Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

EA reviews are hurting

I played ark EA and now atlas EA I gotta say atlas was better then ark for getting stuff fixed with in days

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

The other phenomenon on Steam is the "monkey-see-monkey-do" phenomenon.  There are some very promising games on Steam but the pinhead players will not play them because they have a player population of ZERO, and so the end result is all the pinheads are playing garbage games like Atlas and any of the other Top 20 games on Steam.

Well if nobody is playing the game, that is usually a pretty good way of telling if the game is worth playing..I admit it is not always the case, but a small player count without the majority of reviews being positive, then its a bad game. You need to look at the reviews after the player count if you go by player count to decide on a game 

There are plenty of indie games that have a small player base with a majority good reviews

31 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Only the very young would think any of the games on Steam are good games.

35 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Here's the real problem, the real problem is not only is Atlas a horrible game - almost ALL of the games on Steam are horrible games.  It's quite the phenomenon really.

And that's the only reason Atlas has any player base at all, simply because ALL of the games on Steam are equally as bad.

Sounds like you need to stop gaming for a year, you've become the bitter old man on a porch.  Admittedly I've become rather jaded myself in my 30s now, but saying everything on steam is bad is obviously a problem on your end.  

I mean I'm working on the assumption you aren't a troll.  Anymore it's hard to tell who has a legit opinion and who is worthless.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Only the very young would think any of the games on Steam are good games.

But on some notes, some of them can be loads of fun even if for a short time. I agree with the whole steam thing. Atlas i put up there with LIF meets SOT.

As far as i am concerned atlas was thrown out there.

People don't realize there are different teams working on new content and things like fixing server performance and bugs. Its not that they're focusing on "useless things" it's that they can't, it's people who are good at different things. Obvious alot of people here don't know at all how these things work. Besides, new content is also needed. 

fanboy army defending this broken and glitched game, i m quitting today, animals nerf  and crashes of server on weekend was my last stand to this trash  compay, good bay

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Coldpaws said:

I played ark EA and now atlas EA I gotta say atlas was better then ark for getting stuff fixed with in days

I was in EA for Ark as well. That game was so broken at release that I uninstalled it and waited a year or more before jumping back in and by that time is was great fun. IMO Atlas is much better in EA. The devs have their work cut out for them but in time I'm sure everything will work out. 

As for comparing this games player base to Rust's well I would say that Rust's official forums were just as bad as this...with people ticked off at the devs every time something was changed or added. They could never make everyone happy. 

Atlas has it's issues but I like it and I hope the game continues to get better. If not then so be it but as of now I'm still a fan. And no I am not one of the devs fanboys. I'm just a regular guy that enjoys survival games.

Also I am not looking to stir the pot here...just expressing my opinion for what its worth and out of the thousands of mad players...it's not worth much.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coldpaws said:

No

4 hours ago, hectorguerra1331 said:

fanboy army defending this broken and glitched game, i m quitting today, animals nerf  and crashes of server on weekend was my last stand to this trash  compay, good bay

Another one gone! They are skinning the game and players abandon ship

8 hours ago, Hodo said:

with in depth ship building and actual sailing mechanics.  

Well... I dunno.  In-depth ship building? Well, ok. I can give you that one simply because you can add walls and such to ships. The actual keel choices are pretty limited for now.  As for sailing mechanics, it's way off.  It does a good job of providing playable ship movement that sorta simulates sailing.  As for actual sailing mechanics, Naval Action is much closer to reality. Unfortunately, they too drove off most of their playerbase.

I actually really enjoy atlas, i understand there are a lot of cheaters and bugs. The concept is actually phenominal.

i am really looking forward to magic, but hope it’s not black wizard style with lightning bolts and op armor buffs

16 hours ago, Coldpaws said:

Me too, and i have to say, you are not right. ARK updates made it better from update to update. In very very tiny little steps, but better. The feeling i have with Atlas is: "oh a new update, well that sucks a little bit more than the last update, bugs not fixed but implemented new crap that make it more unplayable"

• Like 1

Nah

• Like 1

The thing is this game is from a year one ark build alot of the bugs are old ark bugs that got fix that's what players are getting mad at.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hectorguerra1331 said:

No one is accepting the problems, not one person has said, "the games perfect". it's stupid when people call everyone a fanboy just cause they're not frothing at the mouth every time something goes wrong.. 

What people are calling out are those who bought and EA title and are expecting it to run smoothly, no bugs or the Devs to magically make any problems they find disappear in the next 5 mins. You said you're leaving cause it's broken and glitchy, then don't buy a fucking EA game lol. I don't like to swear, but it's just pure player ignorance at this point.

