communication.

@jozzie mctowel: still the best post in this forum, thanx for that.

• Thanks 1

I'm having a very good time with the game, so is my company. but we don't pvp. please don't nerf more PVE for the sake of PVP 🙂

26 minutes ago, Charles U Farley said:

For you trolls who probably read this, there is a guy called Paul Watzlawick. If you are really interested in how communication works and how not to completely suck at it, try to read stuff of this brilliant person. WARNING: could be tldr; but don´t complain then if you still suck at simple communication.

Offtopic, cuz i am surprised someone knows P. W. in this Forums.

I liked Paul's Constructivism, even its already refuted (sort of).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Defixio said:

I'm having a very good time with the game, so is my company. but we don't pvp. please don't nerf more PVE for the sake of PVP 🙂

Oh they are going to all right. They love their pvp players. You are the red headed step child to be honest

I gave up a couple of weeks ago, mainly due to the ship sinking bug but to be honest that was just the catalyst, everything about this game is just ill thought out, lazy and disorganised. It feels like a bunch of people sat down and said 'let's make a pirate mmo' and that was abouts the length and breadth of it, everything else was just thrown in with no overall plan or end goal, except money.

One thing is for sure, any future games grapeshot are involved in will be met with a high degree of caution before i part with any money, there are better, more organised companies out there who understand that a quality product is what brings in cash, not EA shit like this.

• Like 3

This topic is getting moldy so old it is without an official reply, we are now in the week where during weeknights we can't even get above 20k players on Atlas, divided over 4 officials and a gazillion unofficial servers. Few more weeks and you can have 1 company per grid owning the place, will be real fun when servers get low pings due to the lack of players. Each update they said a % improvement on server stability was more the % of players expected to stop playing with each performance update.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jozzie McTowel said:

without an official reply,

I don't think you will get an official response. These devs are known for being terrible at communication. Their best platform is twitter, which isn't real communication with its low character limits.