Adfax

Fountain of Youth : The death of Atlas.

Like.. I can't actually believe how badly they handled this... 

Guys.... WE DON'T WANT TO PERMA SAIL JUST TO MAINTAIN COSMETICS. 

WE DON'T WANT TO KEEP LOSING/SWITCHING CHARACTERS. 

If some people do want that? Let them buy a rename token, and let them re-customize their characters.

DO NOT

1. Send us to an island, where PVP is still turned on, and the aggro ranged on PVE enemies is 5 miles, for enemies that are ridiculously high level. This results in the most frustrating experience I've had on the game thus far.. People sailing around cannoning people's boats while they're running to shore to get the fountain, whilst these people are under pressure to get this done before their character dies. 

What happens then? I have to sail all the way back, where it will likely happen again.. That is not fun.. I just want to KEEP MY CHARACTER, and keep in non-fugly. Why must you make that a chore??

2. Not give us any real indication which island to go to.. Great fun wasting time there.. Each time we get to the island?? We have to run through the cannonfire of every OP npc on the island. 

This is the most unpleasant shit I've ever played in a long time.. I'm done with this game; and i'd guess a lot of other, who were hopeful they'd get to keep their characters are too.

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 9

The devs dont yet seem to realize - they can release as much “content” as they like. Good or bad doesnt matter, every issue with it will be amplified do to the core mechanics of the game feeling like dog shit. Fix the little things. Make logging in something to look forward to. Make the basics of the game fun and rewarding and stop putting out “content” that only large groups of end game players can attempt to enjoy.(and even that ends up being a corpse run zerg fest).

Get back to basics devs. Combat is clunky, ai is busted and tedious(whether it be npc friendlies or pred/alphas). Fix the balance, no one likes dying 40 times a play session just to complete one task. And no matter what you log on to do, thats the experience for the majority.

• Like 6

The developers hate their player base and the entire game feels like it's just a giant fuck you to everyone who bothered paying for it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Man half of you who are complaining dont even play the game anymore and you are still bitching.  Go on to the next new game and complain about how bad you are at that game so they can laugh at you there too.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Man half of you who are complaining dont even play the game anymore and you are still bitching.  Go on to the next new game and complain about how bad you are at that game so they can laugh at you there too.  

^This joker probably went there with a 20 man group.. What a chicken.

Dude, nobody cares if you company carried you to the fountain, solo players need access to it too. And plus, i'd rather laugh at you, because you can't think of anything good the age mechanic brings to the game.

Climb out of the devs ass, try it on solo, and then come back here and tell me this isn't the biggest pile you've ever seen. 

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 5

You forgot the part where the place where the fountain is on each NA or EU server is 1 zone where only 150 players can be at the same time before server doesn't allow others in, this will be abused and not to mention if it's not being held hostage by one company so the entire server can't join on it it will still be a lagfest 100x worse than what freeport was at launch, first there was freeport at launch now there is fountain of youth where most characters are suffering age debuff and all have to be there right now at the same time.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Adfax said:

^This joker probably went there with a 20 man group.. What a chicken.

Dude, nobody cares if you company carried you to the fountain, solo players need access to it too. And plus, i'd rather laugh at you, because you can't think of anything good the age mechanic brings to the game.

Climb out of the devs ass, try it on solo, and then come back here and tell me this isn't the biggest pile you've ever seen. 

Maybe just come back when you show the info that ever said it was a solo game. Like they have to add an introvert island or something.

• Sad 1

NA-PVE perspective.

I have been loathe to use words of questionable morality on these forums because I'm trying to be understanding with this dev team and not sound like a ranting child.  But, I feel I must digress for a moment.

This was the biggest fucking pile of trash I have EVER seen on any mmo.

First you give damn near the entire population of the server a STUPID debuff. Then, you force them to either live with this debuff or jam their asses onto 1 island when you know damn well your servers can barely handle 20 people on 1 island. THEN, you obviously think that this is supposed to suffice for content. Well let me tell you how your content went.  First, after everyone dodged the stupidly insane number of SotD, they first ran in there thinking they were gonna kick ass and take names. But that can't happen on this  game because the combat system is so utterly screwed up that players are easily decimated by a level 1 no matter what level the player is. But no, that's obviously irrelevant. YOU have to surround this shit hole with lvl 100 aggros.  And those are just the ones OUTSIDE this cave.  You also decide to flood this 'fountain' (which was just a stupid ass blue sparking particle effect) with mobs of insanely high levels so that, in the future, should any solo need to rid themselves of this ignorant debuff, you've guaranteed them it will be impossible.  The content part?  Oh, right... No, it wasn't all of us there with pistols and cannons and swords beating off the nasty mobs like your trailer implies. It was all of us running in naked so we didn't lose shit because we KNEW we were going to die multiple times, just hoping the mobs would be confused enough by the utter swarm of lemmings that they would ignore us.

Who the fuck on that dev team comes up with these brilliant plans?

Oh wait, I know... it was those of you on the stream who thot it HILARIOUS that you had cranked up a high level mob to the point that it utterly slaughtered the players. Got it.  Now I know who to point the finger at.

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Maybe just come back when you show the info that ever said it was a solo game. Like they have to add an introvert island or something.

You can play solo, it is a solo game. You can play with others, it is a multiplayer game.

There you go.

• Like 3

Just now, Adfax said:

You can play solo, it is a solo game. You can play with others, it is a multiplayer game. 

There you go.

But your crying because you cant play solo. Nobody said it was.

