Jozzie McTowel

game-over Increasing amount of unhappy customers.

They are unable to fix anything properly, people griefing ships because they can pick up more from the ground than they should be able to, well devs fix is let people glitch out on ships that aren't theirs when trying to enter them rather than fixing the real bug being people able to pickup too many items, log out, log back in, only have 250/250 weight until they drop an item or split their stack in their inventory for it to show the real weight again. So now people just hang from ladders on boats who didnt' pull those up and encumber it like that or just toss items on the deck for it to get encumbered. If they made it impossibru for ppl to get overweight in the first place even the ship dropping method would require a lot of players to sink a ship that way cuz the items dissapear rather quick.

Their claim that one of their dev's steam accounts got hacked is also a blatent lie, claiming this wouldn't occur again it only was an invitation to cheaters and hackers to show how quick they could fuck up their network once again. Not to forget that there are countless reports from cheaters and hackers being submitted via their ticket system which are going unanswered where these cheaters and hackers are going on with their malpractices until this very day (if servers were up though).

Everything they claim to fix they break it even harder, my two examples are just two of them, I bet alot of dissatisfied customers could come up with plenty more stuff.

Oh and not to forget their wonderous Fountain of Youth they implemented while about all players in game who have a character since launch are now receiving a very nice age debuff which they can only get removed when they travel to a Golden Age area where all people have to be right now and it only can hold up to 150 players in theory, in practice this wouild mean about 50 players to play it as it's meant to be played. But right now people just have to run through the lagfast that it is naked and hope for the best to reach the magic sparkles at the end of the cave. Same goes for powerstones apparently the much anticipated and praised end game they are trying to fix with each patch while their core game mechanics are broken beyond recognition. How are people supposed to play this game when everything is bugged and we have to find workarounds just to be able to progress in nearly each part of this game rather than playing as intended.

Far worse might be the interaction the devs have with this community, far too many people havea already noted and stated that they mostly listen to cringy streamers and crybabies in general rather than looking at these forums and see the daily return of many topics where players are most frustrated about. No they gonna nerf all kinds of stuff cuz some half ass streamer is giving them a bad rep about it on stream. The only thing those devs want is to keep this game look like it's shiny and fun on the streams until they raked in enough of our hard earned cash. Because let's face it, they robbed us from our money to let us play this aggrevating crappy coded "so-called-pirate-mmo". If I wanted to grind my ass of for materials I would have kept playing 7 days to die or would have reinstalled minecraft to have a better experience in harvesting and building stuff without having to fear that none of my work is still there when I log back in.

Let's have a look at the two twitters that are posting most of Atlas news and updates, now the official Atlas twitter is probably not into replying anyone at all just for posting update news and patch notes when Needed. Jatheish on the other hand is far more active with giving the community constant updates when shit goes wrong but also keeps posting ETA's that are never and are always late. Even seen people complain once about an ingame server message stating servers will restart or go down in 20 minutes, so players were rushing to a safe haven when on sea or make sure they got inside a house to logout before server goes down, what happens, server goes down only 5 minutes after that message appeared, making alot of players unable to logout safely with all the negativity as a result, players losing just their gear and die once ok very annoying, but those who never had a fair chance to park their boat somehwere lost alot of progress once again.

Now besides their shitty communication skills and their non-existant clock reading skills the only one who replies to certain tweets is Jatheish, the pain in the ass there is that he only replies to either positive comments or comments that have no informational value what so ever. Like last night he replied to a guy asking how often he must have said a certain word this year already whlist the majority of replies on his tweets are about the cheaters, the bugs, the game not being fun in general, those replies are being straight out ignored just as most of the topics are being ignored here on this forum by any official person. They implemented moderators and community admins, god knows why because the ones who should be more active on this forum are the devs, they should learn how to use their eyes and brain at the same time and read the massive reports of players that are begging for fixes in areas they have ignored since launch. Yet they bring out and even brag about their new features while the core mechanics of this game are still broken, people are still playing on 250 ping servers whilst having to deal with all the buggy shit that comes with predators, land claims, ship building, alphas, cheaters, hackers, and now we have rollbacks and constant patches that break stuff just a simple like doors no longer opening, if someone would just run the software they managed to  compile before they release it as an update they can prevent so many gamebreaking issues with each patch they release but nope, we are the guinneepigs, we are the rats in the wheels and why? Like most paid forumtrolls state here it's an Early Access game you should have known what u signed up for...

