Dragonhawk828

Fountain of Youth Location(s) & Issues

4 hours ago, auralys said:

If the Fountain of Youth holds to a 5 hour per island rotation (let me know if that is fact, because I only just randomly read it somewhere else), then:

Location: It is the same location on every Official Server (PVE and PVP)

29-01-2019 - UTC  

F8: 06:00 - 11:00
G3: 11:01 - 16:00
H6: 16:01 - 21:00
M12: 21:01 - 02:00 (30-01-2019)

(Apologies if my times are off by any amount.) 

There are 8 known spawn locations (C6, D12, F8, G3, H6, M12, O7 & O14) so I would guess it's 3 hours for each if the rotation follows a 24 hour real life cycle. However, there should also be 2 concurrent spawn locations - was that implemented?  That raises questions:

Do the 2 spawns rotate every 6 hours between 4 locations each or do they both rotate the 8 locations every 3 hours?

Would be nice to nail the times the spawns are at each location.

Anyone know where fountain is currently I'm trying to build me a sloop and do this thang at a nearby free port just keep running in as a naked. im guessing its h6 dunno for sure and cant waste time only couple guys in the company people getting wiped severely by big clans entire base wipes.

Edited by Epicstankyy

59 minutes ago, Fefu said:

There are 8 known spawn locations (C6, D12, F8, G3, H6, M12, O7 & O14) so I would guess it's 3 hours for each if the rotation follows a 24 hour real life cycle. However, there should also be 2 concurrent spawn locations - was that implemented?  That raises questions:

Do the 2 spawns rotate every 6 hours between 4 locations each or do they both rotate the 8 locations every 3 hours?

Would be nice to nail the times the spawns are at each location.

From the official patch notes: 

v15

- New "Fountain of Youth" quest will appear for characters aged 90 years and higher. The "Fountain of Youth" (currently represented as a magical particle effect) appears in a single Golden Age Ruins across the ATLAS, near the Power Stone Container. Every 50 in-game days, it teleports to another Golden Age Ruins, on a cycle.

50 in-game days is around 40 hours (according to the wiki: Atlas Official Wiki). There are 8 locations for the fountain to be on, which would give each spawn 5 hours. And it has been confirmed to go in this order:  F8, G3, H6, M12, 07, 014, C6, D12, repeat.

The patch notes also say there is supposed to be a second fountain of youth, "- Added an additional Fountain of Youth on a different Golden Ruins server, so 2 are active tonight." But I haven't seen anyone report on a second location for Official Atlas servers.

6 minutes ago, auralys said:

From the official patch notes: 

v15

- New "Fountain of Youth" quest will appear for characters aged 90 years and higher. The "Fountain of Youth" (currently represented as a magical particle effect) appears in a single Golden Age Ruins across the ATLAS, near the Power Stone Container. Every 50 in-game days, it teleports to another Golden Age Ruins, on a cycle.

50 in-game days is around 40 hours (according to the wiki: Atlas Official Wiki). There are 8 locations for the fountain to be on, which would give each spawn 5 hours. And it has been confirmed to go in this order:  F8, G3, H6, M12, 07, 014, C6, D12, repeat.

The patch notes also say there is supposed to be a second fountain of youth, "- Added an additional Fountain of Youth on a different Golden Ruins server, so 2 are active tonight." But I haven't seen anyone report on a second location for Official Atlas servers.

It was just for that time, its only one active atm

• Thanks 2

@Auralys

This doesn't make sense. If it teleports to another Golden Age ruins every 50 days which is 40 real life hours then the spawn would be fixed in one location for nearly 2 real life days. We know for sure that it is cycling a lot faster than that. There has been a spawn at M12 every day so it is not possible to have 5 hour cycles unless some locations have a much shorter cycle.

I'm not 100% absolutely certain about M12 but I have not noticed any gaps of over 24 hours and I keep an eye on it because it is my closest spawn.

Edited by Fefu
add content

@Fefu

Can you tell me at what time is the FOY there? is it a fixed time location?

6 minutes ago, Fefu said:

@Auralys

This doesn't make sense. If it teleports to another Golden Age ruins every 50 days which is 40 real life hours then the spawn would be fixed in one location for nearly 2 real life days. We know for sure that it is cycling a lot faster than that. There has been a spawn at M12 every day so it is not possible to have 5 hour cycles unless some locations have a much shorter cycle.

I'm not 100% absolutely certain about M12 but I have not noticed any gaps of over 24 hours and I keep an eye on it because it is my closest spawn.

Just re-reading the patch notes, and it is worded very oddly (wrongly? poorly? It's...well..-cough- I'll refrain from being negative about a certain Company). It might vary between 3-5 hours per spot. Going by the frequency of location reports in this thread, I could concede it's about 3-5 hours per location. If there is a schedule, please, by the Gods find it, because to be honest...I'm not a fan of the FOY quest. 😛 

1 minute ago, auralys said:

FOY is currently on H6 :classic_biggrin:

How long has it been there? How long will it stay?

2 minutes ago, TyGeR_STD said:

How long has it been there? How long will it stay?

chat says it still has about 3 hours. 

You need to reach the end of the cave on H6.

Speaking of which, anybody knows in which area the cave is in ? north/south/etc ?

5 hour rotation is correct to all my calculations and peoples reports on here. I've already gotten it by using the 5 hour rotation and planed ahead with the island rotation. just focusing on getting the rest of my crew to get it now.

4 minutes ago, J4mb1t0 said:

i am on M12 NA pvp its not here yet

It should be at M12 at 3pm CST so if diff time zone 45 minutes from this post

Edited by MephistoPhelius

6 minutes ago, MephistoPhelius said:

5 hour rotation is correct to all my calculations and peoples reports on here. I've already gotten it by using the 5 hour rotation and planed ahead with the island rotation. just focusing on getting the rest of my crew to get it now.

It should be at M12 at 3pm CST so if diff time zone 45 minutes from this post

i am sleeping there, someone will probably kill me in the meantime 🤣

1 hour ago, uaf said:

You need to reach the end of the cave on H6.

Speaking of which, anybody knows in which area the cave is in ? north/south/etc ?

East beach. At the end of a crevasse. Follow the fire elementals.