Sign in to follow this  
Dollie

Emergency Maintenance & NA PVP Rollback

An emergency maintenance took place at 09:00 AM UTC which resulted in all our Official Servers being brought offline whilst we investigated a technical exploit. As a result of the exploit, our Official NA PVP Network, The Kraken’s Maw, had received a rollback to approximately 05:45 AM UTC specifically as we were able to backtrack precisely when the issue started to occur with our logging system. All other networks were brought back online with no changes. The damage done was caused by a technical exploit which we have now protected against, no administrator accounts were compromised in this situation. We apologize for the inconvenience and we thank for your patience and understanding during this time.

In regards to action taken, multiple accounts have been banned in relation to this, by ourselves and BattlEye, though the evidence and our extensive logging indicates that this group does not have any specific ties to any one company, but are instead targeting streamers and large or well-known companies. We will continue our investigation and will take action on all involved accounts and companies when we learn of their involvement immediately.

To compensate, we’ll be extending the 2x Bonus Rates until Wednesday. Please be assured that this is a priority for the team and we are working extensively to ensure that it does not occur again.

Sincerely,

Grapeshot Games

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

Thank you! Keep the work going guys. Also wanted to mantion that Damned ship spawns broke after the latest update. Between 2 small islands we have on O4 there are 10 damned ships after the update. Never saw them that much before. 

That's it?  A bull shit extension to a shit ass 2×, what about the people who now have to journey down to get the fountain of youth again 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4

Fantastic! I can't wait to waste another four hours getting to the Fountain of Youth only to get rolled back and the Fountain moved again! Great work! /s

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Danielnz00 said:

That's it?  A bull shit extension to a shit ass 2×, what about the people who now have to journey down to get the fountain of youth again 

..or what about those people who've been in CONSTANT PvP CONFLICT during this time? The loss of materials doesn't mean much, especially when you've been fighting a battle being outnumbered and actually been able to win and repel their attack. The 2x doesn't mean much for those where so much time and intense effort has gone into the game. This are peoples time they're not getting back, and all you can do is 2x bonus rates, that doesn't even remotely compensate for the loss of time and effort.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

honestly anyone wasting so much time sailing to get to the fountain is doing it wrong, go to closest freeport make a ramshackle sloop and 90% of the golden age are 2-4 zones away from a freeport. takes about 10 minutes to make a sloop and at most 1 hour of sailing

Edited by wakkytabbaky
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Danielnz00 said:

happens when rollback  

need a tissue?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wakkytabbaky said:

honestly anyone wasting so much time sailing to get to the fountain is doing it wrong, go to closest freeport make a ramshackle sloop and 90% of the golden age are 2-4 zones away from a freeport. takes about 10 minutes to make a sloop and at most 1 hour of sailing

That would be good if half the time they weren't bugged and you could actually build the sloop 

Lol loaded up because I couldn't sleep. Good thing too rolled back our whole fleet to before we got our treasure maps. Got the fleet home one at a time and now I get to go farm w/e I can find to get gold for our soon to be mutinying crew... 😐

i dont understand why anyones playing a video game when they cant handle wasting their time, like i thought thats what this whole thing was about.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Danielnz00 said:

That would be good if half the time they weren't bugged and you could actually build the sloop 

ive built 6 ramshackles so far since the FOY came out and not once has it bugged out for me

To compensate, we’ll be extending the 2x Bonus Rates until Wednesday. Please be assured that this is a priority for the team and we are working extensively to ensure that it does not occur again.

Is this for NA PVP or all servers?

at least this isn't league of legends

Honestly guys...this is early access...just give them time. Remember launch? they did improve a lot. Stop complaining like little kids and just wait.

Edited by SirTou
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dollie said:

Sincerely,

Grapeshot Games

Unfortunatly the roll back put those guys in a bad spot, and penalized everyone who wasn't cheating. most of that company effected just quit Atlas live in front of about 750 viewers. Then there are us small companies who weren't anywhere near that zone or area set back 3 hours for 1 hacker. seems the system rewards the hacker, because he loses nothing, just stuff he didn't work for, while he gets to see an entire NApvp server suffer for his actions. The only way to stop this is to ban the entire company working with the hacker, all accounts, and dev wipe. If people don't fear dealing with cheaters, then you will have this problem every weekend, if not everyday. Ban them all, guilty by association. teach people not to company with cheaters.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I understand the need, but I can't really say I appreciate the rollback. We're a small company and were getting raided while we were doing something else on another island. We found out about it, headed home and were destroying their boat, had it pretty much done and their FOB would've went next, along with their new and unguarded tames. The rollback gave them basically our names, and foreknowledge of the impending attack, plus given that it was like 3 something in the am when the rollback happened, at least 3 of our members went offline, leaving only 3 to deal with the invaders. Admittedly we were unprepared and outgunned in any case, but the rollback damn sure didn't help any. Y'all need to get your "technical issues" worked out. 

