Emeric

Max level for a dino to be tamed

Hey,

Actually the max level for a dino to be tamed is the level 30 (Can't tame higher than 30, tested and approved).

Does someone know a configuration option to change that ? @Jatheish

I have think about the DifficultyOffset option to up but i don't know if this option is implemented and if that will up the max level of 30.

well i have my difficulty set to one and the offset set to four and i can tame animals at up to 116 as i tamed a 116 horse and bear but once tamed they cannot yet be leveled up. they just flat out dont gain xp and i havent found out if this is fixed yet or not

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah so it's a bit bugged atm, i will wait till they fix that.

On 1/20/2019 at 2:37 AM, Emeric said:

Hey,

Actually the max level for a dino to be tamed is the level 30 (Can't tame higher than 30, tested and approved).

Does someone know a configuration option to change that ? @Jatheish

I have think about the DifficultyOffset option to up but i don't know if this option is implemented and if that will up the max level of 30.

On my server we have dinos that are level 130. I can go higher but I want to keep it balanced. They also spawn in level 50. 🙂

11 minutes ago, Patcher said:

On my server we have dinos that are level 130. I can go higher but I want to keep it balanced. They also spawn in level 50. 🙂

But when they are tamed, can you level up them ?

Also what configuration key /value did you changed please ?

4 minutes ago, Emeric said:

But when they are tamed, can you level up them ?

Also what configuration key /value did you changed please ?

Yes, They spawn in level 50 and can gain additional 80 levels. You can make it so they gain more levels as well, but i just chose 80

6 minutes ago, Patcher said:

Yes, They spawn in level 50 and can gain additional 80 levels. You can make it so they gain more levels as well, but i just chose 80

That's nice ! And what configuration did you changed please ?

@patcher

"Custom level progression". Can you please give me more details? Where to add, how to use it?

With our server we ran into the total same issue. We have animals with LV100, we can tame them but in the end they do not get XP and do not level.

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

Edited by FullForc3

Just chiming in here, yeah Idk what the issue is for many people. I have definitely been able to tame creatures over level 30 on our unofficial. But there's still some wierdness there.

Example, I can tame stuff on the Freeport island my base is on. Wiki says I shouldn't be able to, but I can tame Cows, Monkeys, Parrots, and Pigs just fine. But I can't tame the Elephants. I can down em, and bola em, but I can't get the feeding spot to show up at all. And yet, one of my tribe members just managed to tame one yesterday.

At the same time, that tribe member reported issues taming certain high levels on a previous iteration of our server, but this time around he's got a lvl 60 or so Lion. I personally was able to tame a level 60+ sheep, who's now level 89, and I was able to tame a level 52 lion who turned out like around 85 or something at the end. I forget the exact numbers.

I've also heard tentative reports from people that you can't tame stuff on islands designated as PVE quest islands (aka golden age ruin islands), of which our cluster has all of them, so that may matter too - haven't tested it myself as they're super-dangerous.

Now, it also should be noted that we usually use a difficulty modifier, and we inherited many of our config settings from our ARK server (one of the admins literally copy pasted large swathes into GameUserData.ini from ARK), so that may have something to do with it.

Anyway, thats my 2c, in case it helps anyone.

Tamed creatures up to level 119 can gain experience (+149). Creatures from level 120 experience do not get. If you change the complexity in order to raise the level of wild animals - the highest level that will get experience after taming, it is 80. But then there is no point in breeding them, because children born above level 120 will not get experience.

Forgive me for bad English, I use an online translator. I wanted to share my experience.

@Vengeance What Patcher is providing is not fully valid. I have been digging through all of this xp and leveling crap for a few days now in hope of finding a solution to pair with my mod that unlocks tamable animals on the PVE islands. I finally figured it out.

First, if you use the Progression method that  Patcher provides, here is how it works.

•  tame_lvl + 30 = max_lvl   ... (this only applies for below lvl 70 base/starting level)

so for example, in patchers post.. he had a lvl 50 (which is below lvl 70) .. 50+30=80

where it gets tricky is after lvl 70 base. see my screenshot attached of what the game has in place as default for any animal level gain. as you will see, the default ramp for xp circles back to it's self from lvl 70 to around lvl 110. this is because the level ramp from lvl 110 onward is 100% matching the xp ramp for players. (devs have been notified) (except for the little blip in the middle of the lvl 130ish)

now, some would say that the ramp patcher talks about works.. issue is, tame a lvl 90 animal, and you will only get 1-2 lvls and then xp stops, it's because of a hard coded ramp of xp even if you add the override xp ramps.

now that you understand the details on what is really going on here.. now, for the fix.. I have created a mod for for, along with multiple other QOL and new features for my servers. Most all of them are able to be disabled. the new xp fix that allows ALL animals to get 148 lvls over there base lvl is applied. example :: I spawned in a lvl 9000 bear (was 14982 after tamed).. before applying the mod fix .. no xp gain. After applying the mod fix, +148 lvl. 

This also works for NPCs, but not ships. Working on a ship patch to apply to them as well in the future.

you can check out my mod if you would like this. I might seperate this feature if I feel enough people need it separately, however you can have it separate by disabling most all the other mods in my pack.

MOD LINK :: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1629965981

atlas_lvl_ramp.PNG

@Temil2006 Thanks for that info.

If it possible to do this without raising the wild dino spawn level? you used an example of a lvl 9000 bear.

Id like the spawn levels to stay the same as official (under lvl 300) and have any level dino tameable (assuming that species was tameable to begin with).

This way if I encounter a level 185 lion on a powerstone Island I can tame it, but I wont get attacked by a level 6000 wolf.

3 hours ago, Vengeance said:

@Temil2006 Thanks for that info.

If it possible to do this without raising the wild dino spawn level? you used an example of a lvl 9000 bear.

Id like the spawn levels to stay the same as official (under lvl 300) and have any level dino tameable (assuming that species was tameable to begin with).

This way if I encounter a level 185 lion on a powerstone Island I can tame it, but I wont get attacked by a level 6000 wolf.

my example was me GMSummoning one that was lvl 9000 .. I wasn't saying that the mod I created makes them lvl 9000, 😉 . .the mod I created keeps them the default lvls, but allows them to spawn at as tamable and allows them to gain lvls. 

if that makes sense?