Dragonhawk828

Fountain of Youth Location(s) & Issues

On 1/19/2019 at 10:57 PM, darcek said:

Wow..what a nice long post about a wild goose chase,or ghost chase lol..

Question: 

Is this even viable for a solo player?

I know these areas are drowning with high level SODs,i guess one can try to navigate thought their deadly web,do the mobs in the islands sink your ship? Like gators..do you need to build something you'll know you'll lose?

I saw on you tube, one guy trying to reach the power stone location,the island is field with alpha levels Cyclops and other mobs who i presume one shot you.

He did managed to get to the cave that was filled just like the good ol` caves in ARK with murderous beasts(bats,spiders etc also levels far above regular)

On a far ledge,on the opposite side seem to be your goals,with a ravine between of death mobs.

Can you simply run there? need a grappling hook? is it doable for a solo player?

Not really its quite rough I managed to get it done by dodging the cyclops and slews of bats I used pistols to kill them off we had quite a few people killing crap 

caves are rough and you dont even have to go that far in. It does last through death problem is even if you step in the field of youth you dont always get the buff either took a few tries

Edited by Luxfere

As long as you have a bed to spawn on then this is quite solo'able as all people are doing is making a run for it till they make it, but that's only for PVE, on PVP you would need a group to protect your spawn etc

Video guide to access the FOY at M12. The cave entrance is near a beach at the south-west part of the island: 

• Like 1

If someone has a pic or video for O7 please share I am stuck being insta killed by fire elementals on the beach.

Still O7, here are a few tips that I wish I'd known for O7. Tip #1 the map is wrong, it looks like there's a little lake inland when in fact you can swim from the ocean, past the armada of ships and all the way to before the entrance of the cave, which if you're coming from the ocean is on the far left side. After that it's just luck as to if the tunnel is blocked or not and if you can dodge the predators and fire elementals.

Grimmblut's video basically got the fountain for me, because once I got past the tunnel I knew where to go because I watched it like 10 times while sailing to the island.

I wonder if they changed the cycle times again. It should have already moved to O14 since 20 min. 

On 1/20/2019 at 3:20 AM, Dragonhawk828 said:

Well it is 2x Gathering. You could always build a Schooner with 1 Large speed Sail, and 1 Small Speed Sail. That is one of the fastest ships in the game, except the Galleon with 6 Large Speed Sails, which i wouldnt recommend. 

Either way, youre not forced to play this game, So stop slating the Devs and just enjoy the game for what it is, if you dont enjoy it, dont play it.

Actaully no...i think its quite right t oexpress the feelings have have on a poorley exeuted update. If it was an Isolated incident I would be less inclinded to "slate" the devs.

For the most part i love the concept of the game, I have over 300 hrs in the game so far, I get so frustrated wit hthe poor development that keeps getting put in every update.

I understand this is early access and subject to a lot  of bugs and problems. Yet so far every update just looks to have a serious lack of foresight, care and progress.

As most people seem to forget about early access/beta, is that its supposed to be a 2 way street. Dont get me wrong i can see them listening on some issue but they blatantly ignore the community, (or so it seems), on major issues and just keep pushing content that is close to game breaking for so many player.

So though my feedback in the original post may not have been of the highest quality feedback it still stands that the devs are really being bad at delivering the game content and pushing to hard for the "fun" stuff they think is right rather than fixing what is needed.