Kita Kayo

the Last Straw

I want to love this game so much, but I almost broke my keyboard so ill take that as a sign. 

I got this game for 3 friends and they have all now rage quit. its so infuriating and not just this thing or that thing, but its fucking EVERYTHING!  I was excited about the 2x resources this weekend, so I sat for 3 god damn hours waiting for the patch before I started playing just to be killed over and fucking over by god damn lvl 1-10 cats. and the debuff omfg!  so this stuff would just be an EA thing and i could get over it and keep playing but after that stream "where the devs were staring at their laptop and going white over the rage in the chat while ignoring everyone"  and today's BS i have realized the game will be fucked forever! I might come back in 6 mo or so to see if they prove me wrong but im not going to hold my breath.  FUCK I WANT TO LOVE THIS GAME!!!! BUT I CANT!!!

• Like 1

Maybe it would help if the devs added a mini game players could trigger to apply a buff, everytime a new predator spawns. Game needs more of those engaging reload minigames. High octane gameplay!!

2 hours ago, Kita Kayo said:

I want to love this game so much, but I almost broke my keyboard so ill take that as a sign. 

I got this game for 3 friends and they have all now rage quit. its so infuriating and not just this thing or that thing, but its fucking EVERYTHING!  I was excited about the 2x resources this weekend, so I sat for 3 god damn hours waiting for the patch before I started playing just to be killed over and fucking over by god damn lvl 1-10 cats. and the debuff omfg!  so this stuff would just be an EA thing and i could get over it and keep playing but after that stream "where the devs were staring at their laptop and going white over the rage in the chat while ignoring everyone"  and today's BS i have realized the game will be fucked forever! I might come back in 6 mo or so to see if they prove me wrong but im not going to hold my breath.  FUCK I WANT TO LOVE THIS GAME!!!! BUT I CANT!!!

EA or no, bad game design or no, it sure as hell sounds like you're not having fun.  Sometimes it can be hard to do as a gamer, because we tend to get ourselves dialed in to meeting challenges and overcoming difficulties, that we fail to step back and ask ourselves: Is this fun? Am I having fun?

Look, I think you should take the six months off that you mentioned. If the game sinks in the meantime, you got out early and wasted less of your time. If the game improves, then when you come back you'll be more likely to be able to see that clearly. If six months go by and its still here and still not fun for you, walking away for good will be easier if you haven't already invested six months trying to push Sisyphus's rock up the hill. Just remember that no one is paying you, this isn't a job, it's your hobby, your spare time. Why would you let yourself be miserable with your free time? Especially if your friends have quit. Friends are the thing that can make a bad game a good experience, and now you don't have that.

That's just my two dubloons. At the end of the day you're the only person who can say what's best for you. GL.