KiimainenValas

My two cents about the balance.

Where to begin? šŸ™‚Ā For me it's not about the things shown for example in the Trailer vs. Reality youtube video or the poor server quality and connection issues etc. It's an early access and those, to be fair, were expected and surely will improve as time goes on.

My major issues are about the balance of the game. From the trailers i got the vibe that this game would be heavily balanced towards the RPG/exploration side (Divinity Original Sin, Pillars Of Eternity and so on, with open world exploration) and not the survival. Boy was i wrong. The survival side is so overwhelming that it makes the game not fun for me and what i've seen, many others. It's often best to just let yourself die and reset hunger/thirst/vitamins etc, than to really worry about them the way it's ment to at the moment. And these mechanics in place really take away the potential exploration side of the whole experience. You are so tied down to your base/ship/crate of stuff that you can't really go explore the islands cause of all the survival mechanics.Ā And the material farming, oh boy the the material farming. You have to spend tensĀ or maybe hundreds of hours just to farm so you can build a decent ship to kind of get started.

I just wish the would tone down theseĀ survival mechanics and focus on the quests, exploration and progression systems more. Maybe make the survival stuff be like a buff/debuff kind of thing. If you're for example hungry, you are weaker in battle and if you're full you gain some extra strenght or other buffs (or maybe just tone down on the starvation etc HEAVILY). Not so that you literally die in the middle of a huge island from hunger, cause you felt like exploring and now have to spawn on your bed million miles away and start farming food and materials for hours and hours just have even a slight chance of getting your stuff back from your dead body.

Just focus on the FUN. Fill the world with quests and cool loot to go after. Make us feel like bad ass pirates and not some weak castaways using their last breaths to barely survive.

Maybe the game is more of what i described, like couple hundred hours in, but for what it is like now i'm never gonna see that. It's just too much.

Here's to hoping for a better future! There sure is potential here šŸ™‚

Ā 

• Like 1

I totally agree i feel like in need to play 15h of ark/rust survivalĀ to finally play some Atlas, its just wrong like i said in my other thread starting island should be PVE is would make game so much better:

1.Well people will actually focus on main goal instead of killing each other.Ā 

2.Perfect combination of PVE and PVPĀ .

3.More pirate/exploring content instead of stupid killingĀ each other we already have it in Rust and Ark?(never played ark before).

4.More people will give game a chance instead of deleting/refundingĀ .

5.ItĀ actually make sense right? Like in MMO at theĀ beginning you focus on PVE then you do PVP.Ā 

6.Lets watch trailer again and as you can see in cities people are chilling, talking...etc well lets make it real right? Instead of attacking, running, jumping like animals people will be actually talking, trading, teaming up.. sounds cool to me.

7.People will leave starting island faster so you can reduce amount of starting islands = less starting island, more islands to explore.

8.Also game is unplayable soloĀ it takes forever to finally build something but it the end you will be killed by someone, but if there is pve you can take your time andĀ eventually leave first island.

Also what the f..k with amount of animals? just reduce it, its looks weird, not realistic.... cmonĀ 

Ā 

Most of these issues would go away if they increased the gathering rates of everything by a little, because you wouldnt have to do nearly as much grinding. People get tired of grinding and kill each other for what little resources they have, something that was rampant in ARK and while it was eventually accepted as part of ARK, it was one of the worst parts of the game. It doesn't fit at all in a game about exploration and pirating.

The grind alone before you can even get off the first island is enough to turn a lot of people away.

Ā 

In ARK you could take pets that could grind much better than you could and it cut down the grind by a lot... But that's not in ATLAS so the grind needs to have a serious rework.

Edited by ArkSeyonet