Again, no one is happy with the bugs, but most of us (I hope) understand  what an EA title is and the cons that come with it. 

On the topic of a review, no game should be reviewed in EA, because the review comes pointless after the first few patches. Stema for example, a lot of the reviews are about not being able to access the server, thos eprobelkms ended weeks ago, meaning the rewview become pointless and paint a falsh picture of the current game. With a game that's changing day by day, week by week, month by month, the points you make in your review on that day will become moot, meaning they will have to update it constantly and change their score.

Edited by Herasea
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Herasea said:

No one is accepting the problems, not one person has said, "the games perfect". it's stupid when people call everyone a fanboy just cause they're not frothing at the mouth every time something goes wrong.. 

What people are calling out are those who bought and EA title and are expecting it to run smoothly, no bugs or the Devs to magically make any problems they find disappear in the next 5 mins. You said you're leaving cause it's broken and glitchy, then don't buy a fucking EA game lol. I don't like to swear, but it's just pure player ignorance at this point.

Again, no one is happy with the bugs, but most of us (I hope) understand  what an EA title is and the cons that come with it. 

On the topic of a review, no game should be reviewed in EA, because the review comes pointless after the first few patches. Stema for example, a lot of the reviews are about not being able to access the server, thos eprobelkms ended weeks ago, meaning the rewview become pointless and paint a falsh picture of the current game. With a game that's changing day by day, week by week, month by month, the points you make in your review on that day will become moot, meaning they will have to update it constantly and change their score.

I dont give a shit about the bugs! I dont even post about them I post about people quieting this game because the devs wont listen and fix issues that ruin the game ie land claim system is shit. 3 claims per player is all you need! 1 person can own a island and tax it? WTF we deal with this in RL dont need it in a video game

17 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I dont give a shit about the bugs! I dont even post about them I post about people quieting this game because the devs wont listen and fix issues that ruin the game ie land claim system is shit. 3 claims per player is all you need! 1 person can own a island and tax it? WTF we deal with this in RL dont need it in a video game

My point wasn't directed at you, I quoted the person i was directing it at.

We know it's shit, but that doesn't meant they're not listening.

Again just because it's not being fixed as quickly as YOU or others would like, does not meant they're not listening or doing nothing about it. You're on assuming this, which does nothing to help the game or contribute to the development.

19 hours ago, Faicorf said:

Genuine question: do EA reviews get removed when a game hits full release? or are they marked as an EA review?

They just get marked as EA review.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Herasea said:

My point wasn't directed at you, I quoted the person i was directing it at.

We know it's shit, but that doesn't meant they're not listening.

Again just because it's not being fixed as quickly as YOU or others would like, does not meant they're not listening or doing nothing about it. You're on assuming this, which does nothing to help the game or contribute to the development.

Devs dont know their game thats clear. 500 plus people per company and dreams of grand battles with out big lag spikes to the point of unplayable. Its a joke and its going to bite them in the ass. Maybe if there wasn't a survival building mechanic in the game because that alone takes a toll on data in a server and your expecting hundreds of people to gather in for battles. What a joke! Im not a programmer and i can figure that shit out

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I personally have no problem with one person owning an entire island, do you know how much maintenance that would be to actually keep that island? the guy is going to literally spend all of their time running from flag to flag to keep their claim. All it takes is two people, one on each side of the island and he has lost one of their claims due to the fact they cant be 2 places at once..

If somebody wants to spend their time locking down an island instead of playing the game. Then so be it, let them run marathons around the island just to keep their claim.

If you are seriously that pissed off about this games broken mechanics, then maybe you should just walk away mate.

• Like 1

IGN review is actually very solid, fair and neutral. i like it. 

can´t say I would compare both though

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 1:47 AM, Jean Lafitte said:

Well... I dunno.  In-depth ship building? Well, ok. I can give you that one simply because you can add walls and such to ships. The actual keel choices are pretty limited for now.  As for sailing mechanics, it's way off.  It does a good job of providing playable ship movement that sorta simulates sailing.  As for actual sailing mechanics, Naval Action is much closer to reality. Unfortunately, they too drove off most of their playerbase.

Unfortunately I never count launch numbers as the actual player numbers.  The plague of locust EA players that show up and expect something completely different then complain and demand refunds usually gives them a life cycle of about 30-90 days.   

After that the population usually levels off.  

And yes Naval Action has WAY better sailing mechanics, but even that is simplified compared to real life.   I tactic that is not in NA is the ability to steal the wind from another ships sails.   Or really a reason to use battle sails after how many years of requesting that ONE thing.

At least here if you use less sail you actually turn a fair bit better.