Sign in to follow this  
Dollie

Emergency Maintenance & NA PVP Rollback

So, why do the Devs have to use steam accounts for admin stuff? This is the second time in two days, and it's a really bad look for the devs. I'm pissed because as near as I can tell, my account got nuked because of this rollback. 140+ hours and at the moment I can't connect in.

• Confused 1

stop playing early access games if you dont like it 😉  easy!  ...and stop complaining ..you should thank the dev`s for actually trying to fix stuffs ! instead of bothering with your complains that you lost some shit ...

Edited by Lazare
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Solomon said:

Made an account to make a note of this...

Was spawned in the water between zones, lost all my equipment.
Came back, lost 4 schooners as well.

Character is about to die...  and was rolled completely back in the start from a 4 hour voyage... I hate this game.

I dont see how u lost 4 schooners.... how is it there fault. you dont give enough evidence. and plus we lost way more than that on the 5 HOUR ROLL BACK. Quit your Yappin and do it again. WE ALL DO!

Spent 2 days building a beautiful schooner with all the fixens. Loaded it with mats.  Sailed it 2 hours to another base. Made it home safe logged off because it was midnight. Woke up to find my ship sank at a Freeport zone and me floating in the water. Spent my 2 days off work building and now I have to go back. Hope the 2x extension helps. I mean I can’t play 24/7. I have a job

9 hours ago, Danielnz00 said:

That's it?  A bull shit extension to a shit ass 2×, what about the people who now have to journey down to get the fountain of youth again 

I am in full agreement. I spent 8+ hours screwing around with that crap yesterday. Broken 014 servers coming down several times and on top of that lost hours and hours worth of farming to not only the exploit rollback but the other times the servers went down without warning and rolled us back enough to screw an hours worth of farming. It may not seem much but an hour here and an hour there add up real F'in quick.  What you guys need to do is just give out the buff to everyone 90+ right now cause you know we were all playing clog the fountain server up all day yesterday. Or at the very least open more fountains screw putting them in ruins areas add lawless and freeport areas to the possible spawns and spawn a few more in obscure areas.

On top of it all are you going to ban people or are we going to go through this again tonight after everyone spent the whole day re-fountain buffing and farming the shit they lost last night.

Edited by Kegstand Mcfarland

Glad to see you guys acknowledging the problem and communicating with the community. Even if there wasn't a fix available yet, it was good to hear you guys know about the problem and are working to fix it. No fix is going to please everyone, and this roll back is probably going to receive a lot of backlash, but you gotta do what you gotta do. 

Edited by Sicam
continuation

6 hours ago, xXDeathXx said:

Can you guys stop with all the rollbacks and just remove items or whatever is exploited next time ffs this is getting stupid for the amount of rollbacks that has been going on lately over exploits/cheats etc... make a good log system so you know things and where they go 🙂 btw thanks for a good game sense Eve Online!

a hacker spawned in a bunch of stuff to mess with a company of streamers and destroy their stuff. no they cant just remove their items.

its fine that u proteckt your selfs against hack and al but then start up the game and sudenly snakes can come trough the doors of our homes ythats fucked up and furter why are we freezing if u build a good home  this is so un real please fix your stuff

So people scream at the developers, not the hackers ?!?

‘what came first’ springs to mind:

the egg or the chicken? 

Or should I say

the hacker or the roll back?

23 hours ago, xXDeathXx said:

Can you guys stop with all the rollbacks and just remove items or whatever is exploited next time ffs this is getting stupid for the amount of rollbacks that has been going on lately over exploits/cheats etc...

To my knowledge, there has been ONE rollback to all servers (just 5 hours) and this ONE rollback of 3hrs which only affected The Kraken's Maw.

People do love to exaggerate. 

PvP official server is not even a PvP anymore. It's hackers and exploiter fest! The worst kind of online gamer's. It's a plague! Grapeshot your game is the worst implementation of game mechanics. Please fix your game and exploits!

Disable all your admin tools already and rewrithe the auth.  You obviously can't be trusted to keep them secure.

I know you guys are in a tight spot and you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. However I fear you are setting a very dangerous president

You wont Rollback - When the game screws up and the Sotd with machine gun cannons sinks everyone's galleons because of a bug. But you will rollback for an exploit that affected a few, far fewer than what was impacted by that bug on both servers. 

Perhaps you can explain it to these guys where they didn't get a rollback and these people deserved a rollback, hmm?

or perhaps explain it to these guys 

On 1/20/2019 at 7:27 AM, Astanias said:

First of all who tells you it was only 1 Person,second quit in front of 750 viewers, ahm they come back i am sure !

Still, THIS Game is in early access ! they can come and say "sorry guys for implementing a new system we wipe all Servers" and thats it ! Early access always means many Bugs and unseen happenings and actions and if you can´t handle that than This kind of Games are maybe not the right thing for you! Btw they said in a Post it was multiple Bans......

There was several people in the discord who also said they were out, and or left days before. Besides that, you miss the point, which is... one guy 2 guys, 5 guys) hacks, gains stuff he didn't work for, then watches all of NA-pvp server lose 3 hours of work. I bet he was laughing hard at that. He lost about 5 mins of investment, everyone else loses. So why would he not do it again. I bet a large company would chip in 5 cents each to get him an account everyday if they wanted to. one guy hacks, 99.999999% of the server suffers for it. I'm not sure it's really a solution, just an oh crap button for the devs. I'm not saying I have a better solution, or the devs do and decided to rollback inspite of that. I'm saying this area needs work. my suggestion is maybe figure out how to rollback just a single tile, or even the adjacent ones, but maybe not roll back 225 of them (I think) over one guy. if you got a better idead than just rolling back something that will probably happen again right after the rollback then totally share it.

Edited by Eyesnthedark

I am more and more shocked reading all this comments ! I have the feeling it is all written by kids between 4 and 8 Years of age!

I can not say it often enough Early access means the Devs kind of can change and do how ever they want! And you all can be sure there will be roll backs and probably even total wipes before the Game finaly gets released in about 2 Years .

You dont like this ? theres a simple solution.........................Dont Play it...

• Like 1