Sign in to follow this  
Wumi Shivers

Oil lamps on hanging hook inventory slot.

I would like to see the hook to hang an oil lamp on to have a extra inventory slot to store oil, which will auto reload the oil inside the lamp.
It is a bit annoying to have to take off the light every time to repair it with oil because it ran out.
I rather just have a stack of oil inside the hook where it auto reloads once it runs out and you got to keep up with the oil inside.

• Like 3

The fact that it is "repaired" using only oil is clearly meant to mimic the action of refilling a real lamp with oil to keep it going.

All they really need to do is allow us to "repair" it in inventory, which would be realistic, as refilling a lamp with fuel is a far less involved procedure than crafting the bloody thing. And make it so the menus and tooltips say "refuel" instead of "repair".

• Like 4

Gas Lighting is has been around in many forms over time.

Without introducing gas/oil pumping and what not, maybe some higher tier lights might be in order.  Maybe a light with post.  It's inventory takes Oil.

The wiki page has some styles and options.  Standing, ceiling mount, etc.

True. Is just a time waster at the moment. If they 're gonna make us run around to every light, could at least let us repair them on site without having to take it off, rep, put it back, and then turn it on. That's a silly amount of steps game mechanics-wise for something as simple as being able to see inside your base/house..

Any of the above suggestions would be a nice QoL fix. 🙂

It's particularly annoying to have to pick up a bunch of different colored lights, repair them at the smithy (argh), and then try to match the colors to where they belong in the build again. Silly, but...

and then you come inside the house you only need to press a keyboard key to turn light on or off. You can probably group lamps into floors or certain room control them with the keyboard button. 🙂 But can be too challenging to implement.

Also come up with another idea. We could actually hire NPC to work in who switch lol lights on at night and off at day time, replace oil and repair house.

On 1/20/2019 at 5:47 AM, Wumi Shivers said:

I would like to see the hook to hang an oil lamp on to have a extra inventory slot to store oil, which will auto reload the oil inside the lamp.
It is a bit annoying to have to take off the light every time to repair it with oil because it ran out.
I rather just have a stack of oil inside the hook where it auto reloads once it runs out and you got to keep up with the oil inside.

Or Allow nearby crewmembers on repair 'fix' them with oil from a resource chest would work too.

While i agree refilling is a small pita, i think devs want it this way, they dont want every ship lit up like a xmas tree, why? Because light is very render intensive. Imagine the lag in golden ruins if every ship abandoned there glowed until inventory ran out with  10 or more lights each, then add the griefers that would add a couple hundred+  on just one galleon ....

Edited by Remo