There you go.

• Sad 1

I feel the fountain of youth is a cool idea for a core mechanic but I agree it wasn't thought out.

Also, I can't think of many mmos where the core mechanics of the game can't be done solo, end game content sure plenty of that. Just because someone is solo doesn't mean they won't interact with people through game play either. I could just as easily be in a mega company and playing solo on my own doing my own thing supplying the company resources as a cog in the machine. I don't understand the negativity towards people who prefer this path.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

I feel the fountain of youth is a cool idea for a core mechanic but I agree it wasn't thought out.

Also, I can't think of many mmos where the core mechanics of the game can't be done solo, end game content sure plenty of that. Just because someone is solo doesn't mean they won't interact with people through game play either. I could just as easily be in a mega company and playing solo on my own doing my own thing supplying the company resources as a cog in the machine. I don't understand the negativity towards people who prefer this path.

Simple. Everyone expects game to be make for them and them only.  The way THEY play the game is the right way and everyone is wrong.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

So after finally making it to the fountain.. It was probably the most laughable excuse for a game I've ever seen.

A literal lag slide show.. Pathetic. 

Not only is it bad in design, it is bad in execution too.

fountain of youth is just to hard to get too. I hope they gonna change it somehow or just remove it again. 

10 minutes ago, StrykerDK said:

fountain of youth is just to hard to get too. I hope they gonna change it somehow or just remove it again. 

You sir, I admire. I picture you as an individual who has his dog shot by a neighbor and you merely wag a finger at them and say, 'now don't do that.'

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, StrykerDK said:

15 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

You sir, I admire. I picture you as an individual who has his dog shot by a neighbor and you merely wag a finger at them and say, 'now don't do that.'

My friends live in A12 they are having a hard time getting to it as of now it's on O14 in 5 days it will move.So when they add permanent  death if you can't get to it or if a big company blocking the way your SOL.  Or you have a small company or don't have the time we have a guy that plays weekends and his guy is as old my mine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So now my 5 man crew are stuck at the load screen. Server full and it doesn't even give us a option to port back to our base. 

Hey guys, remember in the early days of the game how servers were overpopulated and you couldn't play? Well, here's a fun new mechanic we'd like to introduce where we can replicate that same fun activity.

So literally now can't play on my server. Can't spawn to a new free port, the game has to be relaunched to even try so you just roll the dice hoping you can sneak into an open spot on a server full of 176 people.

Edited by OneGunSalute
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Adfax said:

Like.. I can't actually believe how badly they handled this... 

Guys.... WE DON'T WANT TO PERMA SAIL JUST TO MAINTAIN COSMETICS. 

WE DON'T WANT TO KEEP LOSING/SWITCHING CHARACTERS. 

If some people do want that? Let them buy a rename token, and let them re-customize their characters.

DO NOT

1. Send us to an island, where PVP is still turned on, and the aggro ranged on PVE enemies is 5 miles, for enemies that are ridiculously high level. This results in the most frustrating experience I've had on the game thus far.. People sailing around cannoning people's boats while they're running to shore to get the fountain, whilst these people are under pressure to get this done before their character dies. 

What happens then? I have to sail all the way back, where it will likely happen again.. That is not fun.. I just want to KEEP MY CHARACTER, and keep in non-fugly. Why must you make that a chore??

2. Not give us any real indication which island to go to.. Great fun wasting time there.. Each time we get to the island?? We have to run through the cannonfire of every OP npc on the island. 

This is the most unpleasant shit I've ever played in a long time.. I'm done with this game; and i'd guess a lot of other, who were hopeful they'd get to keep their characters are too.

its a PVP and Survial game 

if you "ONLY" want to use it as a builder there is nothing stopping you from creating a private server 

i find your complaints worthless and your judgement lacking 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm playing 'as intended'. I'm on a PVP server. I went and risked getting to the island.

I can no longer play, because the server is full and camped, and I can't connect to my character after the game dumped me off. I've now been unable to connect to the game for hours.

Devs, call this shit what it is - you were stress testing a server and it clearly failed the stress test. Your servers are still garbage once more than 100 people connect, and your lack of ability to support large populations on any given server make the idea of the 'Fountain of Youth' untenable and toxic.

I can't even respawn to a new region because the game requires that you load into the full region before spawning to another region. Effectively, I'm locked out of the game because I tried to play it. That's pretty clearly not working.

The fountain of youth(s) need to be spread out all over the world. Identify them with a large glowing light (like a player death). Place 50 of them at random fresh water supplies and have them move every 2 hours or so.

Most of us don't have a single powerstone because you made them ridiculously hard to obtain. How can you expect us to get to this fountain of youth? If you delete my character when it hits 100 I will leave this game and never return. Give me a better option. Please.

Ok this idea of the fountain of youth in one area is brutal , ping is so high my ship dont move so we left the grid, tried to go back in and now we are stuck. Add more locations please. No chance in the next 5 years will you be ever to hold that many players in one area. I'll be shocked if we still have our ship when we are able to log back in due to server full.

Obviously things need to change but relax people,   OFC theres gonna be 500 people at a time there today!  Literally in about 4 days,  there will be so much less people. 

• Thanks 1

That's not a fix. Also, hard to relax when you're getting raided and you can't spawn in because you're server locked thanks to this Fountain of Youth issue. Not to mention, even if I -could- spawn in then I'd be hamstrung in combat versus anyone who isn't already  90 years old.

Edited by OneGunSalute