It's early access I get it, but doesn't that mean that what it describes in the EA stuff is that they are taking notes from customer feedback and listening to their playerbase on how to improve things? I've seen their Twitch live Q+A stream and I can tell you, there was no real Q+A part, it was just them talking about things they gonna implement while the playerbase is crying on the twitch chat to be aknowledged and to point out that devs are just ignoring the whole Black Butterfly incident by not even mentioning it once in their nearly 2 hour talk. To be honest the best description of that stream I read on this forum somewhere was someone saying those 4 guys at the mental hospital got some time off together and placed in a room with a webcam, this made my day just that little bit better because let's be honest, this weekend was horrible for those who actually took the time to play the game. Rollbacks, Fountain of Youth and Rollbacks.

This fountain of youth thing is so poorly designed and shows how badly these developers are connected with their playerbase,  we had freeport at launch that was overpopulated and with that mechanic they were lucky enough that there were plenty of freeports (and lawless areas) where people could eventually spawn, it wasn't enough for launch but it was somewhat managable. Right now u have to have the entire population of one server (NA PVE fe) to rush to one single grid where that fountain of youth is at, one grid that can hold 150 players maximum (in theory but in practice u get a ping of 250). So let's say about 5-10k players who have started near launch are now all over age 90 and have a debuff for being that old implemented on them whilst they dont' have the alternative at hand to make babies in game they are all forced at the same time with a serious debuff to find that fountain of youth before their character dies permanently losing all the progress and gear and landclaims and boats (if u play solo or have really small company where u all die before reaching it). So yeah, if one of those devs would ever have played on an official server and had to deal with all the previous bullshit before even thinking about going to a fountain of youth together will the rest of the playerbase at the same time they would have never implemented such a feature without having alternatives for breeding or even releasing something that makes us all get a random younger age. Cuz this issue will repeat itself in a couple of weeks when EVERYONE who's now 20 again will be at the age of 90 again, and yea you have to be 90+ to get a nice buff each time you go back after the age of 90+ you get a buff over your buff.

So tell me, am I exaggerating anything here? People who played this game for a few weeks now know very well that the way Grapeshot throws out updates is like a blind man playing darts, throw as hard and as fast as you can and see if one hits the bullseye, more misses than hits in this field. There are some obvious forum trolls here of which I hope they aren't being paid by Grapeshot to keep the negativity down by having so many people countering it with rediculous answers as: git gud, or learn to play, or game isn't made for soloing. I get it it's an MMO, but people all have to start out solo and the game mechanic only let's u stay on newbie island (freeport) until lvl 8 which is so low your chances of survival outside freeport are really small when u play alone and start to find land to claim to build a ship in case u want to start your own company and not become another companies slave to go pick cotton or other resources all day long whilst the guys who run the big companies get to play command & conquer while u play minecraft/lumberjack simulater.

They already stole our money after their terrible launch and steam still refuses to do refunds even when u try to explain all the issues ot them in a lenghty conversation like this one, u still get standard replies and support staff doesn't read your sentences the way you have written them. When I write: my first 20 hours of "gametime" were me sitting in main menu trying to login to a server. They read: you played 20 hours and thus Steam will not refund you after this much gametime. Now we all knew steam support can also be a pain in the ass sometimes, now we have to deal with Atlas dev team and Steam Support simultaniously. For those who gonna be trolls and say why u still play when u wanted refund and can only complain about it? Because I got robbed of my 25$ while Steam refuses to refund the damn thing due to timer things I felt obligated to play and see if I can still get fun out of it after each update and patch, as most of you trolls claim it's EA and (might/will) get better. Well it doesn't, they break the experience for most of us with each update they roll out or roll back.

I would also like to ask my fellow pirates who have had enough of this idiotic way things are going to just spam Jat and Atlas tweets as soon as they pop up with youtube videos of griefers, cheaters, bugs, glitches, anything that shows what a poor product this is to make sure they aren't fooling other people into buying this game until it might actually be playable. Please don't hesitate to even copy past my entire post here to spread the message on reddit, other forums or just in here in case mods think this should be deleted, as I have read from several users on this forum that posts about their incompetence get deleted sometimes.

Good luck to all of those who are still trying to play the game after all these things that happened, but for me it was over a few days ago, I'm done grinding to establish a little base and some boats on my own, I know it's not of solo players, but if u started this game with 5 friends and end up alone after a few days into the game u don't feel like joining a big company just yet, u try to build up a base and boat to show your friends and hope they want to play on from that part since they could skip the grindy part, but nope, it's so bad that they refuse to play it any longer and me myself have jumped ship and joined their boat, not playing boat. I will keep being a pest to this company until A: this game is a proper playable game (don't count on it). B: they refund this game to me (depending on steam here). As long as I feel like being ripped off, I'll be ripping on these nitwits as well.