48 minutes ago, Eyesnthedark said:

Unfortunatly the roll back put those guys in a bad spot, and penalized everyone who wasn't cheating. most of that company effected just quit Atlas live in front of about 750 viewers. Then there are us small companies who weren't anywhere near that zone or area set back 3 hours for 1 hacker. seems the system rewards the hacker, because he loses nothing, just stuff he didn't work for, while he gets to see an entire NApvp server suffer for his actions. The only way to stop this is to ban the entire company working with the hacker, all accounts, and dev wipe. If people don't fear dealing with cheaters, then you will have this problem every weekend, if not everyday. Ban them all, guilty by association. teach people not to company with cheaters.

First of all who tells you it was only 1 Person,second quit in front of 750 viewers, ahm they come back i am sure !

Still, THIS Game is in early access ! they can come and say "sorry guys for implementing a new system we wipe all Servers" and thats it ! Early access always means many Bugs and unseen happenings and actions and if you can´t handle that than This kind of Games are maybe not the right thing for you! Btw they said in a Post it was multiple Bans......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Incarnate said:

..or what about those people who've been in CONSTANT PvP CONFLICT during this time? The loss of materials doesn't mean much, especially when you've been fighting a battle being outnumbered and actually been able to win and repel their attack. The 2x doesn't mean much for those where so much time and intense effort has gone into the game. This are peoples time they're not getting back, and all you can do is 2x bonus rates, that doesn't even remotely compensate for the loss of time and effort.

And frankly there is no realistic way to compensate for that time and effort. You can only ever paint in broad strokes in these kinds of situations.

• Like 1

Made an account to make a note of this...

Was spawned in the water between zones, lost all my equipment.
Came back, lost 4 schooners as well.

Character is about to die...  and was rolled completely back in the start from a 4 hour voyage... I hate this game.

• Confused 1

Can you guys stop with all the rollbacks and just remove items or whatever is exploited next time ffs this is getting stupid for the amount of rollbacks that has been going on lately over exploits/cheats etc... make a good log system so you know things and where they go 🙂 btw thanks for a good game sense Eve Online!

People crying about losing 3 hours of stuff when most of the network was probably in bed by that point anyway, you lost 3 hours of whatever work in exchange for 3 extra days of double rates, poor devs. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

• Like 7

I love it (not) when people whine about their personal shit when devs are working hard to keep everything fair for everybody. Newsflash everyone; the things you gain in game are not your actual property. Enjoy your time playing the game and quit bitching at people who are doing their job.

• Like 4

Fist of all, Ty for getting out of bed and racing back to work to shut the hacker(s) and server down ASAP, last night, guys.

As far as that rollback, lol, The streamer who seemed to be targeted first and his group had literally just spent a couple of hours fighting to regain part of their island  back from another group who had managed to claim a flag  within their base territory when, the Whales and dragons started spawning all around the island, They got busy killing one of the Whales that was spawned in the air right  next to them, while waiting for their flag to cap, it was at about 15mins left before the retake.  Roll back 3, hours. Streamer logs back in, inside his other bunker, the others from the company back and spread all over as they were before racing back to help take back their base... The other flag re-taken again, the other group in control and sleeping inside it and out.. I logged out as they started trying to take it back again.

It was like The fight to reclaim, the reclaim and the hacker attack against them just after never happened and they had to start from scratch.

I can see why some would be a lil upset there. I hope the correct party was banned and you continue to stay on those bans when ever they are "caught" cheating/hacking and using exploits.

Edit to say: 1 of the company members was out and about because, he had just gotten his fou.. so it rolled back just before he  did so. heh

Edited by Liatni

7 hours ago, Dollie said:

this group does not have any specific ties to any one company, but are instead targeting streamers and large or well-known companies.

Introducing a bounty system may make this type of behavior worse, just a thought.