Sign in to follow this  
SGFTI

What did they fuck up now?

What do you think? 

Forgot to change their steam password after the last "hack"? 

With all the two-factor authentication nowadays, I find it hard to believe that that's really the case...

This happening again really puts some doubt on that first excuse.

and Don't forget this great line from Jat

" We have taken the appropriate steps to ensure this does not happen again. "

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SGFTI said:

What do you think? 

Its not a mystery, I posted the nature of the exploit a while back.

To put it in a nutshell, TEA, AKA Black Butterfly, gained infamy in Ark for exploiting a specific dev-kit exploit which allowed them to basically open the game in an "Admin client". This admin client bypasses the need for an RCon password and grants the client user various powers, including complete access to Admin commands and other things such as the built-in ESP/Aimbot. This game is, in reality, an early version of Ark, which they built Atlas on. Being as it was early on, the fix for this exploit wasn't fixed, and Black Butterfly (Among others) simply exploited this vulnerability again in Atlas. 

Edited by Ellentro

33 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

Its not a mystery, I posted the nature of the exploit a while back.

To put it in a nutshell, TEA, AKA Black Butterfly, gained infamy in Ark for exploiting a specific dev-kit exploit which allowed them to basically open the game in an "Admin client". This admin client bypasses the need for an RCon password and grants the client user various powers, including complete access to Admin commands and other things such as the built-in ESP/Aimbot. This game is, in reality, an early version of Ark, which they built Atlas on. Being as it was early on, the fix for this exploit wasn't fixed, and Black Butterfly (Among others) simply exploited this vulnerability again in Atlas. 

Source?

21 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Source?

I've talked to a couple of them, and have known them since they first started playing in Ark, beyond that I don't really want to post discord screenies/etc because they're friends, even if they do cheat. 

You can believe it, or not, but that's what it is. 

Edited by Ellentro

5 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

I've talked to a couple of them, and have known them since they first started playing in Ark, beyond that I don't really want to post discord screenies/etc because they're friends, even if they do cheat. 

You can believe it, or not, but that's what it is. 

Yeah forgive my skepticism when your only source is yourself, but these kinds of claims aren’t the sort of thing I’m willing to just take someone’s word for on a game forum. Were the roles reversed I doubt you would either.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Yeah forgive my skepticism when your only source is yourself, but these kinds of claims aren’t the sort of thing I’m willing to just take someone’s word for on a game forum. Were the roles reversed I doubt you would either.

Yeah, the only real thing I have to say is that uh, this is literally *exactly* what they were doing in Ark. Spawning Dragons, Broodmothers, rolling their own servers back, spawning shit etc. 

If people are skeptical, and to be fair, the exact nature of this exploit is irrelevant to anyone but the devs, the only thing I can bring up is that it's demonstrably the same thing, brought by the same group. It's the source of the "TEA owns Wildcard" meme, because the exploit gives admin powers. 

People can believe it, or not. It's the only answer they're likely to ever get on the subject. I was just answering the OP. 

Edited by Ellentro

The thing is what the hell is a year one bug that was fix in ark doing in atlas how old of a version of ark is this game made from?

Edited by ghostwolf19k

3 hours ago, SGFTI said:

What do you think? 

So what actually happened? I read through this whole thread and nobody has said what actually happened? 

More zeppelins and tanks?

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

So what actually happened? I read through this whole thread and nobody has said what actually happened? 

More zeppelins and tanks?

No, BB was spawning drakes and whales again on another streamer. Someone linked it in another thread, but I think the mods are deleting threads with the stream links at the moment. The thread with the links is gone when I went to look for them. 

Edited by Ellentro

2 minutes ago, Ellentro said:

No, BB was spawning drakes and whales again on another streamer. Someone linked it in another thread, but I think the mods are deleting threads with the stream links at the moment. The thread with the links is gone when I went to look for them. 

Ah, well even though I am not a fan of hacking, I am also not a fan of streamer mega tribes either.

from what grapeshots post said they are only targeting streamers so as long as they leave the nonaligned people alone, then I will just let them fight about it 😂