This is what I picture how the game Atlas itself feels like if it were alive:

tenor.gif?itemid=7391186

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Yup, you pretty much summed it up. Not more to say really.

Nice job on the Topic.

Lets pray Jat or Dollie actually bother to read this and do something about it.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Charles U Farley said:

@jozzie mctowel, your post is the best and most percise i have read so far on this forum. Thanx for this!

The sad part is I could continue to rant about so many other broken things but then I'm pretty sure nobody would have the time to read it.

• Like 2

Just now, Charles U Farley said:

looks like flappy bird, but less fair than that.

I wish these devs had the same mentality as the flappy bird dev had, he asked for his own game to be deleted from the appstores.

• Like 2

Here is the biggest problem. The devs do not know their own game and they are in constant denial about player concerns.

The devs also are in love with the idea that they want to be this BIG GAME developers like Blizzard and the problem is they are not and never will be.

So they push BIG COMPANY in atlas every step of the way even though not one single server can handle two big companies battles let alone just a 500 player company meeting.

Prof of this was last night at the fountain of youth less there 70 people in one spot lag the game down so bad it was laughable. 

You want us to buy into that their is going to be massive sea battles rofl with what 15 maybe 20 people at best because thats all the servers can handle.

YOUR GAME IS SURVIVAL!!!     NOT TEAM BATTLE MEDAL OF HONOR!!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Here is the biggest problem. The devs do not know their own game and they are in constant denial about player concerns.

The devs also are in love with the idea that they want to be this BIG GAME developers like Blizzard and the problem is they are not and never will be.

So they push BIG COMPANY in atlas every step of the way even though not one single server can handle two big companies battles let alone just a 500 player company meeting.

Prof of this was last night at the fountain of youth less there 70 people in one spot lag the game down so bad it was laughable. 

You want us to buy into that their is going to be massive sea battles rofl with what 15 maybe 20 people at best because thats all the servers can handle.

YOUR GAME IS SURVIVAL!!!     NOT TEAM BATTLE MEDAL OF HONOR!!!

Indeed if they were actually playing it like everyone else on official servers they would know that their additions aren't going to improve the way people experience this game in most cases. Not if those additions are half baked solutions or implementations of half a feature.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, grzegorz131 said:

one inportatant info: decs dont care

They sure don't but let's give em some slack until Monday for once, but don't get your hopes up.

• Like 2

I don't get it. I think they addressed all my immediate concerns in the last patch, other than bugs and performance and they addressed what most people seemed to be whining about as well. The hacking is obviously still an issue, but I'm pretty sure they're working hard on that too. I get the age thing is annoying, Im at age 78 atm so I'm not suffering bad, but other than that.. Spot on imo. 

I do think they need an active presence kn their forums, however... 

1 hour ago, prodesu said:

I don't get it. I think they addressed all my immediate concerns in the last patch, other than bugs and performance and they addressed what most people seemed to be whining about as well. The hacking is obviously still an issue, but I'm pretty sure they're working hard on that too. I get the age thing is annoying, Im at age 78 atm so I'm not suffering bad, but other than that.. Spot on imo. 

I do think they need an active presence kn their forums, however... 

Good to hear that at least some players like you, have them concerns been addressed. Mine get shred into pieces from update to update. Most of my concerns where solved in ARK development years ago, but it seems the devs want to repeat the process of making gamebreaking mistakes again with Atlas. Also i don´t think they are "working" hard on solving the hacking and griefing problem, simple answer why: the would not have the time to invent more bullshit ideas like op sotd, cyclons happen every five minutes and last but not least age mechanics, i simply can´t find any chance of having fun with beeing forced to do something in an open world sandbox game. That´s like making a racing game where you only can win if you are good at jump n run part of it.

An active presence of developers in forums is an absolut must! Everything else is egotripping development.

I simply whish the developers would start to make the things work that are already in the game, instead of putting more stuff into it that makes the game look like a messy´s household.

Edited by Charles U Farley

The fountain of youth for my age 95 player is absolutely hands fucking down the most ridiculous thing ive done in any god damn game. 

• Like 6

They should just have done what my new unofficial server has done: disable ageing until we have an acceptable system. 

And having to play 36 hours continuously just to raise your offspring is NOT acceptable. I hope raising your offspring is not like raising bears.

• Like 1

i'm really NOT unhappy about the game, i love it, YES they have a lot of Feature not finished, incomplet, or uninteresting, for me the only way to make the game better it's to work with the Dev by Sugestions, and respectfull advice. it's NOT because we think Dev's Dont Respect us we need to be Rude with them.

