y0himba

PVE vs. PVP

I have nothing against PVP players.

I understand the game is early access with tons of improvement to come.

However, it seems as though PVE players are being overlooked when changes are made. Our tames have been nerfed since PVP players needed then to do less damage. Fire arrows have been nerfed to the point they are useless, and regular arrows seem to be more effective, since PVP players didn't like the damage they did in a fight or against ships. 

You have a huge PVE player base because this is an incredible game for it.

In PVE we specialize.  Some of us choose to forgo firearms to specialize in diving or shipbuilding Etc.  We now do almost no damage, especially against alphas, when fully specced in archery.  Fire arrows now do about the same as regular arrows. 

We use our tames for protection against the environment. Level 3 wild animals are easily killing level 40+ tames, even when fully specced in Beastmastery.  There is no weight on the tames, no health and low damage. Tames should have an affinity for their masters providing a bonus to stats that help protect the tamer.  The horse should carry large amounts of weight, and more with the cargo saddle (cart). Same with the bull, more so than the bear. 

The tamed tiger or lion should be very formidable indeed. Same with the bear. Currently the lion and tiger are among the weakest creatures to tame. The elephant should have MASSIVE carry weight and do tons of damage, pun intended. The rhino should be nigh unstoppable. The bull should do moderate damage and the bear as well. 

Fire arrow nerf:  fire does a lot of damage against players, animals and wood structures, such as ships. This nerf makes them nothing to be worried about. We have been shooting each other with them and laughing.  

Tame nerf: man is not the top of the food chain in the wild. Tamed animals, under the expert direction of an experience (specced) rider will do great damage versus players and wild creatures. That is logical and realistic.  

It feels as though there is no direction here, no idea of what to balance. It is almost useless to tame since we can only leave them in the barn in hopes they survive. It is near impossible to defend ourselves against the environment with weapons and armor that are almost useless (fortitude is useless as well). 

We should achieve something for leveling and specializing. Our tames should have an edge versus wild creatures.

Thank you for an incredible game, I have so many hours in it already even with a family and a full time job, and continue to play every day.

• Like 1

As a PvP player, I agree, and somewhat disagree.

The fire arrows have been nerfed far too much - IT'S FIRE.... It should melt skin, burn wood etc... That's what fire does... The only PvP'ers really crying about it are the ones skilled in guns and in large ggroups, as the smaller groups actually have something to fight back with... I shot 10 fire arrows at a level 62 tamed bear... It did buggar all except break my bow - Bows break far too easily and quickly - Guns hardly ever break... The old flintlock guns were more prone to breaking than arrows back in the day....

I also agree man is not the top of the food chain, However, if one is equipped properly and played properly a solo player should be able to kill a wolf easily enough...
PvE life is insane - I mean, you sir must be an elitist in PvE land, currently, alot of people, PvE and PvP are crying for the nerfs.... Please just don''t blame PvP players, I find this game is far more centered around PvE than it is PvP - Fact....

Tames should have an edge over wilds yes! - Otherwise why tame if a lvl 3 can solo a lvl 50 tame... Levels here in this game make zero sense currently....

There does seem to be no direction at least - It's either fully this way or that way, There doesn't seem to be a middle ground... And if the ggame carries on like the last update with forced gameplay styles - I probably wont be around much longer, Unfortunately I liked the fact that I didn't have to worry about going for a fountain of youth without my skills being nerfed... I mean seriously... Nerfing my skills, when it is so quick to age here too!!!!

Anyway thats off-topic...

As a PvP Player, the game is far mmore centered around PvE player experience over PvE - Currently PvP is very one sided, you have a bigger ggroup your relatively safe, you have a smaller ggroup - You get no chance...

• Like 1

Thank you for the polite reply.  I was expecting to catch all kinds of hell over that, even though I honestly bear PVP no ill will.