Sign in to follow this  
Knight2339

NO U-Boats Or Airships Please!!!!! !!

Submarines? Come on guys....... firstly that's the wrong term, its U-Boat, a Sub-Marine is a member of the crew........ secondly... please just, don't add these types of thing.

Now, I may be wrong but I do believe something along the lines of the diving chamber was something that was/could have been around and a little more forgiving too the "time period" Atlas is in, that kind of feature i would welcome as an upgrade too the diving attachment 🙂 which is really fun, and the only things i have against that is, despite having say 241 oil in the diving attachments inventory, you oxygen runs out when 1 oils does (fine you cant go forever on 1 oil) BUT, it doesn't just start using the next 1 oil....... and you start drowning..... pretty silly as the real apparatus would run oxygen too a diver so long as it has "fuel" for operation, and that if you go third person you still get the first person helmet/mask tic-tac-toe view thing, please make that go away in 3rd person 😉

And airships........????? Pirates didn't even have hot air balloons as far as I am aware... I'm not asking for 100% accuracy of the time period or a perfect pirate "sim", but PLEASE be somewhat sensible of the period.

Edited by Knight2339
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

seriously, did you not even look at the game page when you bought atlas?

at no point did you question just what the golden age part of golden age ruins meant?

the lore is there, this isn't a pirate sim. This is a high seas fantasy game. The airship is even on the initial game art ffs.

This is not a pirate sum.. if you are after an age of sale mmo I highly recommend looking at naval action.. 

I know this is suppose to have fantasy stuff and im fine with that. but any time you add subs on a game with ships, things go horribly wrong in the balance of things. Same thing when you add air units because people will abuse the hell out of them and make something like slow moving ships useless.

They should leave that stuff for after the game is polishes and no longer in early acess. this is the time make the game GREAT not unbalanced to hell. Focus on things working the way they should, with all current game implementations working in a good balance.

I do hope they save subs, spaceships and whatever else for some DLC years from now.

Edited by Nokim

I too understand that this game is in a different world with magic, but I just hope they don't screw up majorly like they did with Extinction's Titans.

On 1/19/2019 at 4:29 PM, Knight2339 said:

Submarines? Come on guys....... firstly that's the wrong term, its U-Boat, a Sub-Marine is a member of the crew........ secondly... please just, don't add these types of thing.

Now, I may be wrong but I do believe something along the lines of the diving chamber was something that was/could have been around and a little more forgiving too the "time period" Atlas is in, that kind of feature i would welcome as an upgrade too the diving attachment 🙂 which is really fun, and the only things i have against that is, despite having say 241 oil in the diving attachments inventory, you oxygen runs out when 1 oils does (fine you cant go forever on 1 oil) BUT, it doesn't just start using the next 1 oil....... and you start drowning..... pretty silly as the real apparatus would run oxygen too a diver so long as it has "fuel" for operation, and that if you go third person you still get the first person helmet/mask tic-tac-toe view thing, please make that go away in 3rd person 😉

And airships........????? Pirates didn't even have hot air balloons as far as I am aware... I'm not asking for 100% accuracy of the time period or a perfect pirate "sim", but PLEASE be somewhat sensible of the period.

You want to complain about airships and diving bells but have no problem with dragons, krakkens, cyclops, elementals (fire and stone), yeti and mermaids?  

As for the diving helmet grill being in 3rd person.. I am fine with it.  It keeps you from cheating and using 3rd person to bypass the limited FOV the helm gives you.

Next this isnt Earth... it is a "magical world" where a massive event changed the face of the planet forever.   

On 1/21/2019 at 2:44 PM, Caldrin said:

This is not a pirate sum.. if you are after an age of sale mmo I highly recommend looking at naval action.. 

On 1/21/2019 at 1:44 PM, microphobe said:

seriously, did you not even look at the game page when you bought atlas?

at no point did you question just what the golden age part of golden age ruins meant?

the lore is there, this isn't a pirate sim. This is a high seas fantasy game. The airship is even on the initial game art ffs.

i didn't say it was or wanted it to be a pirate sim >.> i said...... " I'm not asking for 100% accuracy of the time period or a perfect pirate "sim"