YES i'm a Carebear 🙂 deal with it ! 

Edited by ReilanT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, ReilanT said:

i'm really NOT unhappy about the game, i love it, YES they have a lot of Feature not finished, incomplet, or uninteresting, for me the only way to make the game better it's to work with the Dev by Sugestions, and respectfull advice. it's NOT because we think Dev's Dont Respect us we need to be Rude with them.

you want leaving the Adventure, Well Take care, a lot of other Game release soon 🙂 

Me ? i try to continue to support the Dev's with respectfull advice or suggestions. 

YES i'm a Carebear 🙂 deal with it ! 

I really don´t want to offend you by any means, but i can´t find a single suggestion or advice topic for the devs made by you? That confuses me a little bit.

Edited by Charles U Farley

27 minutes ago, Charles U Farley said:

I really don´t want to offend you by any means, but i can´t find a single suggestion or advice that you made in all of your posts? That confuses me a little bit.

why you offend me ? or maybe you have not read all or you really try to offend me 😛 but i'm a kind old player.

- i have proposed to Syncro age systeme by the in game time

- i participate and continue to support the Claim limitation by compagny not by players

- i support other player suggestion when i think she's good 🙂 

After it's not a game to see who make more Advice or Sugestion than other, it to make with respect and kindness

Best regard 

Edited by ReilanT
  • Like 1

I can totally understand you love the game. But please understand that people who take their time to criticise the game and the developers decisions might love the game too. That is what carebears do, trying to understand peoples behavior. Empathy can be demanding from time to time.

"you want leaving the Adventure, Well Take care, a lot of other Game release soon 🙂 " as i´m an old person too i know what sarcasm is and what´s the purpose of sarcasm. 😉

11 minutes ago, Charles U Farley said:

"you want leaving the Adventure, Well Take care, a lot of other Game release soon 🙂 " as i´m an old person too i know what sarcasm is and what´s the purpose of sarcasm. 😉

damn i really dont have write this with idea to be sarcastic and i will remove this if this deserve the message a try to vehicule : Critic the game, but make it with respect and good behavior

Well I do not agree to all the bad technical stuff, steal my money and can't read the clock (OP you should look up the term ETA first).

But two points I totally agree:

Grapeshot does not give us normal players the feeling, they are listening to us.

The Fountain of Youth is the crappiest game mechanic seen for a long time.

And just in case, some devs are really reading this post:

Me and my crew are members of a 120+ german player community and we are testing out this game. We have promoted your game within our community despite all the negactive comments on stream. I personally really don't know, why you get so much hate - I have played ARK for 1400+ hours and like it until the TEC updates. But with your current path of development decisions, most of my crew will stop promoting the game and sooner or later stop playing or leaving the official server at least.

Being in the advertising business in RL for more than 20 years, loosing 50 potential new contacts does not sound much (1250 USD minus steam fees), but maybe we are not the only crew of a player community out there. So maybe you should try harder to listen to your player base, who are part of smaller and medium player groups. You need to sell fresh copies and word-of-mouth promotion can be very powerful.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charles U Farley said:

I can totally understand you love the game. But please understand that people who take their time to criticise the game and the developers decisions might love the game too.😉

It's not the game as such, in a way.  If the Devs made rational decisions on how to implement game mechanics instead of "Hey, let's nerf Taming.  Maybe nerf Firearms, no, let's nerf Fire Arrows, or possibly we could fix a weight exploit by trapping people on boats they jump across to get to their own boat?"  Then there's the Utter Classic "Here's good one, lol.  How about we let the suckers age to 90 in three or four weeks, suddenly hit everyone with an age debuff, then expect them to run through End-Game, Alpha-infested islands and caves overrun with predators to try and get it fixed.  Oh, and, for even MORE fun, let's make the source of the cure bounce around the map and even if they find it - the sneaky bastards! - we'll ensure SO MANY players, corpses and ships are jammed into the place the lag will make it damn nigh impossible!  That's just PvE though - bad though PvE will be, PvP will have everyone desperately fighting to protect their spawns and some of them will be trying to stop other players getting in, simply for the shits and giggles. 😄"  I can imagine them wiping away tears of laughter.

The game could be great, if the Devs stopped pissing around.

Edited by Coggage
  • Like 4

I've messaged Jeremy Stieglitz on Twitter with a link to this topic, since Jat himself doesn't want to see the link or even click on it, cuz it's not positive vibes he can respond too. Let's see what happens.

• Like 3