Sign in to follow this  
Gumpnstein

Fountain and Another Rollback

We are having a very serious discussion between our group of quitting the game.  Another rollback today because admins can't keep their steam passwords safe, and the atrocious stories i am hearing from other threads about issues with that.  You just rolled back 30k people over likely one group losing stuff.  IDK what to say here.  I'm just warning this dev team your about to lose your player base and it's not a joke right now.  These are very calm discussions people are having.   Mad isn't even a part of it.  It's a lack of faith in this development team at this point.  Today is an inflection point for this game and for everyone playing and developing.  The dev's need to get more organized, it's clear you are not.  Grow up guys, do better than this. 

• Confused 1

Ok just logged in.  I can't describe the break in immersion from having 3 hours rolled back. We are so lost as to what all we have even done, we had just made a new ally and had built a base with them for farming.  I mean it is very difficult to remove that. Just down to simple things like where i put something, where are my now offline friends bodies located.  I mean this is a total WTF.  You can't roll everyone back over a hacker destroying somone's stuff, maybe the hacker wanted a rollback, I mean you just can't erase the history of what just happened.  Where we are in 3 hours from now isn't even the same game.  

I mean if you’re gonna make up numbers, st least have proof of this fact. 

Man average of 20k players online, including EU and NA.. probably more EU than NA so I doubt even 4K players got rolled back. 

I mean, would you rather them not rolling back and letting things like this happen? 

Its EA dude, things like this will happen. 

Yeah I mean it's early access so screw rollbacks, someone got hacked and got their shit blown up, well its early access so suck it up...We gonna rollback every time someone turns on ESP?  Oh I got aimbotted and one shot thru plate armor 6 days ago.  Let's rollback to that.  Early Access has nothing to do with poor decision making. 

If this was a private server, it would be dead from the horrendous admins running it.  But this isn't a couple dudes running a server into the ground, it s the damn official dev team for the entire game. WTF

So if someone comes and hacks my base to the ground do I get an entire population rollback or are these rollbacks for admin bases that have been blown up?  I'm just wondering if I am getting the same treatment as whoever it is that you are rolling back for.   I'd say everyone getting rolled back would like to know who and why specifically what is going on with admin rollbacks on the server.  That's something that needs to be explained asap. 

Early access has EVERYTHING to do with it. This is VERY common in EA titles. 

I mean do you know what EA means? 

This is a server decision, it has nothing to do with early access.  They CHOSE to do a rollback.  For who?  Why?  In a game this large I find it hard to believe that a hacker destroyed more hours than these 3 and 6 hour entire server pop rollbacks. 

Not to mention that they already had this problem and assure us they had stopped the ability for this to happen again also. 

I'm with GUMP here he's right me and my guys had 3 storage boxes of alloy just *poof*. Why couldn't they have announced it earlier or just taken servers down earlier when they saw the problem. Very annoying where is the structure with in this company, how do they get their accounts compromised extremely unprofessional.

Yeah, I'm 40 years old, been gaming since I was 4 years old.  So please little forum troll person who is in every forum, I've seen you a billion times under a billion names, get out of my convo and let the adults talk. 

12 minutes ago, Dappypally said:

Early access has EVERYTHING to do with it. This is VERY common in EA titles. 

I mean do you know what EA means? 

Lulzwhat? Having admin account compromised is very common in EA games, and has to do with it being in EA?

Please tell me thats not what you mean.  0_o

1 hour ago, Liljagare said:

Lulzwhat? Having admin account compromised is very common in EA games, and has to do with it being in EA?

Please tell me thats not what you mean.  0_o

Is that what I said, or is that what you assumed?

its quite clear what I mean. Things are going to happen in EA, bugs, cheats, rollbacks. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dappypally said:

Is that what I said, or is that what you assumed?

its quite clear what I mean. Things are going to happen in EA, bugs, cheats, rollbacks. 

This game is an early version of Ark, which Atlas is built on. Being as it was early on for ark the fix for this exploit wasn't fixed for Atlas and if this is a year one ark version vulnerability for Atlas is big they had a lot of bad bug's and what not.

The decision to rollback is not EA.  The decision to rollback is running a server.  If it's EA and a wipe will happen anyway, and someone got hacked on 011, then oh well 011, that's EA.  But rolling back to save someones stuff on a server with 20k people on it is poor server administration. 

7 hours ago, Gumpnstein said:

This is a server decision, it has nothing to do with early access.  They CHOSE to do a rollback.  For who?  Why?  In a game this large I find it hard to believe that a hacker destroyed more hours than these 3 and 6 hour entire server pop rollbacks. 

Not to mention that they already had this problem and assure us they had stopped the ability for this to happen again also. 

They could just wipe the whole thing and let everyone start out as individuals again, like a seeming majority of people who come to the forums want... Would that be better?

I've been reading about the difficulties with lag and server disconnects for people trying to get to the fountain.  They finally get to it, then they got rolled back...

Ouch.

Edited by Vhalkyrie