Cantore

Glad you fixed the Cobra collision... but they still overtake our islands!

Hi devs,

I was surprised (and died quickly) when I found that the once 'Giant Snake' (now Cobra) slithered freely through the trees, without getting stuck. So, now you have a super snake species however that can climb our walls, go through our doors, enter our windows, and seem to multiply in vast numbers after killing off all of the local wildlife... leaving nothing but.. you guessed it, MASS AMOUNTS OF SNAKES! In less than 400 steps from my house, I had spotted over 11 snakes, and killed 9. They are EVERYWHERE, and as such, nothing else can spawn on our island and live for longer than 5 minutes.

Request: PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF MERCY - cut us some slack on the sheer number of snakes!!! You could drop it down 50% and it'd STILL be a lot of snakes. I understand those who were talking about the droves of wolves, but at least wolves can't climb their house and get in through small openings!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd be happy if they just stopped them going through doors and walls - lost all my tames tonight in the time it took to make a cup of tea, download the last patch and log in.

Dear Devs,

For the first time since I can remember, I logged in to find about 5 snakes on the island. 1 of them was an alpha snake that caused us to make a swivel gun on our house to rid us of it. That said, I was EXTREMELY satisfied that for the first time since launch, we didn't have to run for our lives everywhere we went on our little island! If this was because of a server patch, then you have my sincerest THANKS!!! 

I feel as though you devs have done a LOT of listening to the players, and I really like the changes so far! Great job!

• Like 1

Is this the 1st patch you guys seen or what couple of snakes and crying , heck i had to deal with about 20 wolves every time the server went down . One day it happened 4 times was so fun sniping them with a carbine on top of my house.

10 hours ago, JackTheWack said:

Is this the 1st patch you guys seen or what couple of snakes and crying , heck i had to deal with about 20 wolves every time the server went down . One day it happened 4 times was so fun sniping them with a carbine on top of my house.

I'm not sure what you point is here, but we did level (and die) a lot with snakes everywhere. I know wolves are faster (and worse). That was not the point of my post - It was the snake issue where 15 - 20 snakes would take out all the friendly creatures on the island, and then spawn MORE snakes, until you could not leave the house without fighting 9 - 13 snakes in the first 3 minutes. I found that a little excessive, and unbalanced. The devs seem to have fixed it, and I'm actually seeing other creatures, other than just snakes and the odd alpha pig.

Yes, Giant snake spawn in my little 3x1 room ,so weried , and another time spawn in my pound, kill all the livestock !

8 minutes ago, StAble said:

Yes, Giant snake spawn in my little 3x1 room ,so weried , and another time spawn in my pound, kill all the livestock !

What I learned from Dark and Light with the terrible spawning in bases and gated areas, is never keep any tames or even log out on the ground floor. I build a base with all the crafting stuff and storage on the ground floor. I then build the tame barn on top of it, two wall heights up. A ramp goes up to a small gate for the tames to get up there. So the lower floor is two walls high with a ceiling. The upper is 4 or more walls high with ceiling over it, but the ceiling is optional. This of course doesn't look nice, but is very functional. I don't recall anything ever spawning up there or attacking through the wall and killing something. You may still get something spawning below, so have extra arrows or whatever you need in a box above to kill what might be down there when you log in.

Well, it's official, snakes are still dominating the island... I guess I just had a quiet night that night because people were on the island killing them off. 😞

And another problem is that now the snakes can do damage through the walls if some tamed animal is close to door or walls

If she touches you they will stuck to the ground you can not run or aim at them and this with the lag in the servers until a "Cobra" lv.1 can kill it easily.

The Cobras need a nerf in behavior distance too, my island is small and if I find a snake on the other side of the island she will cross the whole island to try to kill me even though I am no longer in her field of vision. If they can not reach you, the first thing they will do is destroy your bank.

15 hours ago, wildbill said:

What I learned from Dark and Light with the terrible spawning in bases and gated areas, is never keep any tames or even log out on the ground floor. I build a base with all the crafting stuff and storage on the ground floor. I then build the tame barn on top of it, two wall heights up. A ramp goes up to a small gate for the tames to get up there. So the lower floor is two walls high with a ceiling. The upper is 4 or more walls high with ceiling over it, but the ceiling is optional. This of course doesn't look nice, but is very functional. I don't recall anything ever spawning up there or attacking through the wall and killing something. You may still get something spawning below, so have extra arrows or whatever you need in a box above to kill what might be down there when you log in.

We did this, but after a patch everything fell through the floor to the bottom. We had to destroy half the structure to get the tames out.